NFL 2008

Cactus Drags

1. Which player is most responsible for the Falcons' newly founded relevancy: Matt Ryan, Roddy White, or Michael Turner? Matt Ryan... The Falcons have had a decent running game even without Vick, and have been poor. Don't get me wrong, Turner is a BEAST, and without him ATL wouldn't be where they are, however Ryan gives the Falcons a playmaker at QB similiar to Vick, only in a different way.

2. At the end of the season, how will Jason Campbell rank among the other QBs? Middle of the road, if you rank them, would I say between 8 and 15.

3. Will this be the Pacman's last season in the NFL? While chances are good he may be done in Dallas, SOMEONE will pick him up.... and by someone I mean probably the Bengals. <_<

5. Who's to blame for the Bengals being so terrible: SOOO terrible? Carson Palmer's elbow. I blame Mike Brown for the Bengals being terrible in general, but in this particular case with the Bengals being THIS terrible, I blame Carson's elbow. You give them a healthy Carson Palmer and they're still horrid, just not this bad.

6. Of the four one-loss/undefeated teams (Titans, Steelers, Giants, and Bills), who is most likely to have the biggest fall from grace? I like all of them. I believed the only one out of the bunch I picked to miss the playoffs would be the Titans, and that is who I will pick to miss the playoffs. I still see the Jags putting it together, and possibly knocking the Titans out of the division/playoff spot.

7. Of the seven one-win/winless teams (Chiefs, Seahawks, Raiders, Rams, Texans, Lions, and Bengals), who is most likely to salvage their season and somehow sneak into the playoffs? Seattle. I STILL think they will win the division.

8. Were the Patriots smart for sticking with Cassel, or should they have sought another starting QB? Should have brought in another QB. I said it then, and say it now.

9. Speaking of the Patriots, does the loss of Tom Brady expose Belichick as a fraud? No, it exposes how GREAT Tom Brady is. They fact that the Patriots may still win the division proves that Belichick is worth his 'cred.

10. Has Brett Favre been better so far this season than he was last season? No. Last year Favre carried the Packers on his shoulders until Ryan Grant exploded onto the scene. And on top of that, while Favre was playing so well last year, he seldom turned the ball over. This year his INTs are back up, and if you take out that crazy 6TD game, he really isn't having that spectacular of a year.

11. Whose future looks brightest: Aaron Rodgers', JaMarcus Russell's, Joe Flacco's, or Matt Ryan's? Matt Ryan, though I think Rodgers is just beneath him. Flacco could have a good career as well, though I think Russell will follow the line of Alex Smith, and be a complete bust who has to stay on with his team for a longer then he should due to his contract.

12. Here are the top ten draft picks:

Jake Long (OT, Miami)

Chris Long (DE, St. Louis)

Matt Ryan (QB, Atlanta)

Darren McFadden (RB, Oakland)

Glenn Dorsey (DT, Kansas City)

Vernon Gholston (LB, New York Jets)

Sedrick Ellis (DT, New Orleans)

Derrick Harvery (DE, Jacksonville)

Keith Rivers (LB, Cincinnati)

Jerod Mayo (LB, New England)

Excluding the Falcons and Raiders, which team is benefiting the most from their pick so far this season? How come we have to exclude those two teams? Matt Ryan is already the rookie of the year, and what has D-Mac done for the Raiders? He's had one big game, that's it. If you force me to exclude Ryan, then I would go with Felix Jones from the Cowboys, and if I have to choose strictly from your list, I would say Jake Long who is a BEAST as a tackle.

13. What player has had the best single-game performance to date? Michael Turner, Week 1. With that single game, he forced teams to fear him as a runner, which in turn has helped protect Matt Ryan far more then any offensive lineman can.

14. What player has surprised you the most in a good way, and who has surprised you the most in a bad way? Good, Ronnie Brown. I've always thought he was a junk player, though he is starting to make me a believer in him. Bad, Ocho Cinco. It's not ALL his fault, but less then 20 catches on the season isn't very good.

15. What rookie RB has the most long-term potential? Felix Jones, just for the simple fact that Dallas knows how to use their personell, and very seldom asks them to do too much. Felix Jones will never carry the load for a team consistenty, much like DMC, Mendenhall, Stewart, ect will, however he will be more valuable in a change of pace & kick/punt return game.

16. Which Browns QB (Anderson or Quinn) will get traded and where should he go? Anderson... even after the season he had last year, and then signing a HUGE contract, he had three bad games and the team was on the verge of moving past him. Eventually he will hit a slow spot again, and the team will rush Brady Quinn out there... as for where he'll end up? Probably Tampa if Gruden is still around :w00t:

17. Biggest disappointment so far: Browns, Seahawks, Bengals, or Texans? Texans. Seahawks will still win their division, I didn't pick Bengals or Browns to do anything, anyways. I actually thought Houston had a chance of snagging a wild card..... :crying:

18. What happens to Rex Grossman, Tarvaris Jackson, and Troy Smith now that their starting jobs with their current teams are probably lost for good? Grossman and T-Jack are cut. Troy Smith probably will stay with the team for another couple years possible as a back up.

19. Are the Packers better off without Favre? Yes... because if they didn't play Rodgers now, they wouldn't have resigned him, and since Farvre has one or two years MAX, you wouldn't have had a 'plan going forward' at the most important position in sports.

