Metal Gear Online

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the patch downloaded and installed, but now I can't get through the fucking Konami ID process. Furthest I've gotten is picking my name, but the system crapped out and hung up on me before I could confirm. Anyone actually gotten through it yet?

They made an ass of it, apparently. The codes are supposed to be twelve digits long yet some if not all in America are only nine digits. Get onto Konami (mgobetasupport@konami.com) and complain about it, seems to be the way most people are dealing with it.

I ended up calling a number and it gave me some options to choose from one being to do with the beta code. Talked to a guy and he gave me a new beta code after telling him my 9 digit one took like 3 minutes. So now I am downloading the beta. yay.

The konami id page hasn't taken me past stage 3 of 5 yet to get signed up. The beta's all downloaded, patch done and now I still can't get my username to play the game with. So frustrating, I'd have thought that there must be SOME moment on the Konami site where it's quiet enough to sneak a sign-up through. I'll just try tomorrow morning I think while the Japanese are still at work and the Americans aren't up yet...

I ended up calling a number and it gave me some options to choose from one being to do with the beta code. Talked to a guy and he gave me a new beta code after telling him my 9 digit one took like 3 minutes. So now I am downloading the beta. yay.

Do you still have the number?

Do you still have the number?

1 310 220 8330

IMPORTANT NOTICE for all

METAL GEAR ONLINE PREMIERE BETA players

We would like to thank all players for their keen interest in taking part in the beta test.

However, we regret to inform you that due to extraordinary levels of traffic from all around the globe, we have been unable to run the service to the level we expected.

As a temporary measure, we will be suspending the European public beta test and restart it once we stabilize our server.

We would like to apologize for all inconveniences as well as confusion caused.

We would like to add that due to the above reasons, we will be making the following changes to the schedule:

1) Suspend beta test: As of 21/04/2008 08:00(CEST)

2) Restart date: TBA. We will be making another announcement on 22/04/2008 08:00(CEST)

3) Beta Test closure: This will now be on 11/05/2008 at 24:00(CEST) rather than 06/05/2008 at 24:00(CEST)

http://www.konami.jp/mgo/en/index.html

Epic boo :(

That's it Konami, screw us Europeans at the expense of keeping the Yanks happy as usual ...

Be happy you got in free without having to pre-order and/or deal with a retarded code system that was almost unanimously screwed over for a lot of people due to "printing errors".

Yep, really screw you Europeans. Yep, yep.

People need to calm down. It's a free beta, it's a test. And a privilege to play at that, not a right.