Mortal Kombat

PkmnTrainerJ

So with the new game recently announced I'm now itching to play Armageddon or start a new save (I think my old one got deleted anyways) on Deception because I love Shujinko's story mode and I prefer Onaga as a boss to Blaze. Yeah Deception.

On other notes, what are peoples favourite games, and characters and the like? When did you start really playing?

I played MK II very briefly round a friend's house, and soon after he had MKIII which seemed a hell of a lot better and it didn't take us long to discover a few tricks (Shang's Goro transformation fatality, Reptile's invisible fatality mode, I'm still annoyed Reptile lost that ball projectile move). My favourites, I'm gonna have to go by game to current.

Favourites have got to be (trying to limit it) - Cyrax, Sektor, Sub-Zero, Reptile, Kenshi, Shujinko, Scorpion, Dead Liu Kang

Guest tiarnantman

I never really liked him much before, but Nightwolf is amazing in Armageddon. I tore through all challenges with that guy. My other favourites include Reptile, Rain, Smoke, Motaro and Liu Kang.

This is the most bad-ass Halloween photo ever;

n628370630_635763_8644.jpg

Would be much cooler without the inferior Sub Zero, but still. Some fine bad-assery was had. The best part was being there with the Sub-Zero on the right, and someone making a big fuss about the other Sub-Zero and Scorpion arriving (we had no idea they were going to be wearing those costumes), and half an hour or so later after all the shouting of "FIGHT~!" and declaring of Mortal Kombat had died down....Reptile arrives. As cool as he is, who the fuck dresses up as Reptile not knowing that there are going to be other guys dressed as Sub Zero and Scorpion? A fucking genius, that's who.

First fatality I ever saw was Sub-Zero's "rip-your-head-off-with-spinal-cord-still-attached" effort, but Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 will always be my favourite as it was the first in the series I actually owned, and the first I actually tried to learn all the fatalities and shiz. Fuck the brutalities, too many buttons to remember <_<

I believe the first ever fatality I saw was in either MK I or II when Sub Zero freezes his opponent in half and uppercuts their upper torso off. I remember when my mom didn't like me playing it, but got past it and finally, I just unloaded on the games. The only ones I really remember playing heavily were MK I, MK II (which my friend and me stayed up all night playing just to beat before going to an amusment park the next day back in like 2000. We always talk about that), I just liked playing them. My favorite was actually Shaolin Monks for some reason, but I wasn't a fan of Armageddon. Having pre-ordered it after I got all my friends into the return, they were all hyped up about it. I mean, I created a BIG stir amongst them for this game and then we played it to death, but I was pissed. We don't know who died and who lives, what the fuck?

• 4 months later...