20. Is Kyle Orton a very good player, or is he just an efficient passer in the right place at the right time? Kyle Orton and the term "very good player" should not be used inthe same sentence ever again.

21. Who gives Tampa Bay the best chance at a championship: Brian Griese or Jeff Garcia? Garcia

22. Is Mark Bulger a good QB in a bad situation, or is he overpaid and overrated? A mixture of both.

23. Considering how well Turner has done with the Falcons and how he is a few years younger than LT, did the Chargers make a mistake in letting him go? Yes... LT is on the verge of falling off. If they would have kept Turner, they could have lessnened LT's role and prolonged his career, while having an effective 'plan going forward' at running back. I don't see LT ever returning to his dominate form.

24. Which team is hurting the most due to injuries? The Patriots... no arguement.

25. Who is the frontrunner for Defensive Player of the Year? Courtland Finnegan. His stats are crazy even on a Madden video game.

26. Which team has benefited the most from their offseason decisions? Falcons

27. If you knew for a fact that a WR would end up winning the MVP award, who would it most likely be? TO, best player on arguable the best team in the league. Doens't it work that way for QBs?

28. What is your favorite moment of the season so far? Jason Elam missing 20 yard field goal, then making a 50 yarder to win the game... oh yeah, and this NUTSFUCK amazing pass in between by Matt Ryan.

29. Which team is most likely to hire Bill Cowher after this season is over? I actually believe Cowher will end up in college, and no matter where he goes it will be in a few years. However if he just wants to get back into coaching this year, I would pick St Louis or 'Frisco.

St Louis becaus of the fact when things go bad, teams typically hire the opposite of their coaching preference. St Louis typically goes after offensive guys, so if they go with the inverse, Cowher would be their man. And he may consider taking the job considering the talent level they have on offensive.

I also mention Frisco, because of the fact that they are similiar to Pittsburgh in the fact that they are an old school, family run team, who has a lot of talent on both sides of the football. As a fan of the Niners, I really wish 'Frisco would let Mike Nolan hang on a few extra seasons and see if he can continue to develope the team. However I realize change is more then likely near, and I would imagine 'Frisco would be a top job considering the talent level the team has, on top of the fact that the division looks to be PISSPOOR now only this year, but for a few more years.

I also wouldn't rule out Chicago.

30. Which new head coach has been more impressive: Tony Sporano or Jim Zorn? Jim Zorn... other dude is an mob boss actor. :lmao:

31. Rank your top five players so far this season. Drew Brees, Jay Cutler, Albert Haynesworth, Larry Fitzgerald, Brett Farve

32. Finally, which teams are making it to the Superbowl and who will win? Jaguars & Cowboys... sticking by my pre-season picks

Edited by MikelSweeten

1. Which player is most responsible for the Falcons' newly founded relevancy: Matt Ryan, Roddy White, or Michael Turner?

None of them - I put most of the credit on their new-lookg offensive line. With last year's mess of a line in place, Turner doesn't rush for anything and Ryan gets introduced to the turf a lot more.

2. At the end of the season, how will Jason Campbell rank among the other QBs?

I'd say top ten. Tenth or ninth maybe.

3. Will this be the Pacman's last season in the NFL?

Hopefully, the whole debacle surrounding him is just irritating now.

4. Who is the most overrated RB so far this season?

Take your pick really. Willis McGahee hasn't been much cop, but Lawrence Maroney has been a complete non-factor.

5. Who's to blame for the Bengals being so terrible: Marvin Lewis, Mike Brown, or the players?

All of the above. They all have to shoulder some blame.

6. Of the four one-loss/undefeated teams (Titans, Steelers, Giants, and Bills), who is most likely to have the biggest fall from grace?

Pittsburgh. It's between them and Buffalo, and I like the Bills too much.

7. Of the seven one-win/winless teams (Chiefs, Seahawks, Raiders, Rams, Texans, Lions, and Bengals), who is most likely to salvage their season and somehow sneak into the playoffs?

They won't make the playoffs, but Seattle. This ties in with a later answer.

8. Were the Patriots smart for sticking with Cassel, or should they have sought another starting QB?

Ain't nobody care.

9. Speaking of the Patriots, does the loss of Tom Brady expose Belichick as a fraud?

Hilariously so. Without his star quarterback, Belichick and co. have sucked on defense, sucked on the offensive line and sucked at running, and it makes me smile.

10. Has Brett Favre been better so far this season than he was last season?

I'd say it's about even. You have to ignore the Arizona game because that was a freak of nature.

11. Whose future looks brightest: Aaron Rodgers', JaMarcus Russell's, Joe Flacco's, or Matt Ryan's?

FLACCO FLACCO FLACCO. Probably Ryan, then Rodgers, then Flacco, then Russell, but all but Russell should do well.

Jake Long (OT, Miami)

Matt Ryan (QB, Atlanta)

Excluding the Falcons and Raiders, which team is benefiting the most from their pick so far this season?

I'd go with Jake Long simply because Miami have won a game this year. They wouldn't have done that without a better offensive line in place, would they?

