Artists/Bands that you got in to a bit late

PkmnTrainerJ

Morrissey I only got into in the past couple of years.

Other than that, probably Audioslave in the same way Benji did. Heard Cochise and saw it around but wasn't a big fan until I heard 'Be Yourself'.

Actually, same here, and the awesome "Shadow On The Sun" too.

As matter of fact, I didn't really start getting into music until about 2005, and before then it was whatever was a 'cool' song in the charts, that I now think is pretty shit.

It was then that I came across a Nirvana hour on Kerrang and fell in love with Come As You Are, and similarily with Guns N Roses, and bought both of their Best Ofs. I always preferred rock type music though since getting into wrestling, from the Puddle Of Mudd's, Nickeback's and Limp Bizkit, which Chocolate Starfish was my first real album. But, as I say, it wasnt until 2005-ish that I strated paying attention to Nirvana, Guns N' Roses, Soundgarden, Audioslave, Alice In Chains, RATM etc.

last year i got into the band Dragonforce so i searched the web for bands who are kinda like Dragonforce and i had no idea what i was looking for.....mso y friend and i went to a local record store and asked them if thay knew any and the told me to try out the band Iced Earth and i got into them pretty quick i bought all there ablums in like 3 weeks and then i searched some info about them and what i thought was funny is that i am a hugh Judas Priest fan and one of my favriot ablums is Jugulator and i found out that Tim "Ripper" Owens sang the lead vocals on that ablum and then i found out the he also sang lead vocals on my favriot Iced Earth ablum The Glorious Burden and two months ago i was looking at the used cd's at my local record store and i found a ablum by a band called Beyond Fear and so i asked to listen to the ablum and low and behold Tim "Ripper" Owens is the lead vocals for the band and i think the cd is awesome my favriot song by Beyond Fear is Save Me....so i would recomend that if you like Judas Preist check out Beyond Fear.

Edited by InsaneDragon2k4

Muse. I didn't start until right when Black Holes and Revelations came out and now Absolution is one of my favorite albums of all time.

I had heard Hysteria and New Born a few times before I never really checked them out until you guys started blowing a nut when they announced Knights of Cydonia would be in Guitar Hero 3. I must say, though, I'm not a huge fan of most of their slower songs unless I'm in the mood for them. But their rocking songs are always great.

Lykathea Aflame. I am eight years behind on this one. I dont know how the hell I missed this because Elvenefris has been like a drug to me these last three days. I'm really saddened that nothing more will ever come from the band that undoubtedly were in touch with every divine being when they created the spectacle that is the greatest death metal album to date, and probably always will be. But goddamn, I'm sad that I missed the period where this one was hot.

Edited by SRN

Wow, I just forgot a huge one that I omitted from my initial list. The Pogues.

I checked them out a few years back, and they really didn't capture my imagination. I probably had heard one of the more sentimental songs, as opposed to something that was fun and upbeat. Well, a few years ago, I checked them out again and fell in love with the bands music. I now appreciate the slower, sentimental stuff, but my fascination with their music is definitely a culmination of my appreciation of stuff like Bottle of Smoke, Streams of Whiskey, and Wildcats of Kilkenny. The Pogues have grown to be one of my favorite groups of all-time, up there with any hardcore punk, metal, anything I can think of.

Honestly, they're one of few bands that have songs that can genuinely change my disposition from somber to happy.

I really got into The Pogues, Johnny Cash, and Frank Sinatra about 4 years ago. I just recently started to listen to Bob Dylan. I'm not sure what took me so long with all of those.

EDIT: Oh, and a little Neil Young lately too. Money's a little tight, but once he funds start to increase, I'm sure more Neil Young CDs will find their way into our household. The same can be said for Bob Dylan.

Edited by Plankton