2008 MLB Season

sahyder1

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't count the Red Sox out yet since they've come back from these kind of deficits before but man, this Rays team is fucking scary. I'm actually hoping the Red Sox come back and beat them because as a Phillies fan, I really don't want to face the Rays.

Edited by punky

Still do got a long way to go.

I remember Oct. 17th, 2004... we were down something like 5-2 against the Yankees with five outs left. Ortiz helped tie the game up to force extra innings, won in that, then the next three games.

I'm just hope there's some rallying force in the clubhouse going on, try and pull this out. In 2004, they were desperate and hungry and very wanting to take down the Yankees and reverse the curse. To the point of doing shots of Jack before the game in the locker room.

Now that they've won two World Series in the last four years, and being defending champs... I fear they don't have the same intensity in fire trying to drive them.

Next year has arrived. Pitching isn't there, hitting isn't there ... and now Papelbon is in the game in the 7th inning to try and keep Upton/Pena/Longoria from doing more damage.

EDIT: And that failed. Upton two run double of Paps. Congrats to the Rays, one hell of a year for them.

Edited by Lowerdeck

I wouldn't count the Sox out just yet, though I'd still rather see TB win.

EDIT: See what I mean?

I'm still calling a TB/Philly WS.

Edited by El Hijo Del Sousa Jr.

Tie game!

Not sure what Coco was doing trying to stretch the double though.

Other thoughts:

- El Capitan must be pissed he got pinch hit for... again. Apparently he got pissed the last couple times he got pulled.

- Not that I'm complaining, but the only time JD Drew ever does shit is hit a key homer in the playoffs. Can we just keep him on the bench in the regular season, just break him out when it's needed?

- I can't believe the Sox keep pulling this shit off. How many times now has it been that they are within innings of the end of the year and they pull something out of their ass?

That bunt was kind of a bizarre decision. I mean, I see why he attempted it, but still.. not really the thing I'd go for in this situation.

Now you really see what I mean.

I'm still calling this series for Tampa Bay, though. The next two games are at Tropicana Field, so there's homefield advantage and the fact that Tampa Bay has raped in terms of runs scored.

That was a pretty bad blow in the seventh, though.

I can't believe JD Drew did this shit again.

Still an uphill climb from here... just got to keep hoping. Like Game 4 of the 2004 ALCS, looked very bad in crunch time and pulled through somehow. Like 10-17-04, I pretty much had written them off and from nowhere they pulled it out their ass.

If the Sox come back and take this or even take this to a game 7 I will be so pissed. I don't want to see The Yankees Junior go to another WS.

I think it's looking more and more like Boston's going to be repeating as champs. I mean, does anyone outside of Philadelphia think the Phils have a chance against the Red Sox? I'm in Philly and I laugh everytime someone tries to tell me "We're gonna win it all this year!" Hell, Tampa will take the Phillies as well.

If the Sox win I hope Philly rolls them.

If Tampa wins tonight, however..

EDIT: Argh, Lester's shutting shit down. Cut that out, now. 9 up, 9 down. Cut it out.

EDIT AGAIN: Hell yeah, tie game.

Edited by El Hijo Del Sousa Jr.