13. What player has had the best single-game performance to date?

Mike Turner, no doubt about it. It was against Detroit, sure, but still. I'll do the rest later

Ah, usual unbiased views from Chase I see :rolleyes:

OH NOES! I POSTED BIAS VIEWS OF FOOTBALL ON AN INTERNET MESSAGE BOARD!

27. If you knew for a fact that a WR would end up winning the MVP award, who would it most likely be? This is so unlikely that I can't even think of one WR deserving of the award. Um...Plaxico Burress is the only one who a case can be made for.

I disagree, the Giants didn't miss a beat without him. I know it was only against Seattle, but still.

It's not so much about that as it is that Plax makes the Giants a balanced team. His presence allows their passing game to work at a high level and it makes them a balanced offense. If they didn't have Plax they wouldn't have any major weapons to throw the ball too and teams could put 8-9 in the box and stop their run and completely shut them down.

3. Will this be the Pacman's last season in the NFL? God, I hope so, but I doubt it. He's done as a Cowboy, though, and as a Cowboys fan I couldn't be happier - didn't want him on the team to begin with! But, to answer the question, if Goodell doesn't outright ban him, I'd be surprised if he doesn't end up with another team (Raiders, maybe? Davis is nuts enough to risk it) but I think he's done if he gets in trouble again if he's given another chance.

No, he's not done as a Cowboy. If he plays again it will be with Dallas. Jerry Jones has already said he'd consider bringing him back should he be reinstated. Not to mention he's been one of our better players defensively this season (not saying a whole lot though, I guess).

Wade Philips thinks Pacman's done as a Cowboy. But then again it's Wade Philips, possibly the worst head coach in the NFL, so what does he know?

It's not so much about that as it is that Plax makes the Giants a balanced team. His presence allows their passing game to work at a high level and it makes them a balanced offense. If they didn't have Plax they wouldn't have any major weapons to throw the ball too and teams could put 8-9 in the box and stop their run and completely shut them down.

That's only true when Eli doesn't get Plax on the brain and look to throw EVERY pass in his direction. If a team was stupid enough to put 8 in the box and Burress isn't playing then Toomer, Smith, Hixon, Moss, Boss and whoever else would be involved in the passing game would eat them up in single coverage. It's great having Plax on the team, but there are times where Eli throws way too many balls his way especially when guys like Smith are eating up big chunks of yards underneath. It's like the Randy Moss/Wes Welker effect.

Ah, usual unbiased views from Chase I see :rolleyes:

OH NOES! I POSTED BIAS VIEWS OF FOOTBALL ON AN INTERNET MESSAGE BOARD!

It'd just be nice to see some impartial views from you for once, then maybe we could take you seriously. Especially for someone who's studying sports journalism or broadcasting or whatever the hell it is. Everyone's biased to their own team a bit (see: Vendetta's responses to Plankton's questions) but you take it to a whole new level.

3. Will this be the Pacman's last season in the NFL? God, I hope so, but I doubt it. He's done as a Cowboy, though, and as a Cowboys fan I couldn't be happier - didn't want him on the team to begin with! But, to answer the question, if Goodell doesn't outright ban him, I'd be surprised if he doesn't end up with another team (Raiders, maybe? Davis is nuts enough to risk it) but I think he's done if he gets in trouble again if he's given another chance.

No, he's not done as a Cowboy. If he plays again it will be with Dallas. Jerry Jones has already said he'd consider bringing him back should he be reinstated. Not to mention he's been one of our better players defensively this season (not saying a whole lot though, I guess).

Wade Philips thinks Pacman's done as a Cowboy. But then again it's Wade Philips, possibly the worst head coach in the NFL, so what does he know?

Wade Phillips will probably be out of a job next year anyway.

1. Which player is most responsible for the Falcons' newly founded relevancy: Matt Ryan, Roddy White, or Michael Turner?

--If I have to choose from these three, I'd call Turner. If he hadn't announced his presence with authority in Week 1, teams might still be tempted to pin their ears back and try to take Ryan's head off. He gives great support that any rookie QB needs to be thankful for.

--At the end of THIS season, middle of the pack. If he gets a few years to marinate in Jim Zorn's offense, he COULD be right on the second tier below guys like Brees, Peyton, and Romo.

--No. In fact, Al Davis will probably have him on the phone ASAP.

--Willis McGahee seems to go down to the turf crying every time he gets sneezed on. LaRon McClain and Ray Rice could make a good change-of-pace duo if Willis was moved along, which probably wouldn't be a bad thing for the Ravens. Alternatively, I wait with baited breath for Edgerrin James to officially lose his job to Tim Hightower. Not that James is dead YET, but Hightower just seems to be the truth.

5. Who's to blame for the Bengals being so terrible: Marvin Lewis, Mike Brown, or the players?

--If Mike Brown doesn't shell out to re-sign a player like Housh, that whole franchise deserves to be blown up.

6. Of the four one-loss/undefeated teams (Titans, Steelers, Giants, and Bills), who is most likely to have the biggest fall from grace?

--The Titans aren't THIS good. Playoffs? Sure. But Kerry Collins keeping this team on top of the Jags and Colts is a tall order, especially if LenDale White rediscovers the joys of the buffet table...which he seems to be doing after that pitiful game a couple of weeks ago. (Makes me happy that I was able to deal White for Wes Welker.)

