Madden '09

Cactus Drags

I played a game against Dallas as the Eagles using unlimited rewinds. Only used 2. One of them came when, while scrambling around with McNabb behind the line, I hit square to pass to Curtis...and McNabb proceeded to dive and be touched down 10 yard behind the line...

Next game was against P-burg...sacked Big Ben 3 times and picked him off twice..and my passing defence when down at the end of the game... o_O

Edited by Lint6

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have left the Rewind at its default of 1, and I have used them to make the CPU redo touchdown throws and stuff. I get great joy out of taking a touchdown away, then watching them get sacked.

Also, best thing ever is playing against my brother and using that on him when he scores.

Edited by Toe

I noyl did it that one game because I was having a tough time learning how to play down. It seems like, when it comes to the run game, they put too much emphasis on the use of the highlight stick...I have that...I'd much rather use the spin and stiff arm buttonsthen the highlight stick. The next game against P-burgh i kept it at 1 rewind, and used it to redo a down when Ben threw the ball to Hines Ward, who caught the ball 40 yard downfield...out of bounds...and it was upheld on review...

Oh yeah, I have noticed that with the highlight stick. When I just wiggle it back and forth, sometimes I just bust open gigantic runs. You can't just truck one guy and pick up 5 yards every time because of the new animations that allow you to be tackled mid animation.

the rewind is cheap and lame dunno why you guys would use it. I find the running hard to, the IQ has my run offense set too high but I do good enough where it doesn't drop down. I prefer spin or stiff arm, also oh well. I'm best at just going deep to steve smith anyway :D

Edited by mystikz

The rewind prevents me from turning the game off. Sometimes when I play Madden or NCAA, a fumble or interception will make me so angry that I quit. Now, I just rewind it. I only use one a game, and it makes the experience much more enjoyable.

I kinda wish they had the rewind in NCAA. When I first got it for PS3, I was tryingt to adapt from being a 360 NCAA/Madden player. You have any idea how many times I hit R1 to throw to a receiver (like it was on 360), only to throw the ball away..still in the pocket...and get an intentional grounding penalty...

They don't let you switch the WR buttons, so I couldn't even switch it to the more familiar R(B)1 WR, L(B)1 throw away...

I kinda wish they had the rewind in NCAA. When I first got it for PS3, I was tryingt to adapt from being a 360 NCAA/Madden player. You have any idea how many times I hit R1 to throw to a receiver (like it was on 360), only to throw the ball away..still in the pocket...and get an intentional grounding penalty...

They don't let you switch the WR buttons, so I couldn't even switch it to the more familiar R(B)1 WR, L(B)1 throw away...

I know that I did THE EXACT SAME THING over and over and over. I did it freakin' yesterday.

yea..5th season of my dynasty and I did it again too..still not totally used to it

I'm not using rewind during my franchise for realism's sake, but it does spice up multiplayer a bit. Like, I had a pick 6 or something against Ad the other day and it was called back. Infuriating, but it makes it all the more enjoyable when you do the same to them.

On the whole, I'm struggling with the running game, but I have managed to bust a couple of 14-16 yard gains with Matt Forte. Against the Chiefs. In preseason. It still counts, honest.

587, the defense drills let me down. Why no strafe?

I think I got like 620 when I did it on the demo, so I either did it worse this time around, or they changed it up some. My actual IQ now is 477 after playing a few games.

Oh, and I found out what the patch does:

1. Changed default quarter length of online leagues to 5 minutes.

2. Solved a very rare stability issue that occurred when using a couple of playbooks.

3. Eliminated a button mashing glitch during high latency online games.

4. Eliminated a stability issue that sometimes occurred while viewing the player HUB in online leagues.

5. Fixed a tricky disc eject glitch that occurred at specific points of online games.

6. Kick Return Tuning - made improvements to help reduce frequent long kick returns.

7. Safety Tuning - eliminated issue where safeties in deep zone coverage would sometimes not react to a run to their side.

8. The game skill slider for interceptions was tuned to amplify it’s affect.

Which is fair enough, but I'd rather they focus on fixing the Franchise freezing problems first.

Just a quick question.... I'm completely new to Madden on the 360. I played it a lot for ps2, but I just got a 360 last month.

I haven't played franchise mode extensively. I did try one year with the Lions and simmed the first year (for me the first season starts when I've done my offseason thing and I have the team I put together a bit...plus the team sucks right now). Now when simming, I didn't do any of the training exercises between weeks. Not a single player ever improved at all. Is this the way it's supposed to be? are the training exercises mandatory? and has anyone else had this problem?

I mean every single player on my team was exactly the same rating for the 2009-2010 season as they were for the 2008-2009 season.

If anyone can offer any advice (or let me know that i just got a freak season), I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

Playing Franchise and simming the games seems kind of pointless to me, but meh, different strokes. As for progression there's a bit of a debate raging. There was an IGN article showing a pretty decent progression/regression system, but a lot of people seem to be reporting that no one seems to progress. This seems especially true if you edit a player for whatever reason. One suggestion is that overall ratings don't change dramatically, but rather particular attributes depending on gameplay. So I guess it could be possible that because you didn't actually play, the progression doesn't work properly, but that's presuming the theory is correct.

I mostly supersim franchise games and make adjustment when needed, I see it as more of a management mode, as I can't get Headcoach. I only train promising rookies too, anybody else seems a bit pointless. For example I'm grooming recently acquired Matt Ryan into a world class quarterback and then eventually trade Eli for a 1st round pick down the line, in my Giants franchise. Thats my favourite part, watching rookies grow.