Cliche Romantic Comedy Endings

GA!

This is for the script I'm writing for my coursework. I'm looking for some romantic comedy cliche endings, ones that have really been overdone, that I can parody. I'm not an expert at this genre but seeing as my tutor wants me to transform my romzomcom script into more of a romcom, I'll have to give him what he wants.

Scene 1: Girl doesn't like guy and guy doesn't like girl

Scene 2: Something happens that brings them together for something

Scene 3: Something bad has to happen and the two border on hating each other

Scene 4: making up, fall in love and everyone is happy

It's paint by numbers stuff... even though i'm sure this plotline would suck

Couple has a fight (ALWAYS), woman decides to marry/hook up with/run away with Snooty Other Man despite her obvious love for the protagonist, protagonist does something incredibly over-the-top to win her back, revealing his love in public and leaving Snooty Other Man incensed. Because, you know, it's a woman's job to be passed around from man to man.

Woman and bloke meet at some sort of mutual function, get close, eventually have sex (or not... they at least kiss, but Hugh Grant's the king of these and he usually gets his rocks off first), bloke says something that woman finds offensive (always the bloke obviously), bloke apologises and professes love in front of a big crowd and all is well.

Edited by Pesci

I always get a bit annoyed how in EVERY romantic comedy, or romance film of any kind, it seems necessary that some poor cunt has to get left on his own in order for a "happy ending" to occur. It's like - hurrah, the bloke and the girl are back together, everybody's happy - except the guy the girl got with earlier on in the film, who's now been dumped because the daft cow's got back with her foppy ex, and he's now going to go home and get rat-arsed on cheap wine and cry into a copy of Razzle.

I always get a bit annoyed how in EVERY romantic comedy, or romance film of any kind, it seems necessary that some poor cunt has to get left on his own in order for a "happy ending" to occur. It's like - hurrah, the bloke and the girl are back together, everybody's happy - except the guy the girl got with earlier on in the film, who's now been dumped because the daft cow's got back with her foppy ex, and he's now going to go home and get rat-arsed on cheap wine and cry into a copy of Razzle.

It's always the guy that's at fault as well, in both cases. Although romantic comedies are the silver screen's version of Lifetime TV so their core demographic is women in their thirties and so it makes sense to have the woman be completely faultless

Does the zombie then eat her brains himself?

Please say yes.

I would if I could, but I imagine the swerve ending wouldn't be appreciated.

You're an artist! Fuck conventional reactions, he's a zombie and brain-eating is what he does!

This is the only module that has commercial conventions in mind. If I was writing it for any other module, they would insist an ending where the lead character would penetrate a toaster using only his nose.

Please say yes.

You're an artist! Fuck conventional reactions, he's a zombie and brain-eating is what he does!

This is the only module that has commercial conventions in mind. If I was writing it for any other module, they would insist an ending where the lead character would penetrate a toaster using only his nose.

And there's no way to include that in a zomromcom? On second thoughts, make the zombie have to babysit his friend's kids, making it a momzomromcom

Please say yes.

And there's no way to include that in a zomromcom? On second thoughts, make the zombie have to babysit his friend's kids, making it a momzomromcom

Add a 24 subplot and I have a bommomzomromcom