NFL 2008

Cactus Drags

But God love him, Ben clutched up on that last drive. Might be the first time I remember seeing two feet down in the endzone being good enough for a score when the ball's outside the goal line, though. That catch was ungodly close.

Great fucking game.

Looked to me like the ball touched the line. Which is all it has to do, it doesn't have to cross it completely.

I don't know, the call could've gone either way. Obviously I'm pleased with the decision they made. Sorta made up for some shit calls earlier in the game.

But God love him, Ben clutched up on that last drive. Might be the first time I remember seeing two feet down in the endzone being good enough for a score when the ball's outside the goal line, though. That catch was ungodly close.

Great fucking game.

Looked to me like the ball touched the line. Which is all it has to do, it doesn't have to cross it completely.

Shocking. Yet again the defense pitched a fantastic game and got screwed by yet another phenomenally bad call, and this more than on par with Hochuli's choke job in the Broncos/Bolts game because this might actually mean a damn thing.

Great fucking game.

Shocking. Yet again the defense pitched a fantastic game and got screwed by yet another phenomenally bad call, and this more than on par with Hochuli's choke job in the Broncos/Bolts game because this might actually mean a damn thing.

To be fair, even if that's not a TD there's no guarantee the Ravens win anyway. But you know, that entire game came down to one call right?

Maybe you should be more upset that the Steelers drove 92 yards for the game winning TD against the #2 red zone defense in the NFL?

Just sayin'.

Edited by Evil Chase K

Terrible way to end a great game. That 3rd and 1 earlier in the game was suspect as well, but you don't decide a game when there's no solid evidence to make that call. My friend's a Steelers fan and he said before the review was done "We have to go for it." He felt there was no way it was a TD, the footage was never good enough. You can't see if he established possession when it was over the plane or not.

It sucks that we let their offense drive that far down the field, but the game should have not ended that way. They probably would've scored on 4th & Inch anyway. Still, we'll never know.

Plaxico Burress deserves to get shot in his other leg because he ruined this team's potential at repeating. I can't believe him going out clubbing is going to cost us the season in the first weekend we play in the playoffs.

:rolleyes:

Huge win, terrified about Baltimore's D next week

Dallas' D is good enough to shut the Ravens offense down. 14 points should win it for the Cowboys.

Yeah, but that didn't happen. It was too vague to overturn, no justification, especially in a game of such magnitude. His feet left the ground when it was still in the vague area. Trust me, most everyone I've talked to (Typically Eagles and Giants fans, but that means nothing of course) have agreed that it was too vague. As everyone who gets paid to talk about the NFL has said, it wasn't conclusive.

Edited by damshow

Yeah, but that didn't happen. It was too vague to overturn, no justification, especially in a game of such magnitude. His feet left the ground when it was still in the vague area. Trust me, most everyone I've talked to (Typically Eagles and Giants fans, but that means nothing of course) have agreed that it was too vague. As everyone who gets paid to talk about the NFL has said, it wasn't conclusive.

Agree to disagree then. The ball clearly crossed the goal line. Even dense as fuck Phil Simms could see that.

Where the ball was is in relation to the goal line is not the issue. Holmes had established position in the end zone. Therefore, as soon as he posseses the ball, it is in the end zone as well, as long as he has both feet down. No different than if a QB rolls to the sideline and fires a pass 2-3' out of bounds and his receiver snags it with both feet in the end zone. The ball never crossed the plane, but it is a touchdown. That's why the ref said it was overruled because the receiver possessed the ball with two feet down, not that the ball had broken the plane of the end zone.

I think for the most part we see all the angles that the officials see so I was surprised that he thought there was enough there to overturn the call.

Big win for Dallas last night, brilliant defense and the offense managed to put enough points on the board to get the win. This is the kind of defensive play that will take us to the playoffs, we just need to hope the offense doesn't throw it away with an untimely turnover.