7. Of the seven one-win/winless teams (Chiefs, Seahawks, Raiders, Rams, Texans, Lions, and Bengals), who is most likely to salvage their season and somehow sneak into the playoffs?

--By default, I have to say Seattle, just because Hasselbeck will hopefully get better eventually and his receivers are coming back. It's still not a division dominated by any particular team, unless the Cards find a way to show up every week.

8. Were the Patriots smart for sticking with Cassel, or should they have sought another starting QB?

--Eh, Cassel's been around for a few years, and at least knows the offense. Seriously, would Chris Simms have been any better? I don't think so.

9. Speaking of the Patriots, does the loss of Tom Brady expose Belichick as a fraud?

--Belichick got exposed as a fraud the moment anyone found them taping anything ever. But still, 3-2? It's not like they're 0-5. I won't deny that Belichick can motivate his players.

10. Has Brett Favre been better so far this season than he was last season?

--Hard to argue a 70% completion rate. That said, better? No, if he was cutting the picks in half, I'd say he was better. He's still throwing one a game just like always, so he's still just Brett.

11. Whose future looks brightest: Aaron Rodgers', JaMarcus Russell's, Joe Flacco's, or Matt Ryan's?

--Rodgers. He knows the offense, he's got talent around him. Neither of the other three can say either right now, except Ryan, who's got some solid support thus far in Atlanta. Russell will be a waste in Oakland, and Flacco will get his ass kicked for a couple of years as the Ravens try to prepare for their defensive leaders retiring.

Jake Long (OT, Miami)

Matt Ryan (QB, Atlanta)

Excluding the Falcons and Raiders, which team is benefiting the most from their pick so far this season?

--The Dolphins, mainly because these other guys? We haven't heard much from them all season. And if their teams blew ass before, they still do.

--Had to be Ronnie Brown against the Pats. He channeled Tomlinson like a motherfucker that day.

14. What player has surprised you the most in a good way, and who has surprised you the most in a bad way?

--Good? Chris Johnson. I didn't know much about him until my fantasy league drafts, and when I couldn't get Felix Jones to pair with Barber, I settled for Johnson and White. And Johnson's been a great choice so far. Bad? Guess it has to be Chad Johnson (fuck Ocho Cinco). Most of the other guys who've been disappointing can blame injuries. Chad's just not seemed to show up some weeks, and it's debatable how much of that can be blamed on Fitzpatrick.

15. What rookie RB has the most long-term potential?

--I still like Jonathan Stewart out of this class.

16. Which Browns QB (Anderson or Quinn) will get traded and where should he go?

--Anderson will go, but due to the NFL's bullshit Week 6 trade deadline, he's more likely to get cut than traded. As for where he'll go, it'll be somewhere like Oakland or Kansas City where they've been struggling to find a QB for ages.

17. Biggest disappointment so far: Browns, Seahawks, Bengals, or Texans?

--I bought into the Browns offense, but their D never looked good enough to carry them if Anderson turned into a pumpkin. So, I have to say Seattle, as their defense did look pretty good to me this season, and they've struggled badly. Once Hasselbeck comes back, hopefully the whole thing will level off a bit and the D will be able to get off the field once in a while.

18. What happens to Rex Grossman, Tarvaris Jackson, and Troy Smith now that their starting jobs with their current teams are probably lost for good?

--Jackson may get one more shot, unless Childress gets fired first. Rex has to be done in Chicago, but someone will take a run at him, just because of that arm. Troy Smith will stay in Baltimore as a backup for as long as they'll have him, I think. He seems like the kind of a backup that a team likes to have stashed just in case.

19. Are the Packers better off without Favre?

--Yes. Would a first-round draft pick have re-signed, almost certainly for a pay cut, just to sit on the bench for a few more years? They'd have had some young kid much less versed in their offense trying to replace Favre when he finally got his leg torn off, and the transition wouldn't have been near as seamless.

20. Is Kyle Orton a very good player, or is he just an efficient passer in the right place at the right time?

--Even with him repping Purdue quite well, I'm very hesitant to call Orton a "very good player." But at the same time, the word "efficient" makes me think of Trent Dilfer...the kind of guy who does little outside of "Don't fuck up." An "efficient" QB wouldn't have thrown for 270 against Tampa Bay. I have to really say NEITHER, until he plays the whole year like he's played these past few games.

21. Who gives Tampa Bay the best chance at a championship: Brian Griese or Jeff Garcia?

--Garcia can save plays with a little elusiveness, so he can mean a couple of extra wins a year, which will get a team to the playoffs. But as far as a Super Bowl? Ugh. Neither.

22. Is Mark Bulger a good QB in a bad situation, or is he overpaid and overrated?

--Bulger is the new Chris Chandler. Plays pretty well when he's healthy, but hasn't been healthy since he was in junior high. Time for him to go back somebody up somewhere.

23. Considering how well Turner has done with the Falcons and how he is a few years younger than LT, did the Chargers make a mistake in letting him go?

--Eh, what's the alternative? Letting Tomlinson go after missing most of one game? That'd be like the Lions deciding to part with Barry Sanders, and then watching him run wild on the rest of the league for six more years. For me, the only sin about letting a talented backup go is when you let him go for nothing. Make a trade, don't let some dude's contract expire. Of course, once again, the NFL's trade deadline kills any thoughts of trades during a season, so it rarely happens.

