NFL 2008

Cactus Drags

Um if you don't think he's a significant upgrade at QB, you're insane.

And I like Chad Pennington. I wouldn't call a guy who's never missed a start and played through a truckload of injuries a pussy either. A diva, absolutely, but a pussy he is not.

I may not have been clear... thought I was...

I like Pennington as well... I dont care for Bret at all seeing as how he has treated the folks in Green Bay over the last few years... I dont like hearing that Pennington is on his way out...

As for a significant upgrade... yea Favre is, but I dont like the idea of him here in NY at all... I would rather have Pennington here again... some things are more important then winning to me.. thats all.

Edited by darkrayne

I'm a Cowboys fan, I am incapable of understanding things mattering more than winning and am eagerly awaiting my team's accquisition of Chris Henry. Perhaps we can also land Rae Carruth if he gets paroled.

What? Waffling about over retirement? I'll give it 16 weeks. You're going to have to be more direct with your criticisms here

Favre didn't treat the fans of Green Bay poorly, he treated the Packers organization poorly and with what's happened lately, I can't say that I'm upset about it.

And as long as the team wins, I'm sure Brett won't waffle. If they lose, I'm still convinced he'll at least finish out the season.

And what is more important in football than winning? Uhhh, nothing, as that's kinda the point of the game, no?

Favre makes them a possible playoff contender, which ya' know, is what the organization was going for. I just don't understand how a fan of the team isn't excited about it considering it'll keep the team from being another basement dweller.

Edited by Livid

Favre didn't treat the fans of Green Bay poorly, he treated the Packers organization poorly and with what's happened lately, I can't say that I'm upset about it.

And as long as the team wins, I'm sure Brett won't waffle. If they lose, I'm still convinced he'll at least finish out the season.

And what is more important in football than winning? Uhhh, nothing, as that's kinda the point of the game, no?

Favre makes them a possible playoff contender, which ya' know, is what the organization was going for. I just don't understand how a fan of the team isn't excited about it considering it'll keep the team from being another basement dweller.

He has done the whole "will i retire or wont I retire " routine for the last few years.. I am tired of seeing it/ hearing about it and now I get to look forward to that drama here... I would rather see us lose with dignity.. than win with him at the helm... although a brilliant injury in his first game would be nice too... yea I said it... sorry if this doesnt make me popular in this thread, just how I feel.

If you expect he'll be doing waffling for the Jets, you're naive. He's only going to be there for a year, two maybe and that's only if they continue winning. If they lose, it'll be quite cut and dry as to what his decision will be. If they're winning, I'm sure he'll want to see it out.

And I lived in Wisconsin during the entire "will he or won't he" period and honestly, it's not as bad as the media makes it out to be. Granted, it's not necessarily the best thing to do, but I mean, after the couple bad years, wouldn't you have considered retirement too?

Well my hope for Brett Favre's Madden curse (that he would get hit by a bus) just became much more likely with him playing in New York (or technically New Jersey).

Seriously though, that's a big coup for the Jets. Favre may end up being a distraction for the Jets, but he's also a huge upgrade for them. Just don't expect him to play much longer than this year.

As a Lions fan, I'm just happy to have him out of the NFC North (hopefully forever). Now a new QB can carve my team's defense up like a turkey twice a year.

A while back I was looking at one of the football stats databases (the exact site escapes me at the moment) and I realized that the Lions have not won both games against Green Bay in any year since Brett Favre took over as their QB. Not a single time. In fact, there was only something like 3-4 seasons where they managed to steal ONE of the games. Granted, the Lions have sucked forever, but that's still some impressive dominance by Favre's Packers, and pretty much the entire reason why I could never ever like Brett Favre.

I would imagine the site you're trying to think of is pro-football-reference.com.

AKA the best site in the world.

...second to EWB, though, of course. <_<

Edited by Livid

I doubt it will happen, but I'd love it if the Jets trade him to the Vikings or Bears. Especially the Bears. Sexy Rexy needs to go play Arena Football.

There's a clause in the trade that says if the Jets trade him to the Vikings, they owe the Packers three first round draft picks. So it's not going to happen.

I'm not actually too bothered about it, now that I think about it. JT knows the system and they're going up against arguably the best CB duo in the league and regardless...he'll look awful. Smith comes in, plays a decent amount of time against the Raider backups and gains some confidence while playing more in a new system.

I heard the Jets would have to give GB three first rounders if they traded him to Minnesota. Not sure about Chicago.

Maxx, you'll have to excuse him, Jet fans don't know what winning is, so they've had to cope by convincing themselves that the game is about more than winning. It isn't.

I blame Joe Namath trying to drunkingly seduce Suzy Kolber for that.

Suzy Kolber: "Joe, it's been a tough season for Jets fans. What does it mean to you now that the team is struggling?"

Joe Namath: "I wanna kiss you. I couldn't care less about the team struggling. What we know is we can improve. Chad Pennington, our quarterback, missed the first part of the season, and we struggled. We're looking to next season, we're looking to make a noise now and ... I wanna kiss you!"

Edited by naiwf