NFL 2008

Cactus Drags

In terms of when it happened and the the score swing of when it happened (possible 14-10 to being down 7-17), I can't recall a Super Bowl play being such a big momentum changed ever.

Go and watch last years SuperBowl. Twice.

Then come back and tell me that the amazing escape/pass combo between Manning and Tyree didn't change momentum.

I dunno, that was big and all but this just felt that bit more important. Cardinals were really growing in confidence and had a chance of going into the half up by 4 and straight on the offense in the third quater. Not to mention he just ran 100 fucking yards, that must do a whole lot for the team. That just felt like one of the biggest and most important moments I've seen.

The Giants won the game because of that catch. If Eli gets sacked, the Pats go 19-0, Brady joins Montana with 4 rings and wins his 3rd SB MVP. The only play that's comparable to "Catch 42" is Scott Norwood missing the GW kick against the Giants in SB XXV. If he hits that, the Bills don't become a running joke.

Where the hell was Born in the USA?

Clearly he had the feelings of the international viewers in mind. Kudos, Mr Springsteen.

I'm an international viewer. My mind wanted Born in the USA.

Touche.

As I'm not a regular NFL follower, I'm not wholly confident in saying this, but is there any team better than the Steelers at closing out a football game?

Additionally, Crazy Train playing in the background: :D Yay.

Fucking-- a free grande slam?!

Fucking Denny's, now I'm gonna have to go out of my way to get breakfast that day.

There is the highlight of the night for Slogger. Aussie punts. :P
He's punted a few times today, First Aussie ever in the SB, I'm happy.

If the Cards don't intercept it here for a TD, It's over.

Edited by Superbowl Slogger