NFL 2008

Cactus Drags

So is it cool if I wish for a freak chainsaw injury that would render you inable to operate a keyboard?

Oh, and I don't get how fantasy football tiebreakers work. I made the wildcard, somehow - I figured I'd drop right out after leaving like 50 points on my bench and losing the division (to my dad, of all people). It's really hard not to overthink stuff in the playoffs <_< I really wish I'd put Antonio Bryant in over Cotchery, I'd have decimated my dad and taken the division on the back of a 5 game win-streak. Instead I have to limp into the playoffs and likely get blown out by the top seed.

Edited by Dragsy

Way to add to the thread and poke fun at the fact a player's career might be over due to a neck injury. Real classy.

It's another blow to Dallas but I'm hoping it's not career-ending, you never want a player to have their career shortened like that. It's quite surprising too, seemed like just a bit of a stinger during the game, nothing like this.

Blow it right out your fucking ass.

There's a thing in this world called Karma and it just punched him right in the face. He was lucky as all hell to have been let back in the league in the first place and he went right back out and acted like a freakin jackass. Some people get what they deserve. He's not in the hospital fixing to die or anything. You're just pissed because Pacman was a total wash for you this year, kinda like I alluded to a while ago.

Yeah, when I read that Pacman was done for the year I chuckled a little. But hey, when you're the kind person he is that's the kind of reactions you get. I can promise you I'm not the only person in the world that feels this way.

Overreact much? :rolleyes:

You need to take a serious chill pill man and stop acting like every little dig made at you is the end of the world. Besides, he was right on about half of that, you added absolutely nothing to the thread with that comment anyways.

While he's had his issues in the past and still is by no means a role model of any kind, that doesn't make it right that the guy is hurt. Career threatening it may not be but he for sure will have problems with it later on in life.

Does he deserve to be punished for what he's done? Absolutely but whether it ends his career or not, he'll have issues with it at some point or another. Doesn't give you an excuse to act like an immature jackass.

The funny thing is, during the Steelers/Cowboys game before the kickoff that was muffed and subsequently recovered by the Steel...er...Cowboys. Various members of the Steelers kickoff coverage unit could be heard yelling "We're gonna get you Pacman!" and "We're gonna hurt you!"

And well...looks like they did.

The funny thing is, during the Steelers/Cowboys game before the kickoff that was muffed and subsequently recovered by the Steel...er...Cowboys. Various members of the Steelers kickoff coverage unit could be heard yelling "We're gonna get you Pacman!" and "We're gonna hurt you!"

I think this Sunday someone gets decapitated by the way. Not sure on which team, but Flacco better not try running with the ball. I don't think anybody goes out to unleash punishment more than the Steelers than Ravens, teams always come out of playing both of us with more injuries than usual. And when we get together, stuff like Mendenhall happens.

EDIT - And on a similar note: Link

Edited by damshow

It's an inferiority complex. We're associated with people who wear purple camo, they're associated with that super-gay steel mill from the Simpsons.

Also, I find myself somewhat shocked that HTTK is allowed to sit here and flamebait until his eyes fall out. No, I stand correct, that's not shock. That's dull unsurprise.

Edited by Gus B. Griswald

Way to add to the thread and poke fun at the fact a player's career might be over due to a neck injury. Real classy.

It's another blow to Dallas but I'm hoping it's not career-ending, you never want a player to have their career shortened like that. It's quite surprising too, seemed like just a bit of a stinger during the game, nothing like this.

Blow it right out your fucking ass.

There's a thing in this world called Karma and it just punched him right in the face. He was lucky as all hell to have been let back in the league in the first place and he went right back out and acted like a freakin jackass. Some people get what they deserve. He's not in the hospital fixing to die or anything. You're just pissed because Pacman was a total wash for you this year, kinda like I alluded to a while ago.

Yeah, when I read that Pacman was done for the year I chuckled a little. But hey, when you're the kind person he is that's the kind of reactions you get. I can promise you I'm not the only person in the world that feels this way.

Oh, and before you try to get all self rightous and crap the sources coming out of the Cowboys (and Phillips) have said "Our people don't think it's career-threatening or anything else that he would have to be operated [on] or anything like that, but it is something that might put him out this year."

and from NFL.com

IRVING, Texas -- Dallas Cowboys cornerback Adam Jones might miss the rest of the season after injuring his neck against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Cowboys coach Wade Phillips said Wednesday that Jones will miss Sunday's game against the New York Giants because of a herniated disk. Phillips said a second disk might be damaged, but team doctors don't consider the injury career-threatening.

You're a truly horrible person if you think that someone's career DESERVES to be ended several years in advance due to injury. He's had suspensions before as punishment for what he's done and anything else and he's banned for life, those are his punishments. Nobody in the NFL deserves to have a career-ending injury you sick bastard.

And well done for quoting articles that have come out after I had posted regarding the first reports that it could be career-ending. I would have done but they weren't around when I posted my initial response.

It's an inferiority complex. We're associated with people who wear purple camo, they're associated with that super-gay steel mill from the Simpsons.

Also, I find myself somewhat shocked that HTTK is allowed to sit here and flamebait until his eyes fall out. No, I stand correct, that's not shock. That's dull unsurprise.

