Big Bang Theory

Benji

I grew to hate this show.

At one point I did watch the pilot. The main plot was Sheldon and Leonard considering selling their sperm.

Bazinga indeed.

This is a show that I'm only aware of through seeing 10 minute bursts at my in laws house, and as far as I can tell if it didn't have the laughter track so they knew which bits were the jokes they wouldn't know which bits were the jokes. It feels a bit like Silicon Valley in theme, but with this tweak: 

1057056.jpg?b64lines=IEknbSBub3QgYSBuZXJ

• Like 1

I will say the spin off Young Sheldon is a good show... would be even better if Sheldon wasn't involved in it, it removed the whole laughter track BS and just playes it as a comedy drama.

I kinda hate watched most of BBT, it got repeated so often I just thought sod it and watched the lot, my biggest gripe is how they completly rewrite characters from one season to the next, if you watch Sheldon in the first series and then him anywhere after that you can tell they just hyper focused on the qwerks up to 11, and the weird thing is they do the opposite with the other characters, they were hyper focused on one thing that they had to kill to get any development out of them.

Yeah, Young Sheldon is fascinating to me because it airs after Dynamite and I always find the snippets of that that I've seen to be way better than the snippets of Big Bang Theory I see before Dynamite. Like, it's pretty much a punchline for desperate spinoffs and yet it seems like it's way better-made.

The main fascinating with BBT airing before Dynamite is I usually get to be shocked to see who all turned up on that show. Sometimes it's people who make a lot of sense (Star Trek alums), sometimes it's Walton Goggins of all people.