Virtual tabletop RPGs

Do you even have GM lined up? I can't do it, as the one game I'm planning is going to take the majority of my planning.

I'd really love a Dragonlance game, but I'm fairly unchoosy when it comes to the campaign settings that i play in.

If GM is Game Master, I'm hoping Sousa will do it.

I'd love to do it, but you'll have to bear with my schedule. I work full-time, and I have two kids. Saturday, Sunday, or Monday nights (later rather than earlier) work best, which might make it difficult for some of the Brits to get involved, unfortunately.

But if that's fine, I think I could throw something together.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those days are fine with me too. How later is later - 10pm? ;)

Also we have to work out what we'll use in terms of software and the like.. what game..

You're on central time, right? 10 pm central (11 pm EST for me) is actually perfect, because that's when my wife leaves for work.

And I've only really run D&D before, with some light and poorly done White Wolf stuff (Aberrant), so D&D 3.5 Edition would probably work best. It's not too hard to pick up; like I told you earlier, there are a lot of little rules, but you generally only deal with them one at a time. If you want the absolute easiest RPG, we could do Risus (Google it), but that's only going to get you mildly acquainted with it at best.

I'll work on setting something up with more specifics when I'm not at work. >_<

I'm on cst, yes.

d&d works fine for me.

Sunday and Monday, later are usually all clear for me. I'm usually online from 8pm-midnight (mountain standard time, 2 hours behind you guys in the east).

As for games I've played....I played a single session of classic D&D, before moving onto a modified Final Fantasy version (which I am running right now over in the Game Cube). So I will still need assitance with setting up a sheet. Yay for having Sousa on MSN and bugging him :shifty:

Edited by Ruki

D&D is perfect for me. Time's okay, too. Iffy on Sunday, since I have a commute to class on Monday morning.

Any thoughts on a campaign setting? We should probably agree on that.

What setting do you have in mind?

My personal favorite is probably a tie between Forgotten Realms and Dragonlance. I don't really like Eberron, and thus don't have the book. Gotta go, I have a class right now.

Right cool, I suppose I should add you lot on MSN and sign on every once in a blue moon. cs888ewb@gmail.com.

I'm game for any type of campaign, I just want to learn.

Would this be easy for a n00b to tag along? I wouldn't mind trying to be a D&D nerd. :)

I'm hoping so, because I'm in the same boat..

My personal favorite is probably a tie between Forgotten Realms and Dragonlance. I don't really like Eberron, and thus don't have the book. Gotta go, I have a class right now.

Right cool, I suppose I should add you lot on MSN and sign on every once in a blue moon. cs888ewb@gmail.com.

I'm game for any type of campaign, I just want to learn.

What he said.

Also, I shall add you to MSN (if you haven't already added me) when I get home tonight (at 1am :crying:). And I would be equally pleased with either a medieval or futeristic setting. I just want something to keep me entertained.

For me? It's really not possible to put the time back much, unfortunately. I don't like to play when my wife is home, since she and I don't see each other a whole lot, and D&D requires the lion's share of my attention if I'm GMing. Sorry.

As for campaign setting, I have my own original one that I use, since I don't have the time or the resources to commit to an Eberron or a Forgotten Realms and find it much easier to improvise things if I'm not tied to a specific world. I had a bad experience in an Eberron campaign once when a guy who knew the campaign setting kept correcting the DM on stupid, asinine shit--and I'm talking about shit along the lines of the spelling of names. It got pretty heated. That's one of the reasons why I'm not a fan of specific ready-made settings.

What specifically that setting will entail will depend a lot on where we start; it's a big world, with lots to do and lots of undefined space.

And naturally, any newbies are welcome. I'll be tailoring the campaign specifically with new people in mind, without a lot of crazy complex shit at first. It should be pretty easy to get on board.

And naturally, any newbies are welcome. I'll be tailoring the campaign specifically with new people in mind, without a lot of crazy complex shit at first. It should be pretty easy to get on board.

I demand in the first session that someone has to solve a puzzle, blindfolded, while jumping over a twenty foot pit....while being chased by a mongoose.

I demand in the first session that someone has to solve a puzzle, blindfolded, while jumping over a twenty foot pit....while being chased by a mongoose.

Problem. You're starting at level 1, and all mongeese in my campaign setting are demigods at least.

For those who are already interested, anything from any D&D book is fine with me approval. I prefer stuff from Wizards specifically, but if you've got something else in mind, I'm down. For newbies, we can do one of two things: either I can come up with some stock characters for you all, or I can work with you on AIM/MSN sometime. Either way's cool with me.

Sousa, be online tomorrow night....then we can discuss my character and stuff. I'm tempted to go with a rouge/thief type character....but at the same time, I wanna make things explode with my mind. I have a bunch of the books on my computer, 2 PHBs, DM guide, monster guides, and....other stuff I'm sure.