HTTK's been dealt with, no need to get yourself involved now either :pervert:

There's few Baltimore traditions greater than wearing purple camo when playing paintball. Or if you're really extreme, when you're hunting.

As the preseason Super Bowl favorites struggle in the final month of the season to simply make the playoffs, wide receiver Terrell Owens has expressed resentment toward Tony Romo, apparently jealous of the quarterback's relationship with tight end Jason Witten.

Owens feels that Romo and Witten -- close friends and road roommates who came to Dallas in the same offseason -- hold private meetings in which they create plays the two will use in upcoming games without including Owens in the conversations, according to a source who speaks regularly with Owens' teammates. Owens believes these discussions have worked to his detriment as Romo seeks to deliver the ball to Witten regardless of whether Owens is open.

Apparently Team Obliterator (credit: Skip Bayless) believes that giving blame is much greater than receiving it. I guess he's learned well from Bill Parcells & Jerry Jones out there in Little D :shifty:

I don't know, this whole story and at least the way ESPN has presented it, sounds completely fabricated to me.

It just sounds like a bad soap opera script or something. Maybe a rejected Playmakers script? Maybe that's why ESPN got rid of Playmakers, so they could just play the ideas out themselves...:shifty:

Edited by Livid

I think this Sunday someone gets decapitated by the way. Not sure on which team, but Flacco better not try running with the ball. I don't think anybody goes out to unleash punishment more than the Steelers than Ravens, teams always come out of playing both of us with more injuries than usual. And when we get together, stuff like Mendenhall happens.

EDIT - And on a similar note: Link

Yeah, it's a great rivalry. It's the one game a year (at Baltimore) that I'm more pessimistic than optimistic about the Steelers chances. On paper, it's a game the Steelers SHOULD win. Baltimore has a beat up O-Line, their CBs can't hang with the Steelers WRs, and Baltimore will likely be without McGahee and Rice.

That said though, the Steelers can't run the ball and they haven't won in forever in Baltimore. Although Roethlisberger's only started 1 game in Baltimore in his career so maybe that turns things around this time.

Either way it's going to be good. One team will go out there with bad intentions (Ravens) and the other team won't let themselves be pushed around (Steelers).

My brain says the Steelers should win, my heart says I'm not so sure. I hate this feeling.

I like how you portray the Steelers as saints and the Ravens as nasty and evil. They're both going in with the same mentality defensively, beat the crap out of the opposing offense, there's no good or bad just two teams in a heated division rivalry looking to kick some ass, which should make for a very good battle.

I like how you portray the Steelers as saints and the Ravens as nasty and evil. They're both going in with the same mentality defensively, beat the crap out of the opposing offense, there's no good or bad just two teams in a heated division rivalry looking to kick some ass, which should make for a very good battle.

To be fair, no one on the Steelers has ever used the word "murder" to describe what they want to do to an opposing player.

That's where my statement comes from.

Yes, a classy bunch.

Yes, a classy bunch.

Haha. I think telling someone you're going to hurt them is a lot different than saying "I'm going to murder you." And subsequently putting out a bounty on a guy to attempt to injure him.

And tryng to play off the Steelers as somehow being more saintly than the Ravens is ridiculous considering you posted that not more than a day ago.

And tryng to play off the Steelers as somehow being more saintly than the Ravens is ridiculous considering you posted that not more than a day ago.

And though that may be true, I'll bite...

Just because the Steelers were talking trash on the field doesn't mean they went out with the intent to injure Pacman. And yes you could say that that Bart Scott wasn't really going to attempt to murder Hines Ward, but when the Ravens get all up in arms about fictional text messages that Rashard Mendenhall sends to his friends and then say they're going to hurt him and do...well then, you get my point?

I have no problem with teams playing physical as long as the shots are legal. There may be only 1-2 cheap shot artists on the Ravens. As long as they don't go out of their way to intentionally hurt someone I have no problem with it. They weren't trying to hurt Mendenhall, he just took a freak shot to the shoulder. But the Ravens have always had the reputation of being thugs and their words off the field continue to perpetuate that.

The Steelers aren't exactly bastions of clean play. They ruined Carson Palmer's career with a dirty hit. Hines Ward broke a guy's jaw with a helmet and your guys almost always pile on runners in the trenches. The Steelers and Ravens are easily the two dirtiest teams in the league.

The Steelers aren't exactly bastions of clean play. They ruined Carson Palmer's career with a dirty hit.

:rolleyes: Yeah, Kimo Von Oelhoffen's such a dirty player. Seriously that's so played out. It was an accident, Carson said it himself that he didn't think it was dirty. And Palmer's not exactly a guy who won't complain about something when he feels slighted.

If it was a dirty hit, then why was Kimo so upset after it happened? Was he acting?

Hines Ward broke a guy's jaw with a helmet

The Hines hit was clean. No fine.

and your guys almost always pile on runners in the trenches.

Really? I've never heard/seen that accusation before.

The Steelers and Ravens are easily the two dirtiest teams in the league.

Funny that neither of the league's two dirtiest players (Wilfork and Rodney Harrison) play on the "dirtiest teams."

EDIT: I'll go as far as to say that I don't even think the Ravens as a whole are a "dirty" team. Bart Scott will take liberties and so will Terrell Suggs but for the most part they just play hard every play.

Edited by Evil Chase K