T In The Park 2008

ADG

Well the announcement came this morning of the first bands signed to play at Balado this year. The Verve are signed to headline the Friday, Rage Against The Machine the Saturday and REM are signed to close the show on the Sunday night. The full line-up announced so far is (headliners in bold):

The Verve, Rage Against The Machine, REM, Kings of Leon, Fratellis, Kaiser Chiefs, Stereophonics, Prodigy, Chemical Brothers, Kooks, Aphex Twin, KT Tunstall, Biffy Clyro, Erol Alkan, Amy Winehouse, The Raconteurs, Primal Scream, Feeder, Counting Crows, The Feeling, DJ Hell, Wombats, Ian Brown, Amy MacDonald, Pigeon Detectives, The Enemy, The Pogues, Justice, The Charlatans, Interpol, Hot Chip, Pendulum, Ben Folds, Slam, Reverend And The Makers, The National, Jack Penate, Alabama 3, Sons and Daughters, Lightspeed Champion, The Courteeners, Band of Horses, Seasick Steve, Ting Tings, The Law, Black Kids, Sergeant and Gabriella Cilmi

Counting Crows at T In The Park?!?! AAAAWWWWWWEEEESSOOOOOOOOOMMMEE!!!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am very happy with the headliners, even though I could care less about REM, they're at least what I would consider headline material and have more than one or two albums worth of songs to play. I think leading up to this announcement there was a lot of scary ruours like Kaisers, Stereophonics, Kings of Leon, Fratellis and even Pigeon Detectives headlining even though some of those bands dont have any new material since last year nor do they seem to have grown much in popularity either, but I think all 3 deserve the spot they are in and can't fucking wait to hear Verve and RATM live!

The ones in bold are either ones I like right now or ones I think will grow enough on me by July that I'll want to go see them:

The Verve, Rage Against The Machine, REM, Kings of Leon, Fratellis, Kaiser Chiefs, Stereophonics, Prodigy, Chemical Brothers, Kooks, Aphex Twin, KT Tunstall, Biffy Clyro, Erol Alkan, Amy Winehouse, The Raconteurs, Primal Scream, Feeder, Counting Crows, The Feeling, DJ Hell, Wombats, Ian Brown, Amy MacDonald, Pigeon Detectives, The Enemy, The Pogues, Justice, The Charlatans, Interpol, Hot Chip, Pendulum, Ben Folds, Slam, Reverend And The Makers, The National, Jack Penate, Alabama 3, Sons and Daughters, Lightspeed Champion, The Courteeners, Band of Horses, Seasick Steve, Ting Tings, The Law, Black Kids, Sergeant and Gabriella Cilmi

Oh, my. I proper want to go to this now.

I'd go just to get pilled off my face and watch Pendulum.

I'd go just to get pilled off my face and watch Pendulum.

It's scary how often we think alike. Just without the pills.

And Summ, some of us, well me, have ridicuously high paid jobs, so could concievably go to both ^_^

Vodka pistols are needed.

And Gazz, you buying the booze then?

I'm sure I could stretch to a beer for the birthday boy (Y)

And Gazz, you buying the booze then?

Ill buy the booze if you come and hang out with me and Nerf :)

Buy 400 cans of lager first, then we'll talk.

And just to clarify, you are aware Nerf isn't a girl, he may look like one, but he's all man.

Edited by Dr. Gazz