The One Album

Benji

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

69 Love songs by the Magnetic Fields (is sold as a triple CD here before anyone says it's three albums). I probably prefer distortion but 69 Love Songs wins for the sheer amount of good-great songs which far exceeds what a single CD can contain.

I'd probably go with Good Apollo, I Am Burning Star IV: Volume 1, From Fear Through The Eyes of Madness by Coheed and Cambria.

I know a lot of CoCam fans prefer IKSOSE:3, etc but this was the album that got me into them and I love it.

Oh, I forgot about IKSOSE:3, definitely their best, and always one of my all-time favourites. But I guess due to the nature of the lyrics, being a sci-fi fantasy tale, there's less of an emotional attachment to it. I 'unno, it's certainly in my all-time top 5, but Deja just resonates with me more.

I'd probably go with "All Of A Sudden I Miss Everyone", Explosions In The Sky.

I love that album title. Love it to goddamn bits. It feels like if you could combine :crying: with :blush: into a single entity.

My number one album... That is an exceedingly hard choice for me. I've had the pleasure of listening to some really great ones over the years. However, I would go back in time and to the one album that originally startled me to my path, Napalm Death's "Scum". Besides the music which I really enjoy, there is also a great emotional load in it for me. It is the epitome of how my good times began.

I like DMN's selection, very good album, good band all around. It does make for a great avatar by the way.

As for my choice? I don't know, the idea of being deprived of all music except for one album is a bit disenchanting, it's hard to imagine life with just one album. Ultimately, I'd settle on Iggy and the Stooges "Raw Power", it's one of my favorites, and probably the loudest album I've ever heard. The title of the album is the perfect description for the jagged rock and roll orchestrated by the Stooges. Beyond the annihilating rock there are also songs that are more sentimental than they are abrasive.

69 Love songs by the Magnetic Fields (is sold as a triple CD here before anyone says it's three albums). I probably prefer distortion but 69 Love Songs wins for the sheer amount of good-great songs which far exceeds what a single CD can contain.

Quom knows where it's at. 69 Love Songs is the answer for me, too.

Though Charm of the Highway Strip/Holiday put up a good fight for 'Best Magnetic Fields Album".