24. Which team is hurting the most due to injuries?

--Seattle. Period.

25. Who is the frontrunner for Defensive Player of the Year?

--So far, I'm supporting DeMarcus Ware. He's into the pass rush, coverage, stopping the run, all over the field.

26. Which team has benefited the most from their offseason decisions?

--Atlanta. Their new GM might just know what the hell he's doing...even if he did come from New England.

27. If you knew for a fact that a WR would end up winning the MVP award, who would it most likely be?

--Larry Fitzgerald. He stepped up huge last week without Boldin across from him. Dude has TO's skills without the TO drama.

28. What is your favorite moment of the season so far?

--The entire second half and overtime last week between the Cards and Cowboys.

29. Which team is most likely to hire Bill Cowher after this season is over?

--Eh, I can see Minnesota making a run, but I'd be very surprised if Cowher takes any of the jobs that are likely to be there.

30. Which new head coach has been more impressive: Tony Sporano or Jim Zorn?

--Zorn's offense is starting to take root, and the Skins are moving the ball pretty well. Sparano will never shake the image, in my mind, of being a Parcells Puppet.

31. Rank your top five players so far this season.

--5. Jay Cutler

4. Marion Barber

3. Larry Fitzgerald

2. Clinton Portis

1. Drew Brees

32. Finally, which teams are making it to the Superbowl and who will win?

--I can see the Giants getting back, as long as Eli keeps his shit together. For the AFC, it's still anyone's game. I'm surprised the way Pittsburgh's come through so far, but I'm a little concerned about Big Ben surviving the year. I'd be ready to go full-on homer and pick the Colts, if Addai had gotten hurt two weeks ago and Rhodes had responded with a couple of 100-yard games already. So fuck it, I'll go way out on a wobbly limb and pick a Super Bowl XXI rematch with Denver. I love Cutler with the targets he has to throw to, and any one of us can put on pads and go run for 1000 in a Shanny offense...and in fact, this is him on the phone now, gotta go. :shifty: If the defense ever tightens up, they won't have to have the pressure of winning every game 35-32.

1. Which player is most responsible for the Falcons' newly founded relevancy: Matt Ryan, Roddy White, or Michael Turner? Thomas Dimitroff, the General Manager, for putting them together. Making Mike Smith (a no-nonsense, hard-nosed defensive minded guy - something that Atlanta hasn't had in awhile/ever) and then drafting Ryan and an almost completely new offensive line and then sign Turner as well. Though for the sake of answering this question directly, I'll say Ryan because there's no way defenses are threatened by them if the likes of Joey Harrington were at QB.

2. At the end of the season, how will Jason Campbell rank among the other QBs? Better than most thought he would be. I always thought he had the potential to be a very good QB in the league, just that he's had some issues with a consistent coordinator for him to develop under. More than likely in the Top 15, possibly in the Top 10.

3. Will this be the Pacman's last season in the NFL? No. Seriously, when you get right down to it the fight isn't even that big of a deal. What's more important is that Pacman tries to get his very evident alcoholism in check. I'm sure he'll still be a Cowboy too.

4. Who is the most overrated RB so far this season? Any of the preseason Top 5 fantasy RB's this year. LT, Peterson, Addai, Westbrook and Jackson have all had bad years so far. Some of it's been due to injury but also just bad play in general.

5. Who's to blame for the Bengals being so terrible: Marvin Lewis, Mike Brown, or the players? Anybody and everybody in their organization.

6. Of the four one-loss/undefeated teams (Titans, Steelers, Giants, and Bills), who is most likely to have the biggest fall from grace? Bills; they've been good but they've had a fairly easy schedule so far.

7. Of the seven one-win/winless teams (Chiefs, Seahawks, Raiders, Rams, Texans, Lions, and Bengals), who is most likely to salvage their season and somehow sneak into the playoffs? None of them. But if I had to pick a team, it would be the Texans. They're the most talented team of that bunch. The other teams are just awful and yes that does include the Seahawks.

8. Were the Patriots smart for sticking with Cassel, or should they have sought another starting QB? N/A. They were screwed no matter what because Tom Brady's that good. Though I do believe that the lack of going out and getting anybody is a tribute to how stubborn Belicheck is.

9. Speaking of the Patriots, does the loss of Tom Brady expose Belichick as a fraud? No, like I said, he's just stubborn and thinks he's magic when he's not. He's still a good coach but teams are starting to catch up with them regardless. Even with Brady I didn't think that they would be nearly as good as they were last year anyways because that secondary is just bad.

10. Has Brett Favre been better so far this season than he was last season? Push. I don't think the Packers organization wanted him back for the last couple of years but he still played well last year. This year, he's in an organization that wants him there and while the record isn't as good, he's still having a good year.

11. Whose future looks brightest: Aaron Rodgers', JaMarcus Russell's, Joe Flacco's, or Matt Ryan's? Matt Ryan's. Though I will admit that Rodgers has played a lot better than I thought he would, he still needs to prove that he can carry the team to a victory. And Matt Ryan looks like he'll just be an awesome, awesome QB in the league for years to come. Flacco's shown some bright spots but he needs a better supporting cast to have a truly successful career. Russell's future is iffy for me. I was never enamored with the guy but he does have talent. They just need to make sure that they have some consistency with the way the offense is run otherwise he will end up like Alex Smith.

