House MD

Trey

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I Q_Qed, I admit. Perhaps wasn't as innovative or edge of your seat as the first part of the episode (House's Head) - but damned if it wasn't an emotionally challenging episode to watch. That moment when Wilson is trying to explain to Cuddy how cruel it would be to tell Amber she was dying, but couldn't say it... the way his face mask just collapsed and he let it all go. Just really difficult to watch.

The last couple of episodes have left us with a lot to confront when the new season starts. Wilson's a nice guy, and will doubtless try not to let his feelings make him hate House, but I can't imagine it will be easy. Thirteen has a terminal illness (albeit one that shouldn't kill her for a decade or two yet) and the Cuddy/House tension has been particularly high of late.

All in all, it wasn't my favourite episode of the series (House's Head wins that) or my favourite final episode of all time (No Reason gets that) - but it was a damn fine ending to a season that didn't skip a beat despite the writer's strike. I'll be counting down the days until the fifth season gets underway.

Do share.

Basically I'm thinking Wilson will blame House for amber's death partly and he'll still wonder if anything at all happened between house and Amber and hire a private dick to go around and ask people that might have saw them together that night

I'm probably way off base but I don't think Wilson is gonna let this one go.

I can't see it going that far. She left a note saying she was going to pick House up from the bar, House said exactly the same thing, and nothing was mentioned by her in the time she had left with Wilson.

He'll blame House, but because his drunken selfishness got Amber killed.

I was a little suprised to see Fred Durst tending bar.

I was surprised that it was Fred Durst >_> I kept seeing his name in the credits and after the show I was wondering "Who the fuck did Durst play? Was that him as the bartender?" and then I looked it up and yup. Wow, he looks nothing like how I remember him. Then again, I haven't seen him since.. 2000? 2001? >_>

I think it's a compliment when a precedural drama like House can keep their characters so interesting so that when they do these big storylines you really care about the effect it has on the characters. This season was another great one I would say, it completely carried off the challenge it set itself by taking three of the main characters and pushing them aside to bring a fresh idea for the series.

I just this moment finished watching the episode and already, I can't wait for the next season to begin.

I can't see it going that far. She left a note saying she was going to pick House up from the bar, House said exactly the same thing, and nothing was mentioned by her in the time she had left with Wilson.

He'll blame House, but because his drunken selfishness got Amber killed.

That's how I see it playing out too. Not sure where the story's going with Thirteen though, it's not a disease that effects you immediately as far as I know, so I can't imagine it having a huge effect on her, but obviously could be wrong.

Amber's death seemed to bring the trio together and House's new emotions will be an interesting twist. I'd say most of next season will be about tension between Wilson and House, but how far can you really carry that? Unless Wilson gets Chase, Cameron, and Foreman and they have dueling diagnostic groups (joking...kinda, heh).

I'm anxious for next season just because I love the show, but can't say I see any real great possibilities at the moment for what's to come.

I'll say this, though. Despite taking out three characters and adding three new ones - they're left with much the same mix.

Kutner is every bit as ass kissing as Chase, but with an added dose of childishness and optimism.

Thirteen may not be smitten with House like Cameron was - but she's got the same ideals and objections.

Taub is a lot like Foreman, in that he's the most likely to stand up to House.

I assume this was intentional, since House is the kind of guy who wouldn't want to admit he missed them - so simply replaces them with slightly different versions of themselves.

• 3 months later...

House is on every night on Fox Japan. Though it's called "Doctor House" over here. I'm massively addicted though I never watched it in England. It's great TV though I think we're working through series 3 here in Japan.

I'm discovering all these programmes I've never watched before purely cos we've only got one semi-decent English language channel.

Still from the last couple of months I can rank:

1 - House :wub:

2 - NCIS (it's fun and stupid and it's got Duckie!) :wub:

3 - Prison Break :D

4 - Bones :)

5 - Numbers :mellow:

6 - Ghost Whisperer <_<

7 - Las Vegas :angry:

I'd never watched any of those back in the UK even though they were all shown on TV.

Screw you, NUMB3RS is great. Way worthy of a :) or even a :D.

But yeah, new House. Finally. :wub:

Edited by ALPHA Cloudy

Prison Break is turning lame. I was super excited about it returning, and now I've struggled to sit through the first two episodes

We're getting towards the end of season 2. It's kinda cool (mostly). House is season 3, NCIS is just about to return for season 3, Bones has just returned for season 3, 24 is just finishing season 5, Numbers is season 2, Las Vegas is season 2 and dunno bout Ghost Whisperer.

Do any of these series get better or worse in later seasons?

House is season 3, NCIS is just about to return for season 3, Bones has just returned for season 3, 24 is just finishing season 5, Numbers is season 2, Las Vegas is season 2 and dunno bout Ghost Whisperer.

I can only comment on House, which doesn't ever seem to struggle too much. The fourth season and all of its new cast make it interesting.

House is season 3, NCIS is just about to return for season 3, Bones has just returned for season 3, 24 is just finishing season 5, Numbers is season 2, Las Vegas is season 2 and dunno bout Ghost Whisperer.

I can only comment on House, which doesn't ever seem to struggle too much. The fourth season and all of its new cast make it interesting.

The new cast on House is indeed interesting. The guy who plays Taub is awesome; used to play one of my favorite defense attorneys on the original Law and Order. And Olivia Wilde (who dyes her hair - she's really a blonde) is damn hot. I wish, however, that they had gotten rid of Foreman. Wilson is going to have less screen time in the new season, sadly, from what I've heard (Robert Sean Leonard requested it).

Las Vegas does get better. However, the show's been cancelled; even bringing in Tom Selleck last season wasn't enough to save it.

Never have watched Ghost Whisperer or Numbers, can count the # of episodes of Bones and 24 I've watched on one hand, and I've only recently started watching NCIS since its in syndication on....USA, I think?...now.