The Summer Transfer Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ferguson got badly injured quite quickly then became captain, Hughes wanted to build the team around him and there were a few other EPL teams looking for him aswell before coming back to Rangers.

I wish David Murray would part with some cash and quickly bring in Steven Davis don't think I could bear McCulloch playing CM.

The injury I will give you didn't help. The only reason why Ferguson was made captain was because Souness has a hard-on for ex-Rangers players and he wanted to try and make him happy at Ewood. Hughes likes hard working, battling players just the sort we needed when he took over. Ferguson with his shit side-ways 5 yard passes, lack of effort and his big-time charlie attitude tells me Hughes would have never wanted to build any side round him. I can't also see any other English clubs wanting him for the price we would have demanded (to help re-coup our awful loss), his awfully barely average performances for us and his desirfe to fuck off back to Rangers so he could be the big fish again.

Bentley now a CONFIRMED signing as of 10:30pm Wednesday.

Press Conference set for 10am Thursday.

£15mil

Steed Malbranque Completes move to Sunderland, making him the third Spurs to Black Cats transfer in this window.

Edited by Phleanix

So Tal Ben-Haim wants more playing time so he leaves Chelsea to come to City. Yet he'll just end up backing up Richards and Dunne for the majority of the games.

Oh well, we needed defensive depth last year and this will help.

Edited by Clawson

Yeah, Bentley in for £15m which could rise to £17m. Still horrendously overpriced in my opinion.

Andrei Arshavin's agent says he has agreed personal terms with Spurs, we've just got to agree a fee with Zenit now. They also want to wait until they have found a replacement.

We played Leyton Orient tonight and despite going down to a superb strike from the edge of the area, we won 5-1 with Bent scoring three (seven goals in two games now) and Modric scoring his first for Spurs. From the highlights it looked like Dos Santos was again brilliant.

Edited by AD

Heard about Arshavin, just flicked on SkySports News hoping to hear it from them.

Thanks for confirming though.

Manchester City have moved for Israel international Tal Ben Haim from Chelsea for an undisclosed fee. rumours are saying a figure of around 5mil.

He's on a 4year contract.

• Admin

The papers aren't far off - as I understand it, it was a 30% sell-on clause as part of the original Bentley deal, so the Gooners will shortly be receiving a cheque for £4.5 million

• Admin
I've heard it's nearer a 50% sell-on clause. Or so says The Sun, the BBC, The Daily Telegraph, and a few others.

That means we've done quite well out of Bentley really. 2 million from Blackburn and 7 or 7.5 million out of Spurs.

£2 million from Blackburn? Not sure where you get that from. It was £400,000 up front, with a few clauses bumping it up to £750,000.

Hence the massive sell-on clause in the contract. But it's not 50%, that's just the rampant paper speculation that goes on these days.

But Arsenal are laughing all the way to the bank as wily boss Arsene Wenger insisted on a 50 per cent sell-on clause when he sold Bentley to Blackburn for around £2m 2½ years ago.

That's where I read it. Although it was The Sun so probably a barrel worth of salt is needed to be taken with that. As for the sell-on clause, everywhere I look is saying 50%. I guess we'll have to wait and see if any official confirmation is released.

In other news, yesterday Arsenal signed 21 year old Portugal Under-21 midfield star Amaury Bischoff from Weder Bremen for an undisclosed fee. Can we nickname him Eric? ^_^