The Official Coca-Cola Leagues Thread

Adam

Well if they're good enough to get you two successive promotions, that's good enough for me ;)

Although I don't think we have that many any more, there's only Steve Foster and Ricky Ravenhill who are first-team regulars (and excellent ones at that). Tim Ryan and Gregg Blundell are both on the fringes. I hear Blundell was once a half-decent striker :o Thankfully Penney seems to have got over his hard-on for ex-Doncaster players, which is good because I don't want to see players of the ilk of Marc Albrighton and Craig Nelthorpe in a Darlington shirt ever again.

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I almost went to the game yesterday as well as I haven't been in ages. Gonna have to get myself there at least once this season.

I was half asleep in my chair watching Soccer Saturday and couldn't believe we had 4 before the half hour mark.

So Martin Ling's left Leyton Orient. Disappointing to see a manager who took them up and kept them up have to go, but them's the breaks.

Yeah, but he's a cunt anyway.

Peterborough saturday... Might go, might not, can't decide.

A couple of big moves in the Championship going through late yesterday-Reading have signed Jay Tabb from Coventry, and Jamie Ward has left League 2 Chesterfield for Sheffield United.

Reports seem to indicate that we will be bringing in Lee Hughes if victory is secured in tonight's FA Cup Replay at home to Cheltenham.

We've now won four on the trot in the league and are unbeaten in 7 across all competitions. Oh, and we're finally out of the bottom three at the expense of Derby! Things are looking up for the Rovers!

lol. You're interested in sign Kilkenny, good luck, his skills include moaning about not being passed to, pointing at things and passing backwards or sideways (but never more than 5 metres). Twice a season you'll get a top quality performance out of him, where he'll set up a few goals with inch perfect passing, other than that he'll slow the game down and achieve the some total of fuck all.

You'd better hope he goes to Brighton rather than you; although you may be in luck, if the rumours are true it's his kinda town.

Dean Shiels from Hibernian is in Doncaster tonight to agree terms, a huge signing if we pull it off. I dunno if any of our scottish fans ever venture into this thread, but if so, what's your opinion of him? He's supposed to be a really good player from what I've heard.

EDIT: And Ive heard mixed opinions on Kilkenny, I remember you nicking him from under our nose this time last season. I'll not complain if he signs but the only reason we'd need him is if Stock or Wellens leave and I really don't wanna see that.

Edited by 1PWCorino

Dean Shiels from Hibernian is in Doncaster tonight to agree terms, a huge signing if we pull it off. I dunno if any of our scottish fans ever venture into this thread, but if so, what's your opinion of him? He's supposed to be a really good player from what I've heard.

EDIT: And Ive heard mixed opinions on Kilkenny, I remember you nicking him from under our nose this time last season. I'll not complain if he signs but the only reason we'd need him is if Stock or Wellens leave and I really don't wanna see that.

There's a myth that because he pops up with an assist once every 2 months that he's some awesome playmaker, it's no coincidence that our form with Kilkenny this season is something like 6-3-5 and without him it's 9-2-2 (I'm just guessing at those figures, but I did see them the other day and they're pretty similar to that). 99.99% of his contribution to the game consists of moaning, wandering around, slowing play down to a ridiculous level and passing sidewards or backwards.

I'll pay for his taxi if you sign him.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone going to be watching some real football tonight? Millwall are playing against Leeds <_< I was going to go, then they moved the game to Monday night and put it on TV but kept the price at £26... Nah, I'm okay thanks Mr. Bates, I'll watch it for free at home :shifty:

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah you look like staying up... which is a shame because I want to play you again :shifty: Although to be fair, somehow, it looks as though we're in contention for the playoffs - damn the league must suck this year if we've caught them up given how far back we were with our stop and go form.