There's a PS3 in my house

PkmnTrainerJ

Yeah, so came home today and there was a PS3 that my three younger brothers had bought, but they only bought Call Of Duty and Rainbow Six something and as I've no interest in FPS's but might want to play the PS3 then I want some decent games recommending to me.

Warhawk.

Warhawk is all anyone needs. Warhawk is good. Warhawk's better than sex.

Warhawk is life.

But in all seriousness, if you're up for some dynamic third person shooter (with tanks, jeeps and planes too) online game play, it's one of the best, if not the best.

Uncharted is good for a cross breed of Gears of War/Tomb Raider that Naughty Dog made their own, it's one of the best games the system has, and truly is a very pulpy action adventure. Ratchet & Clank Future isn't too shabby, but eh, not as good as the 2nd and 3rd. Eye of Judgment is pretty good, but the money sink and niche quality of it likely isn't for everyone.

I haven't played them but stuff like Heavenly Sword and Motor Storm are supposed to be good if you're looking for a short derivative God of War inspired game and a middling atypical motocross game respectively.

They're not mentioned much here, if anywhere actually, but some of the PSN games are quite fun. PixelJunk Monsters is a fun by yourself but a blast with a friend if you like Tower Defense type stuff. Super Stardust HD is fucking great, and an absolutely gorgeous game.

And if you've never played a 360 either.... There's the smattering of random multi-platform titles. Oblivion, Assassin's Creed, sports titles, etc.

Oh and Warhawk.

Assasin's Creed is perhaps the only one I'm intrigued by.

I really, really can't get in to shooters or racers either. Any other recommendations?

Actually Uncharted looked decent too, but I'm not sure how long it'd hold my attention for.

Edited by Geeky J

There's sadly not much else out there. Both the 360 and PS3 are loaded with shooter variants with the Wii having mainly mini game or gimmick compilations.

Oblivion is a grand and ridiculously large game. Considered one of the best games in recent years. I personally didn't like it too much, but leagues of people do.

Assassin's Creed is a solid experience, but has it's quirks that can turn you off or in fact may make you like it better.

Now that I think of it, there's also stuff like skate (which is supposed to be better than Tony Hawk's recent incarnations) and Marvel Ultimate Alliance (dungeon crawling stuff with Marvel characters). Ninja Gaiden Sigma is also quite good, if a bit mind numbingly difficult (and Devil May Cry 4 at that). Folklore is a decent RPG/Adventure game that has some decent visuals and mildly interesting game play. Of course Guitar Hero 3 and Rock Band too. And of course there's Grand Theft Auto 4 out at the end of this month.

Outside of that I can't honestly think of anything that's good enough for mention that isn't either shooter/racing inspired in a way.

Skate I might enjoy, I haven't played a Tony Hawk's since THUG2 as I think the series started going downhill after that. Ultimate Alliance we have on PS2, so not much point in another one, but I did enjoy it. What about Eye Of Judgement, the small Yu-Gi-Oh fanboy (old YGO no GX shite) thought it looked good and was a good idea.

GTAIV, still not majorly impressed by. It's all very meh to me, perhaps I've not seen enough trailers (I've seen 2 since they started).

Eye of Judgment strictly as a card game is quite balanced and enjoyable. The deck that comes with the game is decent enough to win against even people who have 'better' cards. The game is designed wherein' skill pretty much always trumps what cards someone has.

Setting it up with the Eye can be a nuisance, but once you get a handle on it it's quite simple. And there's something incredibly and deliciously nerdy to like about playing down a card and seeing it animate on the screen.

With the added online functionality and a decently sized community (especially on the official Playstation forums) there's just about always someone, somewhere, sometime that you can play. A much desired quality any CCG player would love.

And of course the Eye itself has different stuff for it, none of which I've personally bothered with.

I have to say that Oblivion is by far the best PS3 game out there.

I actually enjoyed Assasins Creed, but I can see why so many people hate it. Its ridiculous near the end. The stealth element is pretty much blown away.

Heavenly is alright, especially the Kai missions. In fact this game deserves at least a rent for those missions.

Skate couldn't really keep my attention, there was so much hype surrounding it that it just didn't live up to my expectations. But decent enough if you want a skating. Its way better then Proving Ground.

Guest Applied Science

Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 is such a fun game, but I suppose if you are not into that kind of thing then other fun games are Oblivion and MLB '08. Assassin's Creed got boring fast.