NFL 2008

Cactus Drags

Fantasy help please. I have the Chargers DST against the Pats this week, would I be better off picking up the best free agent DST, New Orleans, who have a good matchup against the Raiders?

The Packers are actually the best DST available, but Dragsy refuses to acknowledge them for SOME reason :rolleyes:

Forget the Niners, trade Housh or Roy Williams to Dallas, Patrick Crayton is officially crap as a number 2. Miles Austin will probably overtake him on the depth chart by next season.

I totally forgot about the Martz/Williams connection from Detriot, so yeah Williams would be the better choice all the way around. However as I said, I'm not getting my hopes up on anything, a WR, Tackle, new commentator (Eric Smith isn't bad, though)

Edited by MikelSweeten

Cincinnati giving up Hooch would be a fucking ridiculous move, especially now Ocho Cinco has proven he's nothing more than He Hate Me 2.0 and would be utter suicide.

I know he hasn't done much, but comparing Chad Johnson to Rod Smart?

Is the NFL intent on having a boring league where defenses aren't allowed to do anything? Adrian Wilson's been fined $25,000 for the hit on Trent Edwards, which I didn't see anything wrong with while other players are fined much less for helmet-to-helmet hits. Plus, Ronnie Brown and a couple of Dolphins linemen were fined $10,000 each for their little endzone dance last week which is just lame.

Is the NFL intent on having a boring league where defenses aren't allowed to do anything? Adrian Wilson's been fined $25,000 for the hit on Trent Edwards, which I didn't see anything wrong with while other players are fined much less for helmet-to-helmet hits. Plus, Ronnie Brown and a couple of Dolphins linemen were fined $10,000 each for their little endzone dance last week which is just lame.

I watched that game, and it looked to me like Trent was hurt more by the impact of hitting the ground then the initial tackle. I understand the desire to protect the quarterback, but it looked like a fair hit to me.

Agreed. It wasn't helmet-to-helmet and it wasn't late. They say he broke the rule stating that "a defensive player must not unnecessarily or violently throw him down and land on top of him with all or most of the defender's weight." They may as well go the extra mile and turn it into flag football.

I totally agree. Wilson should not have been fined for the hit. Seriously, what more could Wilson have done? He kept his head up, wrapped up the quarterback, and then didn't drive him into the turf. It's not his fault Edward's head bounced off the ground... and if the NFL was just intent on charging him for roughing up a quarterback, 25k is WAY to much considering Eric Smith of the Jets tried to fucking murder Boldin just last week and all the NFL did was charge him 50k and gave him a week off.... that still angers me :angry:

I completely agree that the fines are getting out of hand.

Just this week the Steelers had James Harrison get fined for criticizing an absolutely horrible call, Hines Ward getting fined for something that he did in the game against the Ravens LAST WEEK and Ryan Clark fined for a non-helmet-to-helmet hit on Matt Jones that was only late because the ball was dropped/tipped.

It's ridiculous.

Well Harrison's fine was pretty fair, to be honest. The guy questioned the ref's motives for the call. I mean, yes it was a bad call, but you don't say that the ref made that call because he had money riding on the game, especially in light of the whole Hochuli stuff and then the whole scandal in the NBA.

That fine was right. The rest, I agree, is starting to get out of hand.