NFL 2008

Cactus Drags

I gotta say, Phil Savage has done it again...Sure, we don't have any picks in the first few rounds, but theoretically, our draft was Brady Quinn, Corey Williams, and Shaun Rogers....which sounds pretty damn good to me. Savage knows what the Browns biggest weakness is and upgrades it immensely, offensive line last year, defensive line this year. Adding Stallworth just makes the offense even more dangerous, also. I'm really pumped and can't wait to see what Savage pulls off next.

I think the signing or trade of a good veteran cornerback would finish things off.

Yes but I seem to remember a year earlier in this decade when the Browns had a new young QB who came in and played well and seemed to turn the team around, hell they even made it to the playoffs.

Then they lost for the third time in the same season to the Steelers and it was all downhill from there.

So let's see if they can make it two decent years in a row.

My prediction: They can't.

I don't know how you feel about it, but I guess the Steelers are in the running for Moss as well.

Also including the Packers, Giants, Saints and Cowboys. I also heard the Eagles were supposedly going to be involved as well.

Regardless of what you/some may think of him...he is an upgrade for the 49ers, at this point and that's what I'm looking for.

He's more balanced than he is either possession or a deep threat. He will help Alex Smith out because he'll probably be the tallest receiver on the roster and with the Martz offense, the other receivers would get work as well, but in the redzone, Walker would come up big...for any team, really.

Edited by Evil Chase K

Ahh, which is why if the teams that are going after Moss aren't able to get him, the next person they'll be looking at is Walker? He's clearly the #2 WR (and could be argued thaleft on the market. If I'm overestimating his value, then so is the rest of the NFL.

I'm just going by what I've been reading regarding his free agency situation.

Just because he's the #2 WR left on the market doesn't mean he's brilliant. It just means he's better than the other free agent receivers out there. Which isn't saying much really.

I don't know how you feel about it, but I guess the Steelers are in the running for Moss as well.

Also including the Packers, Giants, Saints and Cowboys. I also heard the Eagles were supposedly going to be involved as well.

Bernard Berrian was considered the #2 FA WR behind Moss to start, that should tell you how putrid this crop of free agents is this year. Walker would be a good pick-up as a #2 guy for the 49ers and I think he could go well with Bruce and Davis there, but he's no way a #1.

What the fuck are the Raiders doing. Seriously. Fucking do something, ya fucking fucks. Upgrade the defensive line. Upgrade the offensive line. Get a fucking WR in here to compliment Curry and the group of guys that all run 4.4s.

They've already re-signed Tommy Kelly and signed Gibril Wilson. Apparently they didn't have much money before that anyway so I wouldn't expect them to do much more.

And Michael Turner is a Falcon. Whyyyy? :/

Edited by dwsnuk

» Few people had a busier 48-hour period than agent Drew Rosenhaus, who has negotiated close to $200 million worth of deals. Rosenhaus negotiated a $36 million deal with Chicago for linebacker Lance Briggs, a $35 million deal with Cleveland for receiver Donte Stallworth, a $42 million deal with Minnesota for receiver Bernard Berrain, a $13 million deal with Miami for receiver Ernest Wilford, a $9 million deal with San Diego for quarterback Billy Volek along with other deals for Buffalo defensive tackle Marcus Stroud and Denver defensive end Ebenezer Ekuban. And Rosenhaus isn't done yet. He's still doing deals for Jacksonville defensive end Bobby McCray, Titans guard Jacob Bell, Patriots wide receiver Jabar Gaffney, Eagles defensive end Jevon Kearse, Redskins running back Rock Cartwright, Bears special teamer Brendon Ayanbadejo and Jaguars quarterback Quinn Gray. Somebody's not getting any sleep. --Adam Schefter

The Panthers signed former Cleveland free-agent cornerback Ricardo Colclough to a two-year, $4 million contract.

The Houston Texans have signed unrestricted free agent cornerback Jacques Reeves, the team announced today. Reeves played the first four years of his career with the Cowboys. Reeves broke into the staring lineup last season appearing in all 16 games with a career-high 13 starts at cornerback. He finished the season with 60 tackles (52 solo) and recorded his first career interception in Week 1 against the New York Giants.