The Summer Transfer Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think there was one, this year.

We had one to fix the amount of easy chances missed, closing down and goals being chalked off for a foul bugs, and now the one we have now, which would be perfect apart from all the goals that go in.

Anyway, summer transfers...

>_>

Barcelona confirm Man City have put a bid of £25.5million in for Ronaldhinho. Thats double what Milan want him for and it's reported Man City are willing to pay higher wages as well. It'll be interesting whether he moves for the money or for the bigger team.

Either way he'll be in the UEFA cup next season.

I doubt Ronaldinho will really be a success in the Premiership especially at a team like Man City because of his poor fitness and work ethic. He's not the kind of player to help out defensively anyway and at a team like City which will need its attacking players to help out a bit, he won't be much use.

He'll certainly sell shirts, and come to think of it if he does actually perform what could be better than having a Brazil international midfielder in your squad? (other than Elano >_>)

The Carson to Stoke thing kinda makes me smell something funny about the situation. He hasn't signed yet it's been publicly made that a £4m bid has been accepted, surely this is just a way of letting another bigger team hijack this bid by adding another million to the deal.

It would be intresting to see Villa sign Friedel it might make Guzan transistion to the EPL easier, since Friedel made the same move not to long ago.

On a pretty much unrelated note Brian Mcbride looks like he wants to play for the Chicago Fire of the MLS but due to stupid allocation rules he may not get that chance this season. But I gotta say that I am happy because the rumor going around is that he is going to be one of the overage players for the US in the Olympics and I would just love to see him in a US MNT uniform again.

I hate seeing Evening Standard news boards on the way home which say "CHELSEA STAR COMMITS FUTURE TO CLUB"...and then when I get home, I discover it was only Wayne Bridge. LAME. ¬_¬

In other news, Fulham buy Zamora and Pantsil from Fulham for £6.3m combined. Can't say that I'd be especially inspired by those signings, were I a Fulham fan...