Music for certain weather

PkmnTrainerJ

When it was raining really heavily the other day, I had to put on "Feel Like Rain" by Motion City Soundtrack, "1,000 Words" by Koda Kumi (the one ripped from FFX-2 with the rain and thunder noises) and then "Cry Me A River" by lostprophets to keep up the raining thing.

Any music you use to suit the type of weather?

Jack's Mannequin is summer music of the highest order. Gaslight Anthem's stuff is total summer music too - "Sink Or Swim" is music for blaring in a convertable, with the roof down, as you drive along the coastline, kind of music..."The '59 Sound" is chilling on the beach/on the grass near a stream/river, music.

I also find Electric President/Radical Face and the new RickoLus to be 'winter' tunes. Everything's just so luscious and slightly 'bleak'. They're the musical equivalent (Radical Face and RickoLus especially) of sitting next to a fireplace in a cabin in the woods.

Edited by YI

On a train back from Middlesborough one time, it was pouring with rain so I switched to The Field's "From Here We Go to Sublime" and it just fit so perfectly as I was gazing out of the window. Burial's "Untrue" is a similar album and great when you're travelling at night.

Will Smith. Especially Summertime and Miami. And Fresh Prince.

"November Rain" by GNR during November, which in this lovely part of the world ( <_< ) is typically raining in November. And July seemingly too.

'Sit Down. Stand Up.' by Radiohead is actually the ultimate rain song. Sorry to piss on y'all's parade.

I take your Sit Down. Stand Up and raise you one 'Let it Rain' by East 17. For the winnah!

nine inch nails themed.

snow: "and all that could have been"

rain: the instrumentals from "still"

and when it's a beautiful day, i like to have all my windows down and just cruise through the country to stuff like "1,000,000" or "Letting You" from their new album.