TNA iMPACT! video game

Jayzon

I obviously haven't been the biggest supporter of this game, but I don't think it should be judged by the PS2 version, bought from the store.

As I'm positive both graphics, and gameplay speed are greatly enhanced by the 360 and PS3.

Fixed.

Tired of the 360 getting all the glory. :shifty:

The game plays pretty good. Minor nitpicks are the lack of tag teams entering together (just seems a bit bleh), lack of moves and the fact that you have to unlock moves. I rented it. I might buy it, but I'll probably wait until its a bit cheaper.

DLC of Wrestlers with Petey Williams and Curry Man will be an added bonus and you could argue it is a exclusive feature that SDvsRAw doesn't have.

09 should be having it. They've mentioned it a few times. A friend of mine actually asked Ledesma at E3, and he said that stuff like attires would be available on DLC.

But then why release a PS2 version if it wasn't going to be up to scratch?

Wii owners have been asking the same question about every multi-console game. Seriously, is it that hard to make a game for the most popular system on the planet? Damn you Nintendo!

Well Nintendo have to be awkward. Back when everyone was releasing games on CDs (PS1, Saturn, Dreamcast), they stuck with cartridges. When they started using DVDs, they used mini-discs.

Now they're focusing more on the gimmick of being able to flap your arms about than graphics.

DLC of Wrestlers with Petey Williams and Curry Man will be an added bonus and you could argue it is a exclusive feature that SDvsRAw doesn't have.

Yeah because downloading 2 wrestlers onto a 25 man roster is miles better than having a 60 man roster.

When was the last time Smackdown vs Raw had a sixty man roster? All that is ever included is a handful of tag teams and the main guys. That's why I stopped buying it for a while.

I'm not sure about 60, but wasn't 2008 close to 50 with all the unlockables etc?

Shows how much I've played it...

They said 60+ months where to be in. Also anyone they add with DLC.

When was the last time Smackdown vs Raw had a sixty man roster? All that is ever included is a handful of tag teams and the main guys. That's why I stopped buying it for a while.

I'm not sure about 60, but wasn't 2008 close to 50 with all the unlockables etc?

Shows how much I've played it...

I own 08, but sadly the replay factor that games like No Mercy had is long gone. And I don't count the 'legends' as part of the roster. When is the last time a guy like Jamie Noble, Brian Kendrick, hell even Shelton Benjamin appeared on Raw vs. SD. Definitely not in 08. There isn't much roster depth to the Smackdown games is all that I'm saying.

I just picked up a copy of Impact at GameStop. I'll pop back in and let you know my thoughts on it.

Edited by IDOL

Benjamin only wasn't in 08, and he's in 09. With guys like Santino and Kofi Kingston in the game, there's no reason that THE Brian Kendrick won't be either. Noble might be pushing it, but Benjamin's in 09 and was in every other Smackdown game aside from 08 since he's been part of the WWE roster if my memory serves me correctly.

Brian Kendrick is doubtful since he didn't start the gimmick until the end of June. Unless he's in as London's partner, I HIGHLY doubt Kendrick will make the cut. Kofi's been around since January and Santino's been around since April of 2007, so they're hardly a stretch.

I've played through a bit of the story mode, as well as a few exhibition matches to get a grip on the controls. I think the game is pretty fun and refreshing from the standard of SvR series. Yes, seeing everyone and their mother doing a DVD gets a bit repetitive but if your just looking for a fun wrestling game to pick up and play with your friends I see absolutely no problem with Impact. The graphics are nice, and I actually like the indy feel they went for with the international arenas. The story mode is a welcome change for me as well as I can't stand the repetitiveness of SvR's season.

I've played through a bit of the story mode, as well as a few exhibition matches to get a grip on the controls. I think the game is pretty fun and refreshing from the standard of SvR series. Yes, seeing everyone and their mother doing a DVD gets a bit repetitive but if your just looking for a fun wrestling game to pick up and play with your friends I see absolutely no problem with Impact. The graphics are nice, and I actually like the indy feel they went for with the international arenas. The story mode is a welcome change for me as well as I can't stand the repetitiveness of SvR's season.

Yet.... isn't the story mode on Impact EXACTLY the same every time you play it? That's a bit repetitive, no?