Doctor Who

Benji

12 hours ago, Benji said:

About final Jodie ep, relevant to above.

Hide contents

Isn't Ace meant to be in Jodie's final episode in some form or another?

To answer:

Spoiler

Ace and Tegan are both supposed to appear, but it may be for the 60th anniversary, not necessarily Jodi's final episode....unless that *is* her final episode.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So it looks like they are filming in Bristol, and if some of the set images are to go by the speculation on who Neil Patrick Harris is playing seems to line up, or could be a coincidence.

Images and speculation in spoiler.

Spoiler

So from the set photos it looks like it may be a return fo the Celestial Toymaker.

EqJAgLW.jpg

7oADcKS.jpg

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/celebs-tv/gallery/doctor-who-production-transforming-bristol-7205078

Wouldn't mind to see that character pop up, but would really love to see the return of

Spoiler

The Meddling Monk. I know they've used the character in some of the books and Big Finish audios, but that's not the same.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

Wouldn't mind to see that character pop up, but would really love to see the return of

Reveal hidden contents

The Meddling Monk. I know they've used the character in some of the books and Big Finish audios, but that's not the same.

Spoiler

That would be great return, I wonder if they would borrow from Big Finish and bring in Rufus Hound for the role. The only thing would be the whole "what did he do during the Time War" issue, could just roll out the usual fobwatch get out of jail free.

Spoiler

I don't think what he did during the Time War even matters at this stage. The Time Lords have come back and been killed off again since then anyway. 

The Time Lords recent history at this stage is so messy at this stage they might be better off just ignoring it all. 

Thinking about it, I wonder if the Tennant stuff, whatever it is, could act as a buffer between the current Doctor and the next one. 

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like The Girl In The Fireplace gets lost when mentioning early new Who episodes, and I also think it is probably my absolute favourite. Just rewatched for the first time in ages and it's the perfect combination of adventure, comedy, drama, and a dash of romance.

So there were plans for a third Dr. Who film from the same producer who did the two Dalek films.

Here is the article.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/0/outlandish-doctor-who-story-never/

It's behid a paywall so you can also view it here.

https://web.archive.org/web/20220705073911/https://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/0/outlandish-doctor-who-story-never/

Just now, GhostMachine said:

Bill should have gotten more time, while Clara should have gotten a hell of a lot less.

I almost posted exactly this but didn't want to have to bring down one in order to promote the other. But I 100% agree. I never warmed to Clara and yet she was the longest running companion.

On 10/07/2022 at 15:07, Benji said:

I almost posted exactly this but didn't want to have to bring down one in order to promote the other. But I 100% agree. I never warmed to Clara and yet she was the longest running companion.

The problem was the way they wrote Clara after Eleven regenerated into Twelve. It was bad enough that they Mary Sue'd her during Eleven's era, but they made her way too bossy after Capaldi took over from Smith. And the way they had her exit was pure bullshit. Love Jenna Coleman as an actress, but I'd be just fine with never seeing Clara again. Not even for the story where she actually dies.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Colly said:

My watch through with the kids had just reached Love and Monsters and I was dreading it. Maybe I'll actually give it a go.

Honestly, I just never disliked it the way others did, but time has been kinder to it since Peter Kay is no longer everywhere and annoying as hell. It's almost sickly sweet at times, but it's part of the charm of the episode. If I could take any one off characters from New Who as regular companions, it would have been Elton and Ursula.

On the flip side, Fear Her is still not a good episode despite time. It's not outright bad, but there's nothing memorable about it at all.

2 hours ago, Benji said:

Honestly, I just never disliked it the way others did, but time has been kinder to it since Peter Kay is no longer everywhere and annoying as hell. It's almost sickly sweet at times, but it's part of the charm of the episode. If I could take any one off characters from New Who as regular companions, it would have been Elton and Ursula.

On the flip side, Fear Her is still not a good episode despite time. It's not outright bad, but there's nothing memorable about it at all.

Wrong.

"That belongs to the council!"

• Like 1

On 12/07/2022 at 10:09, Benji said:

Shit Penny Crayon.

• Haha 1