Mock the Week

FireDoughnut

Holy crap this is old.

I just wanted to say that I really, really dislike "Between The Lines" because I can remember maybe two times Hugh Dennis made me laugh - both with Frankie as David Cameron) - "I have taken steps to ensure I will be the next Prime Minister", "Dear Jimmy..."; then "I have put the Tories back where we belong", "Third in two by-elections!" Also Andy is rarely good, Russell is amazing and if they could get one of Michael McIntyre and David Mitchell on every week, I'd be happy. Also, more Lucy Porter. Or Jo Caulfield.

Between the lines is shit, yeah. I don't particularly like Russell Howard though. I much prefer that bald dude.

Dude, just no. Russell Howard > Stubbing Your Toe > Shitting Yourself > Andy Parsons

EDIT: Also I already know some of the jokes Frankie is going to use on the first show since he debuted them a few nights ago at a stand-up gig in Glasgow. They weren't very good.

Edited by ADGray

This thread being bumped up reminds me, I was wondering the other day when the new series starts, does anyone know?

And I like Between the Lines, Hugh is usually pretty funny in it, although I don't remember them doing it for ages.

Between the lines is shit, yeah. I don't particularly like Russell Howard though. I much prefer that bald dude.

Dude, just no. Russell Howard > Stubbing Your Toe > Shitting Yourself > Andy Parsons

EDIT: Also I already know some of the jokes Frankie is going to use on the first show since he debuted them a few nights ago at a stand-up gig in Glasgow. They weren't very good.

I'm not sure what Russell Howard or Andy Parsons would be like in a full live show (I like Sean Lock on 8/10, but his live show is turd) but I just prefer Andy Parsons on MTW.

There are times when Russell Howard is laughing when he's saying something, and when it turns out to be completely unfunny, I'm just like " :huh: ".

Saw Frankie Boyle live. He wasn't very good. The only jokes he used are ones he used on MTW. And he swears a lot.

>_>

However, Russell Howard was quite good live. And Dara O'Briain is just excellent.

And I echo Be's desire to see more of David Mitchell and Lucy Porter on MTW. I exclude Michael McIntyre, brilliant though he is, because with all his other TV work at the moment I don't want to suffer over-exposure. And Lucy Porter is mainly because I find her hawt more than anything. :shifty:

I want more Alan Cochrane, Rhod Gilbert, Lauren Laverne and Fiona Allen, who looked HOT AS FUCK the one time she was on the show.

Also, get that scouser who did the story about the fridge on "Michael McIntyre's Comedy Roadshow" a few weeks back, on...he's a funny fucker.

Oh, wiki claims;

EPISODE 1 - Gina Yashere and Frank Skinner

EPISODE 2 - Rhod Gilbert and Tom Stade (who was awesome on MMCR, doing his shtick about the 'meat van')

EPISODE 3 - Greg Davies and Lucy Porter

GOod selection to be fair. HATE...HATE...Gina Yashere, but occasionally she can come out with a good quip for an episode.

Edited by YI

And Lucy Porter is mainly because I find her hawt more than anything. :shifty:

That's something to be shifty about? She's all petite and elfin and so cute it hurts at times. Other times, like this, she's just (to quote YI, it sounds like something he'd say) spunkworthy. Handcuffs and an angel outfit, can she push my buttons or what?

That's probably more information than you needed, but like I care.

Also, get that scouser who did the story about the fridge on "Michael McIntyre's Comedy Roadshow" a few weeks back, on...he's a funny fucker.

I'm going to say that was...Jason Manford? If so, then yeah, I thought he was quite good and he was also decent on Live At The Apollo.

Also, the pale red and pale green colours Wiki uses to denote which team won? Not so great for somebody who's red-green colourblind.

Edited by Be

I'm going to say that was...Jason Manford? If so, then yeah, I thought he was quite good and he was also decent on Live At The Apollo.

Yeah, it was the Manford one...who I generally find 'okay', but Manford was fucking shit and easily the worst comic on. The Geordie woman was GREAT for a woman, her delivery was epic (I think it's the accent, cos Laverne even though she's not a 'comic' has the delivery as well), and the bloke with the moustache on about cleaning with cats/getting his dog drunk/fancying his daughters friends was great too. Manford...just, no.

Turns out the guy's called John Bishop.

Also, fingers crossed for the LEAST AMOUNT of Jo Caulfield possible...her and Gina Yashere make me weep. :( At least Yashere occasionally makes a good 'I'm Black' joke (throw enough shit some sticks), Caulfield is just not funny in the slightest.

Porter's cute as hell...her delivery really irks me (as it does with most women), but she's cutesy-cutesy, so it works.

Edited by YI

Yeah, it was the Manford one...who I generally find 'okay', but Manford was fucking shit and easily the worst comic on. The Geordie woman was GREAT for a woman, her delivery was epic (I think it's the accent, cos Laverne even though she's not a 'comic' has the delivery as well), and the bloke with the moustache on about cleaning with cats/getting his dog drunk/fancying his daughters friends was great too. Manford...just, no.

Turns out the guy's called John Bishop.

Also, fingers crossed for the LEAST AMOUNT of Jo Caulfield possible...her and Gina Yashere make me weep. :( At least Yashere occasionally makes a good 'I'm Black' joke (throw enough shit some sticks), Caulfield is just not funny in the slightest.

Porter's cute as hell...her delivery really irks me (as it does with most women), but she's cutesy-cutesy, so it works.

Ye Gina Yashere was shite on tonights new one, as was Andy Parsons. Frankie was on form as usual, and for some reason "Tatty Bojangles" is a hugely funny phrase for tits

They got some damn good stuff out of Michael Jackson tonight

Its something to do with Gina Yashere's delivery that irks me. Not that she says anything funny really, but she never delivers a line in a funny way.

And yeah, the tatty bojangles thing made me laugh probably more than it should have done.

At least Gina didn't resort to a "blah blah blah...no, because I'm in Peckham" joke. Skinner was good and I didn't think Andy was as bad as normal. He should really be banned from taking part in the Wheel of News round, though.

Also, no matter how many times I watch it I will never stop laughing at the joke about Richard Hammond trying to remember his own wedding day being an anti-speed advert, particularly because Dara's reaction is picture-perfect.

Edited by Be

The Frankie joke that ALWAYS gets me (partly because even he cracks up at the end) is the "Things You Wouldn't Want A New President To Say" (or something similar) and his "I have a fantastic war record...it's Pipes Of Peace by Paul McCartney"...even just thinking about it has me giggling.

And Andy Parsons was quite good, although he was fucking TERRIBLE in the wheel round...a joke he's used twice before (I mean even Frankie's repeated jokes, but fuck it, 3-times is taking the piss) and a really shit one...meh.

Edited by YI

Oh dear Lord. The round of Scenes We'd Like To See "Things You Didn't Hear At The Olympics" may be my favourite thing they've ever done. For people who haven't seen it - Andy Parsons started with "And it's gold for Ireland!" and got buzzed. Every single time he went up to the mic for that round, he got buzzed two words in and it was bloody hysterical

I must say that for some reason I wasn't feeling this weeks. Which is a first. It wasn't bad, it was only above meh, which is a step down from the usual awesomeness they've had week in, week out for the past 4 years or whatever.

• 1 month later...