Jake Long (OT, Miami)

Matt Ryan (QB, Atlanta)

Excluding the Falcons and Raiders, which team is benefiting the most from their pick so far this season? I'd say it's a tie between New England and Miami. From what I've seen of their games, Mayo's all over the field and is really one of the bright spots on that defense this year. And Jake Long is just a beast and is proving is he was worth that first overall pick.

13. What player has had the best single-game performance to date? Brett Favre/Kurt Waner in the Arizona/NYJ game. Brett Favre's 6 TD's probably wouldn't have happened unless Warner didn't turn the ball over a lot that game. Still, Kurt Warner's performance was awesome for me just because I've disliked the guy since Day 1.

14. What player has surprised you the most in a good way, and who has surprised you the most in a bad way? Good: Michael Turner; I thought he would be a good RB this year but I didn't think he would be as good as he has been. Bad: Terrell Owens; the guy's just not making the type of plays that we're used to seeing him make.

15. What rookie RB has the most long-term potential? I said it before the season and I'll say it again, regardless of him being hurt but I think Mendenhall will end up being the best RB of this class.

16. Which Browns QB (Anderson or Quinn) will get traded and where should he go? Quinn because there were rumblings before the season even started that he wanted to be traded somewhere so that he could compete for a starting job. I wouldn't be surprised in the least bit to see him traded to Detroit or Kansas City.

17. Biggest disappointment so far: Browns, Seahawks, Bengals, or Texans? Texans because I honestly thought that they would be in the hunt in the AFC South but so far they've been playing pretty bad football. Which is a shame given how much talent and potential their players have.

18. What happens to Rex Grossman, Tarvaris Jackson, and Troy Smith now that their starting jobs with their current teams are probably lost for good? Grossman may be able to keep a job in the league as a backup, Jackson's going to continue to be the backup/guy for the future in Minnesota but it remains to be seen where or not he'll actually live up to the potential and Smith will end up on a different team and may even get a crack at a starting job on a team that's in need of a QB.

19. Are the Packers better off without Favre? Yes and no. Yes because now the organization can finally move on and find a new face of the franchise. No because I don't think that Rodgers is ready to carry a team on his back like Favre did for the better part of last season.

20. Is Kyle Orton a very good player, or is he just an efficient passer in the right place at the right time? Both. I thought that Orton would be a decent QB coming out of college and he's an efficient passer but he's not going to be a lights out, top QB in the league. But with the way that team is built he doesn't need to be as long as Forte and then their defense continue to play well.

21. Who gives Tampa Bay the best chance at a championship: Brian Griese or Jeff Garcia? Garcia but they're not going to be close to it with either of them.

22. Is Mark Bulger a good QB in a bad situation, or is he overpaid and overrated? Moreso the bad situation but I've always felt he was a bit overrated.

23. Considering how well Turner has done with the Falcons and how he is a few years younger than LT, did the Chargers make a mistake in letting him go? No. LT has been and continue to be, once his toe is healthy, one of the best RB's in league history. Turner's been good but like others have said, you can't pay Turner the money wanted and ended up getting to sit on the bench and give LT a rest every once and awhile. Plus Sproles is good and if they need power, they can use Jacob Hester.

24. Which team is hurting the most due to injuries? By most important injury it's the Patriots. By sheer amount of injuries it's either Dallas or Green Bay. Seattle's injuries on offense were bad but let's face it's only about 6 people. Both Dallas and Green Bay seem to have everybody on their team hurt in some shape or another.

25. Who is the frontrunner for Defensive Player of the Year? It's hard to tell because there a ton of great defenders out there. The 49er fan in me will say Patrick Willis all day because the guy is all over the field but I'd imagine that if he continues to play close to the level that he has so far, Courtland Finnegan will probably win it.

26. Which team has benefited the most from their offseason decisions? The Falcons, easily.

27. If you knew for a fact that a WR would end up winning the MVP award, who would it most likely be? Brandon Marshall. The guy has played one less game than the 3 guys ahead of him in the yards category and he leads the league in receptions.

29. Which team is most likely to hire Bill Cowher after this season is over? It depends on how the rest of the season turns out and what jobs are available. I'd imagine that Marinelli's gone from Detroit but I don't see him going there. I don't see him in Oakland, either. The most ideal fit for him would be Carolina but seeing as how John Fox isn't doing a bad job, it'd be hard to imagine there being an opening there. I also imagine that there will be an opening in San Francisco but that doesn't necessarily seem like a good fit for him. With that being said, it'd be interesting to see if he'd be at all interested in the likely job opening in Cincinnati.

30. Which new head coach has been more impressive: Tony Sporano or Jim Zorn? Zorn, if only because he looked absolutely horrible during the Giants game but he's shown that he's better than that game.

31. Rank your top five players so far this season.

1. Patrick Willis

2. Drew Brees

3. Michael Turner

4. Brandon Marshall

5. Roddy White

32. Finally, which teams are making it to the Superbowl and who will win? The Giants will beat Jacksonville.

Just to cut down on redundancy, I'll play devil's advocate with some of these questions.

