Madden '09

Cactus Drags

Wait until UK release date at least, I'd give it till next week to set up a league. Maybe start taking sign-ups. But me and Ad are away on holiday from August 30-September something-or-other, so any league's going to be delayed anyway, amy as well wait till we're back.

As for that "review", that reaks of anti-EA fanboy.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This version of Madden, looks like a PS2 version maybe a large scale PSP version. No lie. I was very disappointed in it's appearance, presentation and gameplay. It is playable, but there is no "wow" factor.

Honestly NFL 2K5 looks better in 480p than Madden 09 looks in 720p, 1080i, 1080p.

This line right here should kill any credibility this "review" had. There's being critical and then there's being a silly douchebag fanboy who can't get over the fact that EA was smart enough to lock in the NFL before someone else did. For fuck's sake, the NFL wanted an exclusive deal with someone, it wasn't big evil EA looking to put 2kSports out of business, they were just protecting their most valuable franchise.

Furthermore, getting pissed about it is retarded in the first place because this is nothing new. How many publishers have a Spider-Man, X-Men, Fantastic Four, or Iron Man license? One... Activision. How many publishers have a WWE license? One... THQ. This is the way the video game business, and most other businesses work.

Oh yeah I knew it was bound to happen, I just like that it was someone who clearly went out of their way to get it early.

The title of it was "After 20 Years, Its Still The Same Old Madden"

Seriously, its a football game, at a certain point you can't add anymore.

I've been getting Madden for my PS2 in the past, but I think I'm going with the PC version this time. Mainly because I want the roster updates and don't use my PS2 online.

One change I wish they'd make is being able to use custom playbooks with created teams. Either that, or a hack for it. Its damn stupid when you make up an original team but have to use a real team's playbook.

Alternate cover is a full slip case you can put over or in place of the original cover. Has whats printed the back of the box attached to it too. Its over on EAsports.com