Best match you have ever attended

brenchill

Might aswell open this up to American sports, too. What's the best match you've ever been to? Mine is Villa/Athletico Madrid in the UEFA Cup Quarter Final. It had the best atmosphere I've witnessed at Villa Park and Collymore scored one of the best goals I've seen live (Only bettered by Carbone a few years later).

My favourite games tend to be with Brentford (local team) as opposed to Arsenal (supported team), it's just a better atmosphere. One game that springs to mind would be the second leg of the play-off semi finals with Huddersfield and few years back. Went up to Huddersfield to watch Brentford get a good 0-0 draw, then within a few minutes of the return match Paul Smith - then Brentford 'keeper drops the ball and they're 0-1 down. Cue goals from Darren Powell and legend Lloyd Owusu, 2-1, pitch invasion and off to Cardiff.

About as good as it gets for Brentford. It was nice to go to Cardiff with them for the final of the Shield/Paint Trophy/LDV Vans or whatever it is now, and for a play-off final, but ultimately lost both which soured the experience.

For Arsenal, the European games at Wembley were unique, for the fans at least, the team crashed out as per usual. Scoring two late goals against AIK made for a good finish in that one.

I was one of the lucky ones who got to go and see the 1999 Champions League Final. I was only 8 years old at the time and my dad took me. It was amazing although I was pissed off all the time untill about the 90th minute. Peter Schmeichel was my hero and I nearly pissed myself when he got his head on a corner. I don't remember much about the game really, only that we were dominated but never gave up.

'99 Playoff Final. Fuck you Sunderland.

Sasa Ilic is a shitbag.

Look at us now though. Us looking like a respectable Premiership team and you lot flapping around in the Championship. Mind you - are you even a Charlton fan these days? You've gone remarkably quiet on the matter since you lot disappeared to the lower leagues.

One that sticks out in my memory was Walsall vs Crewe, prolly around 1993ish, the Crewe keeper got sent off after about 13 seconds IIRC.

I think it still ended 0-0 though. <_<

I've been to a fair few games but none of them seem to stand out as spectacular.

I guess mine would have to be the 1-1 draw between Utd and Bayern Munich at Old Trafford in the group stages of the Champions league in the 1998/1999 treble winning season. I remember Keano scoring a belter from outside the box.

It probably doesn't seem all that special to anyone else but I'm pleased to have been able to see THAT team play and play against the team that they ended up beating so sensationally in the final.

Wrexham 2 - 0 Southend. In 2005 at the LDV Vans Trophy final in Cardiff, one of the best days of my life and only the day after my birthday. The atmosphere as Wrexham scored their first goal was just incredible, there was almost double the amount of Wrexham fans at the match and it definitely showed. If only those lot would actually show up for the weekly matches.

Well I don't know when exactly but about 10 years ago I was at a Ajax - Willem II game and Ajax were just champions the week before but they played an away game so after the match all sorts of celebrations erupted, that was really fun.

Oh and I went to Spain - Norway on Euro 2008 which was a dreadful match but still special since it was a European Championship!

Leeds 4-3 Derby - 0-3 down and then Bowyer getting the winner in the last minute. Awesome. I was hoarse from all the shouting and cheering after that.

Leeds 4-3 Liverpool - Big Viduks got all 4.

Leeds 2-2 Swindon - Paul Robinson scoring in injury time to take it to extra time. The way the crowd just exploded when he scored, it was amazing.

• 3 weeks later...

Everton 1-0 Liverpool- Season we got into the Champions League and I would of only been 10 so it really meant a lot to me when Super Lee smashed the goal in.

Everton 1-0 Man Utd-Same reasons as above as well as my hero Big Dunc scoring and going to school the next day and being able to say that we'd beat Man Utd was great.

Everton 3-0 Liverpool-Great atmosphere and we really rose to the occasion, as well as Pepe the clown dropping the ball on Johnsons head. Great day out, shame it doesn't happen more often :(