Sound-a-likes

YI

Enter Sandman's riff is a ripoff of some other song, but I forgot what it was.

...which reminds me of Kid Rock ripping off Sad But True.

I have the video of them performing the song together on Leno.

One of MIKA's songs on Life in Cartoon Motion has the same entrance virtually as Laura by Scissor Sisters >_>

I thought they WERE the same act :shifty: .

I guess nearly any Operator song (only got 4, but especially "Soulcrusher") is the same as Soundgarden/Soundgarden-era Chris Cornell. Except without the geniousness of early Cornell.

Not only the same band, but the same ALBUM:

Dragonforce - Prepare For War

Dragonforce - Fury Of The Storm

The start is EXACTLY the fucking same :P Gets annoying in "guess the intro" games :P

Also, Edguy. I've always thought the main riff of The Unbeliever was just a sped up version of The Headless Game riff (hey. they're also on the same album ¬_¬). But my ears suck. What I DO know, is that the Unbeliever riff is fucking awesome.

I'm sure I've heard the main riff of Mr. Evil by Freedom Call somewhere else too...

Oooh, almost forgot: The Our Lady Peace song that was Benoit's entrance theme is clearly ripped off Helloween's The Time Of The Oath. Note for fucking note :P

Edited by Farmer Reil

The Cramps are guilty as shit of this, they borrowed liberally from old blues and rockabilly acts such as Dale Hawkins, Link Wray, The Rumblers, The Riptides, and others. It's all on a compilation titled "Songs the Cramps Taught Us" with the originals that the Cramps borrowed from or flat out covered. A lot of their catalog were actually modified covers of the original.

Speaking of Pere Ubu, they much like the Dead Boys, borrowed from Rocket from the Tombs. Both Pere Ubu and the Dead Boys came from the ashes of Rocket From The Tombs, and used many of the same chord progressions and riffs used in the prior band. For example, the Dead Boys song "Caught With the Meat in Your Mouth" is really Rocket From the Tomb's "I'm Never Gonna Kill Myself Again" with different lyrics.

There is also Red Cross song "Cover Band" which is musically identical to the Circle Jerks "Live Fast, Die Young", but with a sardonic change in the lyrics.

Edited by VerbalPuke