Madden '09

Cactus Drags

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what do we think they're going to do about the cover? Its the first time they've ever got someone on it in the wrong uniform. Being that its probably too far alonng to stop the first batch, I'd assume they'll be reprinting the covers with Brett as a Jet for their second major shipments.

EDIT: Apparently they're claiming their going to leave it as it, making it I think the only sports game to ever feature a cover athelete in the wrong uniform

Edited by Maxx

I don't see it as much of a problem. They chose Favre because he was celebrating 20 years in (and a supposed retirement from) the NFL - to co-incide with 20 years of the Madden franchise. So why not have the uniform of the team where he spent those 20 years? Ok, I know it's not how most people, or the Madden franchise, would have picked it, but now that it's happened, it's not too bad.

Yeah, I don't think it's really that big of a deal at all. I assumed they weren't going to change it as it's still fairly late in the game to try and change it for the second batch of shipments anyways. They would still have to design it (and pay the guy to re-do it lol) and then I don't know how long it usually takes to get everything set and printed so I'd imagine that EA would be running around like chickens with their heads cut off to get everything done.

And unfortunately I don't have a system at the moment so it looks like no Madden for me. Which sucks, because I love playing Madden. :(

They're not changing the retail cover, but the easports.com site will be offering downloadable artwork with Favre as a Jet, which can be printed and slipped inside your case. They're also planning to have a roster update out on release day, adding Favre and making any other roster changes that need to be made.

*Reserves Madden* THANK GOD!

Um...k

Do people actually reverse Madden? I've found it launches with enough copies that I don't have to worry about reserving it, I can just walk in and buy it.

Yeah, I was bummed about there being no swag. I sent my brother to Best Buy to preorder it for me, and it broke my damn heart when I called him from work and asked him what free shit we get with it only to find out that you get nothing. I want cheat codes for Triple H's other outfit damnit!

Yeah usually I've been able to get it either on the day of or shortly after it was released so that comes as quite a shock to me that you would have to preorder it. I suppose, though, that if you live in a small enough town, etc.