Formula One 2008

Katsuya

Ha, it's like Martin Brundle said, he'll give racing drivers a bad name with that attitude!!

Obviously, I'm joking to. <_<

Vettel has a very bright future ahead of him. Anyone have any idea how long he's contracted to Red Bull for? I can't see him staying beyond his deal that starts next season, one of the tops teams will have him if he's still on the boil, which he should be. He's got real talent, and I can see some interesting battles between him, Hamilton, Kubica, Kova, Massa and the like over championships in coming years. Vettel has the more competitive Red Bull next year though, and I can DEFINITELY see some more wins coming.

Fixed (Y)

I thought the entire race was fascinating as you really weren't sure who was gonna finsih where ad had the conditions changed Hamilton would have been upfront more, but either way keeps the championship interesting. The best thing I can say about Vettel is that you didn't see too much of him through out the race, he was so calm and great we had to watch the rest of the race for the excitement, fantastic drive!

Cannot now wait until the night race in Singapore with early weather reports giving a 60% chance of rain, brilliant!

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha, it's like Martin Brundle said, he'll give racing drivers a bad name with that attitude!!

Obviously, I'm joking to. <_<

Vettel has a very bright future ahead of him. Anyone have any idea how long he's contracted to Red Bull for? I can't see him staying beyond his deal that starts next season, one of the tops teams will have him if he's still on the boil, which he should be. He's got real talent, and I can see some interesting battles between him, Hamilton, Kubica, Kova, Massa and the like over championships in coming years. Vettel has the more competitive Red Bull next year though, and I can DEFINITELY see some more wins coming.

Fixed (Y)

I thought the entire race was fascinating as you really weren't sure who was gonna finsih where ad had the conditions changed Hamilton would have been upfront more, but either way keeps the championship interesting. The best thing I can say about Vettel is that you didn't see too much of him through out the race, he was so calm and great we had to watch the rest of the race for the excitement, fantastic drive!

Cannot now wait until the night race in Singapore with early weather reports giving a 60% chance of rain, brilliant!

Oops, my bad :P

Can't wait for Singapore. I've been waiting for this race all season, the concept of it makes it really interesting. I can see this being the race of the season, and the street circuit/wet weather combination is always good :D and the fact that it's at night in these conditions...Wow...This is going to be one hell of a spectacle!

Edited by The King Of Awesomeness

Alonso has signed on for 2009 w/ Renault, so he won't be going to BMW as was the gossip. Oh, and Mike Gascoine believes that Force India could theoretically win a GP this year too, if TR can do it. What he fails to realise is that Toro Rosso arguably have one of the best 3 cars in the field right now, along with a driver who has never put a foot wrong in the rain, unless it was unavoidable (see: Lewis fucking him over in Japan) - and he's pretty awesome in the dry, too.

It's good news about Alonso that. Had he gone to BMW I couldn't have seen Kubica being happy about it, and I like Kubica, so that's good for me.

And Force India won't win a GP this year. For all of the reasons Kat said, plus more. Gascoigne said they can do it because STR did. There's a big difference between their seasons. For one, STR have constantly out-qualified Force India, and Vettel has pretty much always qualified in the top 10, whilst Force India have been at the back with Honda all season.

FR don't have the qualifying strength that STR - specifically Vettel - have. They aren't in STR's league. And, besides the performance from Sutil in Monaco, they've done nothing as I can recall.

They did a interview with Jenson before qualifying. He said there's one corner that will see most of the overtaking action.

They need to do MAJOR work on the pit lane entrance/last corner. There's no distinction between the two, so there's people on the same line with racers trying to do double the speed of people who are pitting. I think tha corner will cause an accident this weekend.

Hamilton was lucky. There were a lot of drivers looking to take that spot from him. Button, Coulthard, Trulli and Webber all could have put him out there. If he doesn't pick up his form he will throw the World Championship away again.

I'm really liking the way this circuit looks, especially the way it's lit up amongst the dark. Just hope it's a good racing circuit for the race.

I thought it was a good race from Hamilton, and even more importantly, a mature race. With Massa not scoring, and then with Raikonnen eventually taking himself out of the race, it was more important for Hamilton to pick up 6 points, rather than risk tring to get 8 and going into the wall. I think had it been last season, he would have tried for second.

Massa/Ferrari make a huge mistake at the pitstop!!

Massa drove off with half the fuel pipe attached so he dragged it (and a mechanic) away from the stop and had to pull up at the end of the pit lane and wait for mechanics to run down and pull it down. Took him from 1st, to 18th and last.

The FIA should ban this pit stop system of Ferrari's, it's dangerous as evidenced by the fact they had to take the one mechanic away on a stretcher and it's also dangerous in that that was the second time the car has been released into the path of another, can you imagine what would have happened if there had been contact, with a fuel hose spraying everywhere and a direct connection into Massa's fuel tank? Kablammo!

On a more positive note, excellent strategy by Renault, turning the misfortune of one of their drivers into a victory for the other and also, from an aesthetic point of view, the cars looked fucking brilliant under the floodlights, especially the McLarens. :wub:

Notably, unlike the incident at Valencia where they used the light system again after the first error, a lollipop magically appeared at the rest of the Ferrari pit stops...

What should have been a boring race, given the fact the circuit isn't the best, actually turned out to be quite awesome. You can overtake now and again, but not often, it turns out: Hamilton's pass on DC rocked, however. Great drive from Alonso & Rosberg, Vettel does really well once more, and DC got 2 points at least.

As an aside, why the fuck was Kovalainen that low, despite not getting fucked over in the pit phase or a penalty?

ETA: With Alonso winning, we've had 7 different winners this year, the most since 2003.

Edited by Katsuya