Iron Man The Official Thread

Guest strongarm85

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They're basing the movie Fury on Ultimate Nick Fury, which was himself based on Samuel L. Jackson. I believe they even got a deal so they could use his likeness. He'll also play Fury in nine more movies.

From Wiki's Ultimate Nick Fury page:

Samuel L. Jackson

Actor Samuel L. Jackson gave his consent for Marvel Comics to use his likeness in their redesign of the Fury character for The Ultimates[5], and first appeared with this revised look in Ultimates #1, as drawn by Bryan Hitch. This is not a unique practice for writer Mark Millar, who similarly had artist J.G. Jones use the explicit likenesses of Eminem, Halle Berry and Tommy Lee Jones for the major characters in the miniseries Wanted[citation needed] (although, in this case, apparently without their consent). The similarity is even noted within the comic itself, in a scene in which the Ultimates discuss who they think should play each of them in a hypothetical movie about the team. Fury's answer for himself is "Mr. Samuel L. Jackson, of course, no discussion." Such is the popularity of the Jackson-inspired version of the character that Jackson was contracted to portray Fury in Iron Man despite the film being an adaptation of the mainstream Marvel Universe version of the character[citation needed], rather than choose a Caucasian actor to play the matching classic version of Fury.

Edited by Johnny Latino Heat

I don't see why so many people shit on the idea of The Ultimate Fury. I really quite like the idea of Samuel L Jackson as the leader of a group of Superheroes. I mean they tried once before with the white version and look who they ended up casting... >_>

A black man was cast as Kingpin for Daredevil and no-one gave a shit, not sure why people mind that Nick Fury is now black. Possibly cause Daredevil sucked, but whatever.

You take that back! Daredevil was awesome just for it's casting choices. Michael Clarke Duncan as Kingpin and Colin Farrell as Bullseye were brilliant.

...It was just, you know, the good guy's that let it down >_>

I love the Daredevil film, I honestly don't know what people dislike about it and I adore the source material too.

To be fair, it had the tough time of following on from X-Men and Spider Man and from Ben Affleck, who, while I don't think is a particularly good actor (though he was fine as Daredevil), I'm 99% certain that a lot of people disliked him just for being Ben Affleck.

But yeah, King Pin and Bullseye were feckin' awesome. "I don't believe it... the blind lawyer from Hell's Kitchen!" & "I missed... I never miss." are lines that are quite often quoted when me and my mates are pissed off our faces. >_>