Madden '09

Cactus Drags

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or go to 7/11 and buy a sandwich, bag of doritos and a big gulp for $6 and get the demo free!

That's a different demo, from a build pre-dating the community events in May, or something.

I've just realised why I actually can't wait for Madden this year. Since AD broke '08, I haven't actually played an NFL game this year. Other than Blitz, and as good as that is, it's no sim.

Blitz 2 looks good though, if the gameplay's as good as the cinematics in the trailer at least <_<

He said the offseason.

oops.

Might as well add to the discussion here....is anyone else getting Head Coach?

I may go shell out for the Madden Collector's Edition with Head Coach bundled in. Hopefully, this one turns out better than the first one...mine was a buggy piece of shit. I'm using the Vikings, and for my first preseason game...I see the Broncos and Rams, and can't do anything to get out of it but turn off the system. I'm leery, but I'll give it one more try.

Rev Theory: Hey Yeah

Seriously, EA's gotten this ridiculous about keeping the music clean that we can't even say "Hell Yeah?" I thought it was ridiculous enough when they censored the "crawling into bed with me" lyric from Fall Out Boy.

He said the offseason.

oops.

Might as well add to the discussion here....is anyone else getting Head Coach?

I may go shell out for the Madden Collector's Edition with Head Coach bundled in. Hopefully, this one turns out better than the first one...mine was a buggy piece of shit. I'm using the Vikings, and for my first preseason game...I see the Broncos and Rams, and can't do anything to get out of it but turn off the system. I'm leery, but I'll give it one more try.

Don't worry, it didn't get much better after that. Your QBs generally only looked to their first reciever, then threw to him whether he was open or not. It was a good idea in concept but the execution, particularly the actual coaching of the game was pretty bad

I'm interested in Head Coach, as it seems to be a vast improvement over the original. Alas, I have no means of getting it. The stupid thing is, from what I've read, it takes an extra effort to region-lock a game, so EA (and 2k/Sony with their baseball games) are taking an extra step to prevent anyone outside America playing these games. I could understand if they were releasing a region-specific version, but they're not. Why do themselves out of sales?

And before anyone suggests it, fuck buying a PS3.

Edited by Dragsy

Rev Theory: Hey Yeah

Seriously, EA's gotten this ridiculous about keeping the music clean that we can't even say "Hell Yeah?" I thought it was ridiculous enough when they censored the "crawling into bed with me" lyric from Fall Out Boy.

The main reason I play EA games these days is to see what they will censor.

Because it was called Exes and Ohs! Like the coaching diagrams!

I liked when they censored Misery Business on NHL '08, and masked out the word whore with hour or body or something (it was from the line "body like an hourglass"), it just ruins the meaning. One from Burnout, on Senses Fail's Calling All Cars, they repeat the line "and do your best to forget my name" instead of it playing "so take what I left you for the pain". Stupid.