Leeds: "..Please?"

Blackpool: "Oh go on then."

Or as it now seems to have been.

Bates: "Can we speak to Grayson?"

Blackpool: "No."

Bates: "Alright..."

Blackpool: "Simon, Leeds wanted to... Simon?"

*Bates and Grayson put their foot down*

Edit: Oh, and the football league's Xmas present to Leeds will no doubt be another 15 point fine <_<

Edit 2: So apparently Blackpool's owner is even dodgier than Bates and pulls shit like this all the time when he doesn't get his own way. Still expecting the FL to overpunish us. :rolleyes:

Edited by Footjob Fever

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A statement on the Blackpool website confirms the club are now looking into legal action against Grayson and Leeds.

"Blackpool FC can confirm that Simon Grayson tendered his resignation on Tuesday morning," the statement read.

"The resignation was not accepted by the board of directors and the club and are now considering legal action against both Grayson and Leeds."

Oh...dear. Can Leeds not stay out of trouble, ever? :lol:

Edit 2: So apparently Blackpool's owner is even dodgier than Bates and pulls shit like this all the time when he doesn't get his own way. Still expecting the FL to overpunish us. :rolleyes:
Edited by Footjob Fever

So the defence is, he's dodgy? Looking at the facts, Leeds have appointed a man that was not granted permission to leave his previous club. It further shows just how pointless contracts are in football.

Matty Fryatt has just signed a new contract at Leicester, but does it mean he will now stay, or does it mean that Leicester will get compensation on a 22-year-old striker who goes for 3-4 million in January?

From what I understand as a Leicester fan and I hope to believe is that he is not going anywhere unless for a ludacrous amount of money. Milan Mandaric needs us back in the Premier League asap to make his investment worthwhile, Fryatt does love the club - although some fans did and still doubt him at Championship level and I do believe he feels comfortable with us and thus wants to stay. The thing about Fryatt is that he is a confidence player, when he gets on a run he will knock them in for fun - but I do feel a change of club for him now and a change of environment will not work out well, hopefully he realises that himself. The truth also is we need him at Leicester, I would hate having to replace him now - and it could cost us promotion, so I think he will stay.

So the defence is, he's dodgy? Looking at the facts, Leeds have appointed a man that was not granted permission to leave his previous club. It further shows just how pointless contracts are in football.

Matty Fryatt has just signed a new contract at Leicester, but does it mean he will now stay, or does it mean that Leicester will get compensation on a 22-year-old striker who goes for 3-4 million in January?

He resigned. They can't stop him doing that. Don't you think Grayson would have taken advice from the LMA before doing this? If it goes to court, which it probably won't, it'll merely be a matter of how much compensation they're owed... which will probably be very similar to what we offered them in the first place. From what I've heard, the owner's just a big baby and kicks up a fuss like this regularly but nothing comes of it. As for "being dodgy" being a defence, that was pretty much the entire reason we got docked 15 points and subsequently Luton, Bournemouth and Rotherham have suffered points deductions.

Contracts are pointless in football but that's not Leeds' fault, same thing happened to us 11 months ago.

Fryatt won't go, why would he? He won't want to sit on a PL bench and maybe get a Carling Cup run out. There's no benefit to him going to the Championship now when Leicester are more than likely going to be there in 6 months. If, which they could, Leicester are in the PL in 3-4 years time Matty Fryatt will probably be playing for them.

Simon Grayson's fucking brilliant. <_<

Definitely, definitely take that. We matched them at worst, and fully deserved our 1-1 draw. If we'd have won it might have been a touch unfair on Leicester but we sounded like such an improved team. Wish I'd have gone now. Not a win, but fuck it feels like one.

The way Peter Beagrie was talking sounded like you were very average today.

I was shocked to see '...Doncaster 2' appear on the screen during the first half today. I havent seen such a scoreline since May, so when it then turned into '...Doncaster 3' and '...Doncaster 4' it seemed like christmas had come back again! A HUGE win today, we could be out of the drop zone on Sunday by merely drawing. Burnley's defeat at home to Barnsley will hopefully knock their confidence, specially with a silly own goal being the winner.

The way Peter Beagrie was talking sounded like you were very average today.

I was shocked to see '...Doncaster 2' appear on the screen during the first half today. I havent seen such a scoreline since May, so when it then turned into '...Doncaster 3' and '...Doncaster 4' it seemed like christmas had come back again! A HUGE win today, we could be out of the drop zone on Sunday by merely drawing. Burnley's defeat at home to Barnsley will hopefully knock their confidence, specially with a silly own goal being the winner.

