NFL 2008

Cactus Drags

I think I'm at the point where I don't care who wins.....as long as said team does not represent the trash that is the city of Philadelphia.

I was gonna be angry 'til I saw where you're from.. a guy from New Jersey calling Philadelphia trash? Ha.

I think I'm at the point where I don't care who wins.....as long as said team does not represent the trash that is the city of Philadelphia.

I was gonna be angry 'til I saw where you're from.. a guy from New Jersey calling Philadelphia trash? Ha.

You talk as though I love Jersey. I am not from here.

P.S Did I mention Philly Sucks?

Lions new coach is Jim Schwartz. (Y)

I just read that, and well I'd like to be excited but it's the Lions. I know that I like his track record, and I know that he can't be any worse than Mornigwheg, Marriucci, or Marinelli. Oh and his last name doesn't start with the letter M like the last three coaches, or Millen or Mayhew. Thank god.

Just for the love of god, use the #1 pick for an offensive lineman and go all defense throughout. If he is a good judge of talent in the draft we might actually have a guy that can get us to 5-11.

And Chucky got fired from Tampa Bay. I'm watching Clayton report it right now (6:15 est time).

Holy crap. That's a bit surprising. Yeah there was a collapse this year but does he have a QB that's been in a game that isn't over 56yrs old ? Meh, there's plenty that goes into this decision but I seriously didn't see it coming right now.

Gruden has been fired, sounds like Jason Garrett is about to become the new Rams HC.

Honestly I haven't seen Gruden even make it to the NFC Championship. I mean the guy was like 45-51 so I mean he had one double digit win season after he won the SB with Dungy's players. I've always felt the guy was way overhyped.

Edited by Stennick

Why talk shit about Philly? :wacko:

Your posts really haven't added anything to the topic other then to state that you don't like Philadelphia and you're bitter the giants got knocked out of the playoffs. So shut the fuck up.

So glad to see this one come. I was calling Gruden to get the can after they flopped the Oakland game. Fitting too, that Oakland is the team that ensured he would get shitcanned.

Gruden did nothing in Tampa. He won a Superbowl with Dungy's players, and has done nothing since. He's kept with those core players for almost the entire way, and hasn't upgraded throughout. Where have his standout draft or free agent signings been? Gaines Adams has a chance; Cadillac is proving himself a bust by his inability to stay healthy. Davin Joseph is a solid guard and Barrett Rudd is a hard worker. But really, I just don't see what Gruden has brought to the Bucs during his stint to improve the team.

Why talk shit about Philly? :wacko:

Your posts really haven't added anything to the topic other then to state that you don't like Philadelphia and you're bitter the giants got knocked out of the playoffs. So shut the fuck up.

Yes because that post there added quite a lot to this thread. I have been here all through out the playoffs....and no I am not a Giants fan.

Gruden can coach my team anytime he wants. Still think he's a good coach. There will be a huge outcry here to get him to the Jets now that they've screwed up this off season about as bad as they possibly could have.

Even if Gruden did get them a ring in the six years since then he's been below 500, he hasn't had a solid draft stand out, he hasn't had much playoff success even in the years he did put together a winning record. I'm not saying he's the worst coach ever and I'm sure he'll land somewhere although with the Jets and Oakland being the only open spots aside from maybe KC he's got a late head start. Although I will say this, he did seem to deal with Davis rather well when he was with them.

Honestly, it may be even more impressive to win a title with "someone else's players," since there's often an adjustment period with new coaching/management. Being able to handle that adjustment AND win a championship at the same time is a hell of a feat.

But, I will say this: for a guy who made his name as some kind of QB guru, Chucky had a shitty time finding one who could really play for him. It always seemed like the Bucs were trying for that "out of nowhere" guy that could restore Gruden's genius cred, and neither Simms, Gradkowski, or Josh Johnson was that guy. Not sure how "out of nowhere" Chris Simms was, but still. He pissed off Rich McKay, who was just as much responsible for building the Super Bowl team as Dungy ever was, and we see what McKay's still doing with helping Atlanta come back this year.

I'm not real sure I'd hire him as a head coach, maybe as an OC again, and let him try to prove he can still run an offense...and not piss off any important people in the process.

Honestly, it may be even more impressive to win a title with "someone else's players," since there's often an adjustment period with new coaching/management. Being able to handle that adjustment AND win a championship at the same time is a hell of a feat.

Barry Switzer is another example of a guy who won with someone else's players and did nothing afterwards. I get your point but it doesn't take a great coach to win with a great team. For example, I think I could have coached the Jordan Bulls to an NBA title or done the same with Shaq & Kobe in LA.