Virtual tabletop RPGs

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And you know your class will be a Cleric...and I assume you know your race?

I have no idea what to roll (for stats) or how to calculate how many points I get to spend for skill. Or money. Ask Sousa? He was nice enough to explain some things to me last night.

Also, where is the sheets we'll be using? And the explination for OpenRPG :shifty:

And you know your class will be a Cleric...and I assume you know your race?

I have no idea what to roll (for stats) or how to calculate how many points I get to spend for skill. Or money. Ask Sousa? He was nice enough to explain some things to me last night.

Also, where is the sheets we'll be using? And the explination for OpenRPG :shifty:

I need both of those things too :shifty:

And yeah.. if possible I'll be an elf cleric. All I know is that intellgience and wisdom are important stats for casters.

Cloudy, you suck and are never on when I am. Grrr.

I've got OpenRPG, but it's the first time I've ever used it, too. Typically, I run sessions from IRC, which obviously has fewer features but also doesn't require learning some dope-ass program that won't cooperate. We'll see if I can figure it out, but if I can't, get ahold of mIRC and we'll work something out.

I suggest Campaign-Blog for character sheets; it supports 3eprofiler, which is a great program. I'll help people build sheets when I'm on, but if someone else can work with the newbies while I'm away, it's a 25-point stat buy. Newbies, don't try to figure out what that means without help, because it will make your head hurt.

Edit: Yay for having part of my sheet done. Sousa=amazing.

You know it baby.

For anyone who's getting a sheet together, the campaign's going to have sort of a mountain flavor to it. Dwarf, Gnome, Undercommon, and Draconic are all good starting bonus languages if you have any, and tailoring your equipment toward mountaineering and spelunking wouldn't be a bad idea.

Cloudy, you suck and are never on when I am. Grrr.

I've got OpenRPG, but it's the first time I've ever used it, too. Typically, I run sessions from IRC, which obviously has fewer features but also doesn't require learning some dope-ass program that won't cooperate. We'll see if I can figure it out, but if I can't, get ahold of mIRC and we'll work something out.

I suggest Campaign-Blog for character sheets; it supports 3eprofiler, which is a great program. I'll help people build sheets when I'm on, but if someone else can work with the newbies while I'm away, it's a 25-point stat buy. Newbies, don't try to figure out what that means without help, because it will make your head hurt.

I'll try to be on when you are sometime, but I share a PC with a chunky WoW-obsessed brother who plays until.. well, until you tell him to get off, most days.

Now, to google 3eprofiler!

And then.. to click Sousa's link! >_>

Ah, so far my character sheet is hilarious. I filled out what I like to call "the prettyful things" - hair color, eye color, race, gender, class - and then I got lost. : D

Edited by Cloudy

The basics on using OpenRPG.

After DLing and installing all needed components and patching the system to the current version, start the application.

Go to the top of the program when it starts and click "Browse Servers" under the Game Servers pull-down menu.

If the game is in Veav I (server choice doesn't really matter, so I'll just use my favorite,), connect to that specific server. You'll then be taken into the lobby.

There are then several subrooms, created by several GMs. Find the one that you're to be playing in (The GM can click "Create Room" to create it.) and then join it.

Game Commands

Command Alias List:

/? is short for /help

/d is short for /description

/date is short for /time

/desc is short for /description

/he is short for /me

/i is short for /ignore

/nick is short for /name

/she is short for /me

/sleep is short for /me falls asleep

/w is short for /whisper

Command List:

/admin - Remote admin commands

/advfilter This will toggle the Advanced Filter

/close Close the chat tab

/description, /d, /desc message - Creates a block of text, used for room descriptions and such

/dieroller - Set your dieroller or list the available rollers.

/font fontname - Sets the font.

/fontsize size - Sets the size of your fonts. Recomended 8 or better for the size.

/gm message - Whispers to all GMs in the room

/gw group_name=message - Type /gw help for more information

/help, /? - Displays this help message

/ignore, /i [player_id,player_id,... | ignored_ip,ignored_ip,... | list] - Toggle ignore for user associated with that player ID. Using the IP will remove only not toggle.

/load filename - Loads settings from another ini file from the myfiles directory.

/log [ on | off | to filename ] - Check log state, additionally turn logging on, self.off, self.or set the log filename prefix.

/me, /he, /she - Alias for **yourname does something.**

/moderate [ on | off ][player_id=on|off] - Show who can speak in a moderated room, self.or turn room moderation on or off.

/name, /nick name - Change your name.

/ping - Ask for a response from the server.

/purge This will clear the entire chat window

/role [player_id = GM | Player | Lurker] - Get player roles from ther server, self.or change the role of a player.

/set [setting[=value]] - Displays one or all settings, self.or sets a setting.

/sound Sound_URL - Plays a sound for all clients in the room.

/status your_status - Set your online status (afk,away,etc..).

/tab player_id - Creates a tab so you can whisper rolls to youror what ever

/time, /date - Display the local and GMT time and date.

/update [get] - Get the latest version of OpenRPG.

/version - Displays current version of OpenRPG.

/whisper, /w player_id_number, ... = message - Whisper to player(s). Can contain multiple IDs.

That seems easy enough....will probably be easier once we get into a room with it and stuff.

And looking over my sheet, all I really need it my items. Yay! For whoever wants to see your rogue....http://www.campaign-blog.com/view.php?id=8007

Basically, my character likes to steal things, getting a +6 bonus in stuff like Slight of Hand, Open Lock, and other stuff. but I get a +8 in Hide and Move Silently thanks to the Stealthy feat. Woo!

Also, how does one calculate the Base Attack Bonus? :shifty:

So, who all is going to be in the party?

Myself, Whiskers, Cloudy....

Right, right >_> In any case, I added him on AIM and will try to be on more when he's on. I also got those two handbooks, gotta read those.