NFL 2008

Cactus Drags

Is Arizona's secondary really that bad? I mean, Brett Favre is probably my favorite sports icon of all-time, but 6 TD's?!

Warner had SIX turnovers. It's almost impossible to win when you keep giving the other team a short field. 7 out of 12 possessions started on the Arizona side of the field, and the Jets ended up scoring 34 points on those drives.

1Q

Time Time

15:00 1:45 NYJ 29 3 5 Punt

07:40 1:08 NYJ 43 3 9 Interception

05:02 5:18 ARZ 49 10 49 Touchdown

2Q

09:44 2:27 NYJ 17 4 83 Touchdown

07:00 3:28 ARZ 19 8 17 Field Goal

02:00 1:50 ARZ 40 7 40 Touchdown

00:02 0:02 ARZ 12 1 0 Field Goal

3Q

12:39 1:52 NYJ 26 3 9 Punt

02:50 6:00 NYJ 20 12 80 Touchdown

4Q

09:49 2:23 ARZ 49 4 49 Touchdown

04:49 1:43 ARZ 39 6 13 Missed FG

02:58 1:04 ARZ 29 4 29 Touchdown

Edited by naiwf

Romo seemed to not want to pass to anyone but T.O. all day, especially in the big play situations. Yeah I know TO is probably the best receiver, but holy fuck how much more predictable could you get?

Patrick Crayton and Jason Witten each had the same amount of catches as T.O. (7) and more yardage. Romo is very good at spreading the ball around. But, nonetheless, lol dallas.

Owens was thrown to a hell of a lot more though, he must have dropped three or so passes and had a couple batted down, too. And why lol, dallas? The Redskins are a decent team. It's not like we played terribly either, just they played better and more importantly didn't turn the ball over. If there's a team to laugh at today it surely has to be the Broncos :P

Eric Smith (the Jets Corner) should be suspended for at least two games for that dirty, head shot on 'Q. I understand "helmet-to-helmet" collisons are going to happen from time to time, and I am all for big Roy Williams' esque big hits, but he wasn't even in the play. He came in late, and could EASILY ended 'Qs career. The NFL should come down on this fool hard, but I doubt they will since Arizona isn't a high profile team.

... and lol @ Favre throwing his sixth td pass on 4th and 5 with 2:00 to go in the game and his team up by two touchdowns. :lmao:

Edited by MikelSweeten

Redskins were the better team and people bought into thinking we weren't good like the analysts seem to want to tell everyone.

I think we can sweep Dallas now as we've got the home match, and I'll be content with taking all the matches at home from our divisional matches now that we have that road win over the Cowboys.

Hopefully people sit up and take notice that we're a good team. People were trying to call us an 8-8 team but I think we have 10 wins in us at least.

Which retarded analysts have been saying the Redskins are a bad team? I haven't heard any say that at all. It's just that they were being compared to Dallas who have been labelled the best team in the league after those massive wins against Green Bay and Philly while the Skins have just beaten the stop start Saints and the overrated Cardinals.

I never said bad - I said "weren't good"

It was more the fact Dallas and New York headed every analysts power rankings - and rightly so, Philadelphia were a couple behind and then Washington were down around 17-20 mark.

The NFC East is home to 4 of the best teams in the league this time, and I hope that when people do their rankings that they give us the respect we deserve and put Washington higher up their rankings as one of the better teams in the NFL.

I just want people to accept that we're a good team this year, and not 8-8 or sub .500 like some people seem to think. Then again you have to take analysts view with a pinch of salt - some aren't afraid to let their bias get in the way (not just with the Redskins but with everything in general). And I wanted to see Tony McGee get more stick for what he said about the Dallas/Washington match on Sky Sports. Shame he never <_<

Edited by IAceI

I don't think the people saying the Redskins will go 8-8 and finish bottom of the division are saying Washington isn't a good team. They're saying just how tough the NFC East is. Put the 'Skins in any of the other NFC divisions and they'd probably win them but in the same division as Dallas, Philly & New York it's going to be tough.

What makes the division even tougher this year is that we're playing the NFC West and the AFC North which should garner a lot of wins. It makes the divisional games even more important and the Redskins' victory yesterday puts them in a strong position. I think the Giants have the upper hand, though, they could be 7-0, 6-1 before they play a division game with their schedule. It'll be tough to catch up to them.

... and lol @ Favre throwing his sixth td pass on 4th and 5 with 2:00 to go in the game and his team up by two touchdowns. :lmao:

It wasn't funny, it cost me the victory in my fantasy football league. Assholes. :crying:

I don't think the people saying the Redskins will go 8-8 and finish bottom of the division are saying Washington isn't a good team. They're saying just how tough the NFC East is. Put the 'Skins in any of the other NFC divisions and they'd probably win them but in the same division as Dallas, Philly & New York it's going to be tough.

What makes the division even tougher this year is that we're playing the NFC West and the AFC North which should garner a lot of wins. It makes the divisional games even more important and the Redskins' victory yesterday puts them in a strong position. I think the Giants have the upper hand, though, they could be 7-0, 6-1 before they play a division game with their schedule. It'll be tough to catch up to them.

Not sure about you lot or the other 2 teams but I reckon we're good enough to win every non-divisional match.

I want the NFC East to be viewed as the phenomenal division, but I wouldn't object to Philly falling by the wayside pretty much allowing Cowboys/Giants/Redskins all to go into the play offs. I can't really see a wildcard going to an NFC team outside the East.

Redskins vs. Titans Superbowl final. Which would be fun as my best friend is a Titans fan. Hopefully we've proven something to him though, beating the Cowboys when few people expected it. As he's already got his team 7-0 and I don't think you can really afford to do that.

EDIT: And I feel I should say that I attribute our success so far to good play calling from JZ and JC not turning the ball over like he did last year. He had a lot of interceptions and lead in fumbles last year, this year he's yet to turn the ball over. And I said on another messageboard at half time that I thought we could win because I was confident we wouldn't turn the ball over but I was convinced Romo had an interception in him somewhere. Lo-and-behold he finds Chris Horton later on.

Edited by IAceI

Not sure about you lot or the other 2 teams but I reckon we're good enough to win every non-divisional match.

I don't think you'll beat Pittsburgh and I think Seattle can beat you if they can find some form in the next couple of weeks with Engram and Branch boosting the receiving corps. At Baltimore will also be a tough game. You've also got a bit of an easier schedule because you finished third in the division last year. It's useless predicting NFC East games really, I always just put down Dallas as 3-3 because they're nearly impossible to predict.

Man the Eagles better get their pass defense straightened out. Samuel was supposed to be a shut down guy but he's not looking that great. Its one thing to give up 3 TDs to Tony Romo, but when fucking Neckbeard drops 3 on you, something is wrong.

Eric Smith (the Jets Corner) should be suspended for at least two games for that dirty, head shot on 'Q. I understand "helmet-to-helmet" collisons are going to happen from time to time, and I am all for big Roy Williams' esque big hits, but he wasn't even in the play. He came in late, and could EASILY ended 'Qs career. The NFL should come down on this fool hard, but I doubt they will since Arizona isn't a high profile team.

Smith got a game and a $50,000 fine. I think that's far too lenient, but I'm sure they'll still appeal it.