Virtual tabletop RPGs

Anyone know of any or where I can play any/software for virtual tabletop RPGs/etc? I want to try to start playing tabletops, but rather than sink money into one and find out I dislike it I figured I'd try a virtual tabletop RPG.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you mean RPGs as in D&D, I'd try OpenRPG. It's got a pretty good system, with the ability for maps and miniatures. It's hard as hell to find a decent Star Wars Saga Edition character sheet, though...

Yeah, that's what I mean. I also need some more people to play with me. Sousa's already in..

What type of game are you planning? And on what day? I've already got a couple of games on my schedule.

I'm not sure, what do you suggest? Keeping in mind it's my first time playing..

Edited by Cloudy

Do you even have GM lined up? I can't do it, as the one game I'm planning is going to take the majority of my planning.

I'd really love a Dragonlance game, but I'm fairly unchoosy when it comes to the campaign settings that i play in.

If GM is Game Master, I'm hoping Sousa will do it.

Do you even have GM lined up? I can't do it, as the one game I'm planning is going to take the majority of my planning.

I'd really love a Dragonlance game, but I'm fairly unchoosy when it comes to the campaign settings that i play in.

If you're looking for people, can I join you? I want to play PNPRPGS, but there's literally nowhere around to do it.

Hey, why not? Ever played before?

Someone with experience with OpenRPG would be peachy.

Edited by Cloudy

If you're looking for people, can I join you? I want to play PNPRPGS, but there's literally nowhere around to do it.

I hope Cloudy doesn't hate me, and thus, would let me join this possibly :wub:

Also, me and Sousa are tight, we have geeky talks all the time. But yes, I am totally in for this. Should scheduals and everything work out.

I'm game for letting just about anyone in, all we need is someone to play GM (Sousasousasousasousasousa) and someone who knows how to work OpenRPG (whiskerswhiskerswhiskerswhiskers).

I'd love to do it, but you'll have to bear with my schedule. I work full-time, and I have two kids. Saturday, Sunday, or Monday nights (later rather than earlier) work best, which might make it difficult for some of the Brits to get involved, unfortunately.

But if that's fine, I think I could throw something together.

I'd love to do it, but you'll have to bear with my schedule. I work full-time, and I have two kids. Saturday, Sunday, or Monday nights (later rather than earlier) work best, which might make it difficult for some of the Brits to get involved, unfortunately.

But if that's fine, I think I could throw something together.

Those days are fine with me too. How later is later - 10pm? ;)

Also we have to work out what we'll use in terms of software and the like.. what game..

Edited by Cloudy

Right, cool. Should we use this is as a discussion thread or what? What games has everyone played, what's easiest in terms of rulesets etc?

Those days are fine with me too. How later is later - 10pm? ;)

Also we have to work out what we'll use in terms of software and the like.. what game..

You're on central time, right? 10 pm central (11 pm EST for me) is actually perfect, because that's when my wife leaves for work.

And I've only really run D&D before, with some light and poorly done White Wolf stuff (Aberrant), so D&D 3.5 Edition would probably work best. It's not too hard to pick up; like I told you earlier, there are a lot of little rules, but you generally only deal with them one at a time. If you want the absolute easiest RPG, we could do Risus (Google it), but that's only going to get you mildly acquainted with it at best.

I'll work on setting something up with more specifics when I'm not at work. >_<

Edited by JP Sousa is Not a Shark