Madden '09

Cactus Drags

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to be really annoyed if they haven't/don't fix the freezing problems that plagued 08. I loved franchise mode, played it all the time and just when my game was getting really interesting the piece of crap started freezing all the time, absolutely ridiculous.

I know how you feel. I forgot to save my Falcons dynasty this year, playing two games a season they were in contention in the third year with Matt Ryan leading the MVP chase then all the sudden :crying:

Anyone with the collector's edition - is Head Coach really worth it, along with the extra content? Or should I just stick with the regular one? Also, are you able to re-align the conferences (to make them more geographic, or set them up as East/West)

I really like the improvements but I was really sad that they didn't even touch the Create a Team mode. It's one of my favorite things to do and it has the exact same problems as last years because all they did is touch up the graphics. They didn't even bother to add more logo's or stadium options. Oh well, I'll make due.

I was totally able to recreate the almost-team of the Springfield Meltdowns and they came out fantastic.

What I don't like is how horribly flawed NFL Moments is in the sense that... you get a Green Bay Moment from last year and guess who is starting? Aaron Rodgers! That isn't right at all.

To be fair, this could just be an accurate portrayal, but the Lions and Bears combining for 37 yards on 24 yards does not not make for an interesting game. Also, the onside kick exploit is still effective.

Also, unrealistic! Devin Hester not able to return a punt or kickoff for a touchdown in two consecutive games? Fuck off >_>

Edited by Dragsy

I was totally able to recreate the almost-team of the Springfield Meltdowns and they came out fantastic.

What I don't like is how horribly flawed NFL Moments is in the sense that... you get a Green Bay Moment from last year and guess who is starting? Aaron Rodgers! That isn't right at all.

It runs off your the roster you have loaded, so if you want to use Favre, just throw him on the Packers before you do it

To be fair, this could just be an accurate portrayal, but the Lions and Bears combining for 37 yards on 24 yards does not not make for an interesting game. Also, the onside kick exploit is still effective.

Also, unrealistic! Devin Hester not able to return a punt or kickoff for a touchdown in two consecutive games? Fuck off >_>

I dunno...in 3 games of my Eagles franchise, Westbrook only have, MAYBE, 75 yards rushing

That was frustrating, I start up a franchise with the Cowboys and the game freezes near the end of the 1st quarter of my first pre-season game against the Chargers. Marion Barber had put me up by a touchdown and DeMarcus Ware had intercepted Phillip Rivers on their first play too :(

I found a way to make the Madden IQ work.....instead of doing the test just skip it in the beginning and once you play a game it wont be as hard to run and stuff as opposed to if you would have done the test

I can't run worth crap in the game. Maybe its the AI being smart though - I am playing with the Bills so my main weapon is Lynch and since I insist on starting "Sexy Boy" JP Losman, I have to run the ball almost every down.

I have switched back and forth in my dynasty between Losman and Edwards. With Losman, I make a bunch of short passes, get overconfident, then bomb one downfield for Evans and it gets intercepted. With Edwards, I play well for 3 quarters, then I get chased from the pocket and either throw the ball to the defenders or get sacked and fumble. At least I am 2-0 with Losman. I lost my game against Jacksonville in the last quarter after throwing my second pick with Edwards. Worst part was that it was tied 10-10 with less then a minute left and I was on the Jacksonville 23 when it happened (they had their timeouts left, thats why I wasnt burning clock).

Edited by Toe