NFL 2008

Cactus Drags

And we've won 3 since your last victory in the super bowl, and are a whole lot closer to doing it again than you are.

You have to get to the playoffs to lose in them.

Edited by Maxx

Donte Stallworth is starting for the Browns is an explosive receiver who should have a good year while teams try and double up on Braylon. Gonzalez isn't as good as he used to be, sure, but he's still a very good TE, top 3 in the league.

And all of those backs will be starting. True that McAllister is in a two-back system but he always gets the grunt work aka the bulk of the carries. And McGahee's banged up right now but once he's back, there's no question he's the starter though Rice will get plenty of carries. And there's nobody in Miami that will unseat Brown unless he gets hurt again.

And I disagree on the fact that Gonzalez is the only aerial threat they have because Bowe's a solid receiver who's only going to improve.

I read that Harborough's apparently pretty high on Ray Rice, and is just sort of toeing the company line with McGahee as the starter. Any excuse, and he'll yank him for Rice.

Oh I'm on high on Rice too. He's a good back but I can't imagine that they would yank McGahee out completely, especially with seemingly the entire league going to two-back systems. But there's just no way that Rice unseats him this year. Perhaps soon but he's still a good back who eats up carries and yards. He hasn't really fucked up either, apart from his various injuries. And I would hope that he wouldn't lose his job because of injury. Unless Rice comes in and has a year like AP did last year.

And I'm on the fence on this little duel here. On one hand, Maxx is a Cowboys fan and I absolutely hate them. On the other, DMN's a Raider fan and while they're across the bay...I hate them too. Conundrum indeed. :(

Edited by Livid

And we've won 3 since your last victory in the super bowl, and are a whole lot closer to doing it again than you are.

You have to get to the playoffs to lose in them.

Romomania's 0-2 when it counts. 'nuff said.

And he's in the playoffs. So that would make the Cowboys alot closer than a team thats been coming in last in their divison for the last four years now wouldn't it?

And wow, Romo has the same record in the playoffs Eli after two tries? And Peyton Manning? What horrible company to be in.

Yeah but would you really want him continuing his career?

I mean, c'mon, if he were to smoke crack and return...we wouldn't have like, the best football injury ever.

And it happened to a fucking douchebag too.

Don't take that away from me! :crying:

But just picture Theismann getting back up with his leg all swinging at odd angles and being all "Gimme the ball."

Then on the next play, Taylor, in a crack-induced rage, tears the damn thing completely off and beats Theismann to death with it. Now THAT would be the best football injury ever.

And it looks like the Cowboys playoffs hopes look even brighter, as rumor has it Joe Horn might be rollin' into Big D soon. :shifty:

I knew the rumours would start as soon as Horn was released. I wouldn't be terribly disappointed if Dallas did sign him because he'd add a bit more veteran presence to our receiving corps (which is fairly young behind the starters) and having him as a 3rd receiver (or even 4th behind Hurd) wouldn't be bad considering Miles Austin is banged up.