Foo Fighters

TheArsenal

Last night was AMAZING. 86,000 people and God-damn it was incredible.

Setlist:

* Pretender

* Times Like These

* No Way Back

* Cheer Up Boys

* Learn To Fly

* This Is A Call

* Long Road To Run

* Breakout

* Stacked Actors

* Skin + Bones

* Marigold

* My Hero

* Cold Day

* But Honestly

* Everlong

* Monkeywrench

* All My Life

Encore:

* Big Me

* DOA

* Generator

* Best Of You

Seems a decent setlist. I really dislike their newest album but there doesn't seem to be all that many songs from it there. Good to see some of their older songs too. The last three prior to the encore must have been really good.

Edited by metalman

I went on the Saturday night, after my mate offered me 2 tickets a few days before the show. Couldnt believe my luck!

Quite simply the best gig i've ever been to, and probably ever will! I really cant see anything topping this. Had pretty good seats (5th row on the upper tier). Was disappointed the stage wasnt in the middle of the pitch like I expected it to be, and I can understand the thousands of fans sitting behind the stage being pissed off, as they only had one song performed their way all night (Big Me), despite the stage being able to rotate. Yes, the setlist was a bit predictable and almost identical to the O2 show in November, but this is what was needed to get the best from the fans. The crowd was amazing, and putting too many lesser-known earlier songs would have had a bad effect on the crowd i feel, as most of them were there to rock out to their most famous songs!

Few minor complaints were feeling sorry for the folks behind the stage (although thats very minor!), and at times the acoustics seemed a bit off as at times I couldnt hear any backing vocals despite being able to see Chris singing them on the screens. Also I was hoping to see My Hero being played as a proper rock song, not acoustically like at the last show I went to. Although they did do acoustic, that provided probably the 2nd best highlight of the gig with 86,000 people singing along (it sounded quality!). The best song was Best Of You, which totally blew me away with everyone singing along. And I had not heard the Led Zeppelin rumours throughout the day so i almost creamed myself when they came out and did 'Rock and Roll' (probably my favourite Led Zep song!!!) and 'Ramble On'! That was something I will never forget.

I went on the Saturday night, after my mate offered me 2 tickets a few days before the show. Couldnt believe my luck!

Quite simply the best gig i've ever been to, and probably ever will! I really cant see anything topping this. Had pretty good seats (5th row on the upper tier). Was disappointed the stage wasnt in the middle of the pitch like I expected it to be, and I can understand the thousands of fans sitting behind the stage being pissed off, as they only had one song performed their way all night (Big Me), despite the stage being able to rotate. Yes, the setlist was a bit predictable and almost identical to the O2 show in November, but this is what was needed to get the best from the fans. The crowd was amazing, and putting too many lesser-known earlier songs would have had a bad effect on the crowd i feel, as most of them were there to rock out to their most famous songs!

Few minor complaints were feeling sorry for the folks behind the stage (although thats very minor!), and at times the acoustics seemed a bit off as at times I couldnt hear any backing vocals despite being able to see Chris singing them on the screens. Also I was hoping to see My Hero being played as a proper rock song, not acoustically like at the last show I went to. Although they did do acoustic, that provided probably the 2nd best highlight of the gig with 86,000 people singing along (it sounded quality!). The best song was Best Of You, which totally blew me away with everyone singing along. And I had not heard the Led Zeppelin rumours throughout the day so i almost creamed myself when they came out and did 'Rock and Roll' (probably my favourite Led Zep song!!!) and 'Ramble On'! That was something I will never forget.

A lot of people have said there were really bad sound issues with the support acts and the first few Foos songs but everything was fine on Friday.