With a few of the higher ranked QBs out this season and others underperforming, Campbell could find himself as a top 5 guy. It's certainly not likely since there is a lot of competition, but his passer rating is 96.2, 8th overall. If he can maintain those stats and translate them into big wins, he's going to at least be a top 10 guy.

If Jerry Jones wants to keep him, he'll still be around. But I can't imagine there are many teams willing to put up with him. Even considering how some owners are willing to put up with troublemakers, it's a stretch to think that a guy who is required to have a glorified babysitter with him at all times would be an easy sell for another team. The Cowboys will (or at least should) be his last shot. And he'll blow it eventually.

I'm tempted to say Ryan Grant, but that has more to do with my fantasy team than the actual game. Grant has no TDs, but he's ranked 15th overall in rushing yards, and he plays on a team that seems to prefer to throw first. He's been disappointing, but not much more than some others.

I'm more disappointed with New England's overall RB situation. For a team that needs to step up and make up for the loss of Brady, their running game has been terrible. They weren't much of a rushing team last year, but when they needed to be in the second half of the season, they ran effectively, and most people seemed confident to think of them as a team who could run well, but chose to throw. So once Brady went down, I really expected them to step their game up.

I wanted to leave some of the questions up to interpretation, but I really should have said who is most to blame. And I think that is clearly Mike Brown. He rarely makes big moves in the offseason, and when he does, a lot of those deals fall through because he's so cheap (Warren Sapp and Shaun Rogers comes to mind). He won't hire a GM. He rides out coach's contracts when he should let them go. Everyone shares the blame, but Mike Brown is their biggest problem.

Jake Long (OT, Miami)

Matt Ryan (QB, Atlanta)

Keith Rivers is tied for 34th in tackles, and he's contributed to the Bengals' improved defense (they're 16th overall now; they finished last season 27th). It might seem like a stretch, but he's had significant immediate impact.

Brett Favre. It's hard to argue with 6 TDs in one game.

15. What rookie RB has the most long-term potential?

Even though Darren McFadden may be the "right" answer, Felix Jones is my pick. He has a knack for making big plays. Things would be different if he was the starting RB, and as the season progresses, teams will be more prepared for him, but he still shows a ton of potential.

16. Which Browns QB (Anderson or Quinn) will get traded and where should he go?

Whether he's released or traded, Anderson is my guess for who will be on his way out. And even though he's looked miserable for several games, he still has value. It's inarguable that he has the ability to have huge games, and considering how young he is, there are more than a few teams who would want him on their team. I would personally like to see him at Minnesota.

19. Are the Packers better off without Favre?

I think so. Rodgers wasn't going to stick around forever, and it was getting increasingly more difficult for the team to have proper momentum and planning season-to-season with the annual will-he-won't-he nonsense that Favre would put them through. I like Favre, but his upside was too small considering the drama he caused every offseason and how much Rodgers was developing.

23. Considering how well Turner has done with the Falcons and how he is a few years younger than LT, did the Chargers make a mistake in letting him go?

I'm definitely playing devil's advocate here, but Turner is younger and healthier, and maybe just as capable. You could argue that he was untested, but they saw him practice quite a bit, and they should have put him out there during the games more often to see what they had. On paper, LT's the best and trading him would have been perplexing, but if Turner could produce at least as much as LT and you could get some nice high draft picks, you'd be a better team in the longrun.

24. Which team is hurting the most due to injuries?

Probably the Seahawks, but the loss of major players on the Jags' offensive line has forced them to completely change their strategy that they worked on all offseason. I'm really biased with this one though since I thought the Jags would make it to the Superbowl. Now I just think they'll be lucky to get into the playoffs.

27. If you knew for a fact that a WR would end up winning the MVP award, who would it most likely be?

Greg Jennings has almost 100 yards more than the second ranked guy (Roddy White), and he's tied for second in TDs (4). As long as he can keep it up, he's going to be the WR to have the most impact.

Ronnie Brown throwing a TD pass. That one play really opened up the possibilities for this team.

29. Which team is most likely to hire Bill Cowher after this season is over?

A friend of mine is convinced it will be Cleveland since he just bought a home in the area, but that seems really unlikely to me. I wouldn't be shocked to see him go to Minnesota though.

32. Finally, which teams are making it to the Superbowl and who will win?

The Giants and Colts. Giants will win.

Yah, but Wade Phillips has been a bad head coach longer than any of them. I still shudder thinking of his tenure in Denver and those weird-ass pants he use to wear.

So he's the worst coach in the league because he had a bad stint with a team a while back? Does the 13-3 record with Dallas last season not count for anything? I'm not saying he's the best and sure a significant part of last season's success for Dallas was Jason Garrett but he's helped the defense a lot, especially that front seven that was only okay a couple of seasons back.

24. Which team is hurting the most due to injuries? By most important injury it's the Patriots. By sheer amount of injuries it's either Dallas or Green Bay. Seattle's injuries on offense were bad but let's face it's only about 6 people. Both Dallas and Green Bay seem to have everybody on their team hurt in some shape or another.