The call was tough, but the Ravens had other chances to win. Flacco just didn't make enough plays, where as Big Ben made the plays when he had too... who ya know probably should be getting WAY more MVP love then he is getting at the moment. :crying: I can't believe the NFL is going to give the MVP award to the man who leads the league in interceptions. Bonkers.

The call was tough, but the Ravens had other chances to win. Flacco just didn't make enough plays, where as Big Ben made the plays when he had too... who ya know probably should be getting WAY more MVP love then he is getting at the moment. :crying: I can't believe the NFL is going to give the MVP award to the man who leads the league in interceptions. Bonkers.

Brees? You actually think he'll win MVP?

If so, that's sad. I don't subscribe to the "Best Player In The League = MVP" theory. I prefer that it is given to the Most Valuable Player to his team. Someone who's impact and play makes his team something it wouldn't be without him.

Would the Saints be 7-7 without Brees? No. But it's not like his play is carrying them to the playoffs or anything either. And his offense is stacked. If they had a defense and some better playcalling they'd easily be a Super Bowl contender. I don't buy Brees as MVP.

Would the Saints be 7-7 without Brees? No. But it's not like his play is carrying them to the playoffs or anything either. And his offense is stacked. If they had a defense and some better playcalling they'd easily be a Super Bowl contender. I don't buy Brees as MVP.

Explain this please.

Reggie Bush, Marques Colston, Jeremy Shockey and the emerging talents of Pierre Thomas and Lance Moore. Obviously they haven't been healthy all season long, though, Brees has had to go without the first three in quite a few games so I wouldn't agree with it being 'stacked' as such. Actually if anything Brees' numbers have probably gone down since he got his big playmakers back :P

The MVP should come from a playoff team, probably one of the division winners. If a team is truly horrible and a player gets them to 8-8 or whatever by himself then that's noteworthy but I don't see that situation anywhere in the league at the moment.

Edited by AD

This too, we didn't do what we needed to in order to avoid being in that position. Still leaves a bad taste in your mouth though to have the game determined on such shoddy evidence.

I'm going to say Ben deserves some props for MVP, but he's been so Favre-ian in that he plays like shit for 50 minutes and then does enough to finally get the difference-making TD. That's clutch, but I'm personally not a fan of calling that MVP. My league MVP is actually Michael Turner or DeAngelo Williams. I don't think even with Ryan the Falcons would be better than 4-10 without Turner, and Williams has just been getting better as his team has been looking more and more dangerous. Coincidence? Maybe, but it still warrants MVP discussion.

Roethlisberger's in the discussion, but I don't think it goes much further than that. He has 12 INTs, which isn't that bad when you consider that 11 other QBs have the same amount or more. However, only four out of the 11 have less TDs (Flacco, Delhomme, Bulger, and Frerotte). They are also the only four players of the 11 to have less attempts. Every other QB of the 11 has more attempts and more TDs, and around the same amount of INTs (although, to be fair, Cutler, Frerotte, Brees, and Favre has 15, 15, 16, and 17, respectively, which is quite a bit more).

(The other 11, if you are curious, are Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, and Kurt Warner)

That's just pure stats though, but like damshow said, Roethlisberger is good in clutch situations, but he hasn't been an overall great player like others have. If you're a Steelers fan, you love having him on your team because you can count on him in when things get tough, but MVP? Come on. He's not even the MVP of his own team. I'd give that to Harrison, who is the best player in the best defense in the league. And their defense is by far the biggest reason they're going to the playoffs when you consider the INTs (12) and sacks (41--which is over 30 more than Brees and Cutler) the offense has given up.

Roethlisberger deserves credit for being able to overcome his and his offense's deficiencies in clutch situations, but he's not the MVP.

Great fucking game.

To be fair, even if that's not a TD there's no guarantee the Ravens win anyway. But you know, that entire game came down to one call right?

If that call hadn't been made, then the game rests on what Tomlin did next. It might not quite have come down to that, but it was damn close and to say otherwise solidifies your already cast-iron reputation for being a stupid, stupid homer.