Official EURO 2008 Thread

alldaws1

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't get my head anyone claiming that Sweden won't go through or that Russia will beat them. Fact is that Russia looked piss-poor against Spain and unless they're defending like fuck, Greece look fucking awful aswell. And even trying to defend like hell didn't work for them tonight.

At this stage, being defending champions means fuck all with Greece. Four years ago was a one off, just like Denmark back in '92.

I'd love to be a pundit and rip them to shreds. All that passing it around the back three has just fucking irritated me.

I can't get my head anyone claiming that Sweden won't go through or that Russia will beat them. Fact is that Russia looked piss-poor against Spain and unless they're defending like fuck, Greece look fucking awful aswell.

I think we are assuming waaaay too much stuff just based on one match. I mean, Netherlands are suddenly one of the bookies' favorites, but they can still not qualify for the second round. Italy are still fucking Italy so they might still go through anyways. Poland has Beenhakker, Russia has Hiddink. Just don't be surprised if any of the teams that looked shit first round suddenly get a good win. They learn from their mistakes.

Greece deserve to go out for that terrible, shockingly awful performance. I can't remember EVER seeing a team before that has started blatant time-wasting tactics in the THIRTY FIFTH MINUTE. I mean how damn ridiculous is that? Greece didn't look like they wanted to be there at any point inside the first 70 minutes and I'll be happy to be waving them goodbye after their next two games.

I can't get my head anyone claiming that Sweden won't go through or that Russia will beat them. Fact is that Russia looked piss-poor against Spain and unless they're defending like fuck, Greece look fucking awful aswell.

I think we are assuming waaaay too much stuff just based on one match. I mean, Netherlands are suddenly one of the bookies' favorites, but they can still not qualify for the second round. Italy are still fucking Italy so they might still go through anyways. Poland has Beenhakker, Russia has Hiddink. Just don't be surprised if any of the teams that looked shit first round suddenly get a good win. They learn from their mistakes.

Sweden beating Russia is not a prediction based on what happened today, I'd have thought most people would have had that penciled in as soon as the groups were announced.

Oh dear God, someone shut Clive Tyldesley up.

"Ronaldo of Man Utd, linked to Real Madrid this summer. Passes to Deco, Brazilian born like his coach and also like his coach linked to west London. Now Bosingwa who too is off to Chelsea after the tournament." SHUT THE HELL UP.