While it's only 6 people who are missing, it's a huge chunk of the receiving corps, and some bad ones at Quarterback and the O-Line. While I agree that the Patriots perhaps have the most important injury, and the Jags have a lot as well, I think Seattle would be up there in the top 3 for sure. Branch and Engram were our #1 and #2 receivers, though Branch and Burleson switched, but we lost our 3rd, 4th, and 5th receiver on the depth chart for the entire season. Our backup QB hasn't played for over a month, our 3rd string isn't totally great, and we lost some people at our right offensive line that's caused it to switch around. We were also missing some key players at Defensive line because of suspensions. Also we are missing Rob Sims and Chris Gray, one who had potential and one who knew the offense inside and out.

I don't disagree with your post, just wanted to clarify how important those injuries, especially to our receiving corps, is hurting our season. With Hasselbeck out now, I only hope Charlie Frye can play like he did when he won in the pre-season, and not like he did last week.

Yah, but Wade Phillips has been a bad head coach longer than any of them. I still shudder thinking of his tenure in Denver and those weird-ass pants he use to wear.

So he's the worst coach in the league because he had a bad stint with a team a while back? Does the 13-3 record with Dallas last season not count for anything? I'm not saying he's the best and sure a significant part of last season's success for Dallas was Jason Garrett but he's helped the defense a lot, especially that front seven that was only okay a couple of seasons back.

Ok, I thought the last part of my comment got over the point I was being sarcastic. Regardless of anything (talent, owner, coaching staff) leading a team to a 13-3 record in the NFL does not make you "League's Worst Coach".

While it's only 6 people who are missing, it's a huge chunk of the receiving corps, and some bad ones at Quarterback and the O-Line. While I agree that the Patriots perhaps have the most important injury, and the Jags have a lot as well, I think Seattle would be up there in the top 3 for sure. Branch and Engram were our #1 and #2 receivers, though Branch and Burleson switched, but we lost our 3rd, 4th, and 5th receiver on the depth chart for the entire season. Our backup QB hasn't played for over a month, our 3rd string isn't totally great, and we lost some people at our right offensive line that's caused it to switch around. We were also missing some key players at Defensive line because of suspensions. Also we are missing Rob Sims and Chris Gray, one who had potential and one who knew the offense inside and out.

I don't disagree with your post, just wanted to clarify how important those injuries, especially to our receiving corps, is hurting our season. With Hasselbeck out now, I only hope Charlie Frye can play like he did when he won in the pre-season, and not like he did last week.

I probably should've qualified my post about it a bit more. Coming into the season I didn't buy the Seahawks as the team to beat in the division anyways and I really thought that they would be a lot worse than people had predicted them to be before the season started so the fact that they've been bad so far this year doesn't surprise me, injuries or not. And let's face facts, Branch has not panned out in the least since he became a Seahawk so his loss was really a wash. I will admit that before he got hurt that Burleson was looking like an actual threat for once (not including special teams).

I dunno, it might also be my 49er fan coming out in me that expected them to suck this year.

And I believe I heard that Wallace was going to be playing this week, so that may help you out a bit.

Here's an interesting article I read over at CHFF. It's a good read.

It occurred to us that we crank out more nuggets of truth in a week than most sites crank out, well, ever.

But that truth is often buried in a compendium of stories and features, the meaty facts cocooned within a tasty prosaic crust as if they were corndogs. Mmmm … corndogs.

So each week, we’re going to pull out a compendium of our Top 10 facts from the past week so that you’re armed with the truth heading into the weekend blitz of football. Simply print this page each week, and you’ll be the fact-filled star of the water cooler conversation or drunken tailgate chatter.

ONE

Noodle-armed Miami parabola-tosser Chad Pennington holds the career completion percentage record (65.81 percent) and is 8th all time in career passer rating (89.55). The Dolphins have risen from 31st in Passing Yards per Attempt last year to 6th this year with Pennington.

TWO

The Giants average 6.08 yards per rush attempt, which would shatter the existing team record of 5.74 yards per rush attempt set by the 1963 Browns and by Jim Brown, who rushed for a then-record 1,863 yards that year.

THREE

The Cowfrauds are 4-0 against teams .500 or worse and 0-2 against Quality Teams (teams that currently have a winning record).

FOUR

Tampa Bay boasts the NFL’s greatest scoring differential against Quality Teams, outpacing their three opponents with winning records by 12.0 PPG.

FIVE

Former Atlanta quarterback Michael Vick produced just two 300-yards games in his six-year career. Current Atlanta quarterback Matt Ryan already has his first 300-yard performance in just his sixth NFL game.

SIX

The Colts have won 13 consecutive games in October. With a win at Green Bay Sunday, they’ll tie a modern record for most consecutive October victories.

SEVEN

Jacksonville has played five of its six games against Quality Teams. Their AFC South rivals Indy and Tennessee join Pittsburgh as the only three teams in the NFL yet to face a team with a winning record.

EIGHT

The Vikings are 3-1 this year in games started by Gus Frerotte, losing only to undefeated and No. 1-ranked Tennessee.

NINE

New Orleans QB Drew Brees is on pace to pass for 5,314 yards, which would obliterate Dan Marino's single-season record of 5,084 yards.

TEN

This week’s Denver-New England showdown in Foxboro is the 600th game in the history of Monday Night Football.