Official EURO 2008 Thread

alldaws1

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This tournament is boring the shit out of me. If Italy/Holland isn't good then I'm not watching anymore...

I think it's been pretty good so far, it's had plenty of stories even in just the first 2 days. Turkey kicking the shit out of Portugal and completely getting away with it, Czech Republic scraping by a determined Swiss side, same for Croatia and Austria, Germany playing Poland off the park and showing just how to beat the offside trap, a very well taken second goal from Podolski. Granted, I didn't see the apparantly awful Romania/France game that just took place, but there's been plenty of action so far considering it only started on Saturday.

RUUD! SUPERSTAR.

Who gives a fuck if he's offside?!?!

The italians?

At first i thought it was a wonderful goal from Schneijder, but apparently not. Terrible decision, but this game is shaping up well so far.

EDIT: And here's the wonderful goal from Schneijder! Makes me feel a lot less aggrieved at the first, that's a great breakaway.

Edited by 1PWCorino

From the looks of things that defender who went off the field in the initial clearance might have been inactive when Sneijer blasted the ball to Van Persie, if that's the case it wasn't onside, i think he was still classed as active = an onside chance

Edited by The General

Really enjoyed the Dutch style of play. They've been attacking and skilful and it's paying off thus far. Could be a good pick for this tournament but the fact they'll probably have to get past Spain at some point to get to the Final rules them out for me.