Championship Manager Thread

Nobody wants these bums.

Maybe I can con some French team to take Vincent Pericard for 1.8 mil. Ugh, this is gonna be a tougher task than I thought. I'm used to cheating with other programs to give me money...don't plan on cheating this time around :)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An update on my Stoke game...

We're 4th in the Championship! I don't know how the hell we did it, but it has something to do with some Romanian forward I got for cheap and Jonathan Parkin. Glenn Whelan leading the team in goals, and Salif Diao/Dominic Matteo not being total garbage help too :P

Also: Russell Hoult is the most worthless pile of trash to ever put on a jersey. He did the unthinkable, and gave up 3 goals to SCUNTHORPE UNITED. You don't do that and expect to get promoted. Needless to say, I sent his worthless ass to the reserves.

As for the site...here you go.

Clicky! Now! Do it dammit :P

Edited by Magus978

I found a place that still has CM 01/02 being updated. It's another forum, so I don't know if I should link it here without violating some sort of advertising rule.

Its latest update is February 2008 if you're interested :)

EDIT: Started a new game with Stoke City (using February update). 1.1 mil for transfers? Yeah, nice job board...how the hell am I supposed to be competitive for promotion with that? :P

I think there's an application for cm01/02 that allows you to change the games start date, so you can get the update and then set the game to start in summer 2007 or 2008.

Every month the board at Chelsea urge me to buy Dennis Wise from Millwall.

Millwall are understandably confused by such offers, having only just bought him from Chelsea the previous summer. ¬_¬

If you're planning a long term game as Chelsea you ought to hold on to Sam Parkin. He can become pretty special. So can Rhys Evans.

Parkin's at Swindon, having apparently been another player transferred over the summer before the game starts.

Something's severely wrong when Quique De fucking Lucas has been the top goal scorer over the past 3 games. And now, having just been knocked out of the UEFA Cup by Lazio in the third round (5-4 on aggregate), I've been drawn at Anfield for the FA Cup Third Round...this is not what I signed up for! :@

Parkin's still at Stoke in this update (February 2008).

Thank god he's still here...also, I have acquired Kasey Keller in a loan deal from Fulham, and he's done pretty good so far. Except for giving up 3 goals against Derby in a 3-2 loss...he's been lights out in two games so far in the league.

I'm gonna have to try and sign this guy full time if we can get more money into the club.

EDIT: Er, on second thought...maybe as a coach :P

Steve Simonsen > Kasey Keller

Edited by Magus978

Yeah, I'm mid-way into the season now and I'm getting hit with injuries. I had Liam Lawrence, Richard Cresswell, and Andy Griffin go down for more than 2 weeks...doesn't help me that I've pretty much overused Rory Delap, Salif Diao, and Dominic Matteo. I've had to rotate them out and put in lesser personnel. When all those players are not playing, we usually lose :(

Moved up to 2nd in the standings, but leaders Burnley have like 3 games in hand.

Edited by Magus978

Hmm.

Mark Bosnich is 30 years old, officially valued at £2.4m and - now - is my second choice goalkeeper since Carlo Cudicini finally got round to discovering what it is that makes him awesome. Beyond that point in the Chelsea goalkeeping lineage we find reserve keepers Ed de Goey (who is very old and crap), Rhys Evans (who is very young and, as yet, crap), and Leon Pidgeley (who is 16 and therefore laughable). Bosnich, therefore, is pretty important in a backup role but otherwise not very special.

Arsenal (who still have a 38 year old David Seaman in goal) offered me the asking price of £2.4m for Bosnich. I said lol, no.

The next day Arsenal came back and offered me £2.9m for Bosnich. I complemented them on their cute persistence but again, laughed in their face.

Today Arsenal have come back a third time and offered me £3.5m for Bosnich.

There are some important issues here:

a) do I possibly want to sell Bosnich after all? I mean, I am rather lacking in money.

b) should I keep rejecting them just to see how far they'll go? Will I hold out for too long if I try?

c) if I negotiate by picking a figure myself and offering it to them, will I not look utterly retarded when they say lol, no at me?

Decisions, decisions.

EDIT: New bid: £4.2m.

Edited by stokeriño

The bid is now £5m. I'm saving the game before I reject it each time to see how high they'll go - out of curiosity that I might have stumbled upon an AI glitch if nothing else. :shifty:

Edit: Bah, £5m was the limit. Sold him - maybe I can get Cech for cheap...

Edited by stokeriño

Finally caved and sold Steve Simonsen to Arsenal. Got 6.75 mil (US) for him. Then went and bought Scott Flinders from Crystal Palace for $1,500,000.

Back in 2nd place in the Championship, and I'm hoping to finish up the season tonight. :P

Started as England, beat Germany 3-1 and went onto win the group. Won the group in the World Cup and beat Czech Republic 1-0 in the 2nd Round to get France in the 1/4's. However on my way to the 1/4's I lost Gareth Barry, Nick Barmby, Frank Lampard and Robbie Fowler to injury. I still took the game to penalties, only to miss three out of four and lose 3-1. Resigned to take over Luton who had just won the 3rd Division (prefer club football anyway).

Won the 2nd Division, bringing in Stern John, Mark Schwarzer (no idea how, later flogged him to Everton for £1 Million profit), Marco Simone (retired after one season, bastard).

Won the 1st Division next season, financing it with £9.75 Million of sales, getting rid of Kevin Nicholls (£3 Million), Scott Murray (£2 Million), Mark Schwarzer (£3.1 Million). Spending it on John Oster (£1.8 Million), Peter Wijker (£1.9 Million), Sylvain Wiltord (£2.9 Milion, again no idea how) and others.

Pre-season before my first season of Premiership football I brought in Gary Naysmith, John O'Shea, Alan Bak Jensen for £8 Million total, but this pales in comparision to my first signing.....

CHRISTIAN VEIRI!! On a bosman! He had been refusing to sign a new contract with Inter, so I had been offereing him contracts and getting snubbed as expected. I offered him a one year contract as a last chance, fully expecting another snubbing only to have him accept! At 30 he is still one of the best in the world, and he is mine! He does have a minimum fee release clause of £18.5 Million but if anyone offers my that much, I'll only be too happy to sell. The next challenge will be to get him to sign an extention. After 13 games, we are 5th, with Veiri scoring 13 goals in the 12 league games he's played

The one I downloaded has updated rosters. =( I wanted the original rosters dammit.

Though a 11 year old Theo Walcott is kinda funny.

Could someone with original 01/02 data zip it up for me?

Edited by Kou

Shut up Dan.

Also: Super Leeds!

3rd in Prem

Winner of FA Cup (2-1 vs Sunderland)

Winner of UEFA Cup (2-0 vs Chelsea)

Semi Finalist of League Cup (vs Liverpool)

Annoyingly Steve Marlet, who scored 4 goals all season, made the bench of the Prem team of the year whilst Bridges who got 16 in 20 games was nowhere to be seen.

Edited by Ellis Misses Benji