Average would be a massive improvement. We sounded better than that. I mean, Eddie Gray barely moaned, so we must have done something right; we only conceded to (what sounded like) a good goal and we looked decent defending set pieces. Sounded like we didn't create too much (the goal, a couple of dangerous crosses, Howson went close near the end, Becchio went close at one point and someone [Prutton?] hit the post), but I don't remember Leicester creating anything except the goal.

Haven't spoken to anyone who went yet, so all I'm going on is the radio but the fact we weren't 4-0 down with three goals from corners by half time is an improvement.

Another huge win! And we've won back-to-back competitive games for the first time since, well...

_44664815_coppinger203x270getty.jpg

and

_44688502_hayter_celebrate_gett226.jpg

...which was back in May. Unfortunately there is now a two week break from the league as its the FA Cup next weekend. The team that got Forest up on the last day (Cheltenham) are our opponents, who's everyone else got?

We've got Sw... oh wait no, we got beat by a pub side didn't we... I forgot. <_<

Meh, Delph's goal wasn't as impressive as it sounded but if it'd been Ronaldo we'd be seeing it until June, nice sweet finish, exactly where it was meant to be placed.

Is he (Delph) off in January? Or was that just papertalk?

Sean Confirms Hughes Interest

Doncaster Rovers boss Sean O'Driscoll today confirmed that the Club have made an approach to bring Oldham Athletic striker Lee Hughes to the Keepmoat Stadium in January.

Following Rovers' 2-1 win over fourth-placed Burnley on Sunday, Sean confirmed in the post-match press conference that he made contact with Latics' boss John Sheridan about the possibility of bringing former West Brom striker Hughes to Doncaster, with the player having a buy-out clause in his contract at Boundary Park.

That figure is around £400,000 - with the Rovers manager reluctant to spend such a high amount for the strikers' services.

On-loan striker Steve Brooker is currently recovering from a calf injury at Cantley Park in a bid to be fit enough to extend his loan spell from Bristol City, however early indications are that Brooker won't be fit until after the transfer window opens, leading to Rovers looking elsewhere to strengthen striking options.

Hughes has been forming a decent partnership with on-loan striker Darren Byfield as of late, so if he comes in and we bring Byfield back after his loan, we could have a ready made partnership for next month! Brooker coming back is also good news, if he can stay fit. He currently has a 100% goals-per-game percentage for us after all.

Is he (Delph) off in January? Or was that just papertalk?

Sean Confirms Hughes Interest

Doncaster Rovers boss Sean O'Driscoll today confirmed that the Club have made an approach to bring Oldham Athletic striker Lee Hughes to the Keepmoat Stadium in January.

Following Rovers' 2-1 win over fourth-placed Burnley on Sunday, Sean confirmed in the post-match press conference that he made contact with Latics' boss John Sheridan about the possibility of bringing former West Brom striker Hughes to Doncaster, with the player having a buy-out clause in his contract at Boundary Park.

That figure is around £400,000 - with the Rovers manager reluctant to spend such a high amount for the strikers' services.

On-loan striker Steve Brooker is currently recovering from a calf injury at Cantley Park in a bid to be fit enough to extend his loan spell from Bristol City, however early indications are that Brooker won't be fit until after the transfer window opens, leading to Rovers looking elsewhere to strengthen striking options.

Hughes has been forming a decent partnership with on-loan striker Darren Byfield as of late, so if he comes in and we bring Byfield back after his loan, we could have a ready made partnership for next month! Brooker coming back is also good news, if he can stay fit. He currently has a 100% goals-per-game percentage for us after all.

Far from confirmed, but it's strongly rumoured, Liverpool, Arsenal, Scum, Citeh, Spurs, Newcastle, Middlesborough, Sunderland, Hull and West Brom are just some of the names he's been linked with. Most Leeds fans are hoping that he'd rather be playing regularly than rotting in the reserves or sat on the bench at a PL club. If we don't go up this year, he's gone defintely, though, he'll definitely be ready for the CCC next year if he isn't already.

Fortunately, we're in the position that we don't need to sell for the first time in... umm... I actually can't remember :shifty: So if Delph does go it'll be at the price we want, or close to it (believed to be 7m with lots of bonuses for England caps and such). Unfortunately, any money we get from his sale will go on buying our ground and training facilities back...

bwahahahahahahah fantastic.

So after taking Wigan from the bottom football league to the Premiership where he had one average season in the Premiership followed by near relegation he couldn't take Wigan any further forward. Then after immediately going down with Derby and not turning them around at all in the Championship, he can't take them any further forward.

So what is his level of coaching then?