Official EURO 2008 Thread

alldaws1

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, I thought the general rule is that it's only an own goal when the initial shot is going wide and the deflection diverts it in. The header was going in on its own.

This has been great entertainment.

Part of me is sad though, because the Netherlands are in Scotland's World Cup qualifying group. Doesn't bode well. :(

And it's Van Bronckhorst's goal, not sure how long you've been watching football. o_O

Edited by The Kraig

So yeah, the first goal wasn't offsides. Panucci was out of play but since it wasn't allowed by the referee due to injury and it was during the flow of play it means he is considered the last defender and is considered to be on the back line.

Best match of the tournament so far by far, great performance from Holland, they undid Italy with two great moves, the World Champions weren't particularly bad, but Holland definitely deserved the win.

As for the third goal, Ive been watching football for a decade and never known the ins and outs of own goals tbh, if thats the rule, then I guess its V. Bronckhorsts, didn't know that.

I don't see why the criticism of why some felt it was an own goal. It did hit the Italian defender on the leg before crossing the line.

Looking forward to seeing Spain tomorrow. I think they could put a performance in like the Dutch tomorrow.

Okay, let me start with: HOLY FUCKING SHITE, WE BEAT ITALY.

Now that's out of the way. Ruud's goal was onside, because the defender who got knocked to the outside was still in play, so he's onside; it's a rule.

Gio was the man of the match. He orchestrated two counter attacks, and that third goal was clearly his.

Sit down, Italy.

I did notice that defender down behind the goal, but assumed he wouldn't be deemed in the play because he was down "injured". But if that's what's officially in the rules, then they have to go by that I guess.

But what a great game to watch, I reckon France and Romania will be looking out for that counter attack next time though.

*curses wallchart*

I've been given about 10 inches of space to write 'V. Nistelrooy, Schneijder, V. Bronckhorst' on it. <_<

So, Holland the new favourites? I know it was only one game and there's still a long way to go yet, but they've performed better than everyone so far, and against one of the top teams as well. It'll be interesting to see how Spain perform tomorrow.

*curses wallchart*

I've been given about 10 inches of space to write 'V. Nistelrooy, Schneijder, V. Bronckhorst' on it. <_<

So, Holland the new favourites? I know it was only one game and there's still a long way to go yet, but they've performed better than everyone so far, and against one of the top teams as well. It'll be interesting to see how Spain perform tomorrow.

Sneijder.

He's not German. :shifty: