What was the last show..

Guest Offbeat Bareass

Guest Offbeat Bareass

That you really were pumped for? I am talking bought the tickets the first minute of pre-sale, showed up hours early, and counted down the days to. 311 comes to town this Friday, the second time I am seeing them this year, and I am very excited.

How about you? Any recently?

Man, this is the second time I've seen you post about 311, and both times I've gone to 90's British Pop Sensation, 911 in my head, and wondered why you loved them so much.

Now I know that's not who you mean, I guess we can be friends.

The last time I got really excited for a show was uhhh Gatecrasher festival I guess.

Saw Prodigy, Pendulum, Audiobullies, Scroobius Pip. A good time was had by all (read: me)

Guest Offbeat Bareass

Wow.

I would have to ban myself if I enjoyed that video...

... okay I may have snapped my fingers once or twice. <_<

311! :w00t:

Never heard of the bands you speak of, except maybe Prodigy. Refer me to some songs sometime.

You definitely know Prodigy. I'm not a huge fan or anything, but was quite excited to see them. Anticipated a good live show and they delivered.

Out of Space: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7edztkuz5o

Rhythm of Life: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSsuPQoP9AM

Firestarter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28ow4TLMTqM

Smack my Bitch Up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2Gv3X-iyR8

Breath: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kbW4ibIF8U

Uhm, Pendulum are a Drum n Bass act that's had some crossover into the rock/metal world. They're the current babyfaces of DnB.

Granite:

Audiobullys got over in Britain based on this one song... but they're fucking awesome.

My Baby Shot Me Down:

Heh. Basically it just looks like I love Dance Music with Guitars? I suppose that's kind of accurate, but I don't really think about it that way.

Scroobius Pip is basically my mancrush. Poetry + Electronica = Awesome.

Thou Shalt Always Kill:

Beat That My Heart Skipped:

Astronaught:

It's wierd. I still consider myself a metal head at heart.

It'd have to be Reuben, when me and my Uni mate decided to catch them on the first and last nights of the Two by Three tour (Birmingham and London) in May. Turned out to be the last ever gig, which is kind of cool, but more horrible, horrible.

I was looking forward to A Wilhelm Scream in August on a boat in Bristol, but it's turned into such a fucking hassle now because I can't find anyone to go with, and it may be a nightmare travelwise, it might be easier to just sell the tickets :/

Edited by Dragsy

Guest Offbeat Bareass

Okay, typing this as I listen to a few songs.

Wow, I totally forgot about Prodigy.

This Pendulum song is pretty boss. I like the sound. I'll check out more.

Audio Bullys. I absolutely LOVE the original song, and it was a bit techno for my taste, but still had me jiving.

And everybody Scroobius Pip mentions in the first verse of Thou Shalt Always Kill I marked out for. It's a bit experimental for my taste at first.. but I can sense a sort of "it's growing on me" quality. Good find.

Songs you should listen to, I think, that you MAY like:

Wake Your Mind Up by 311. More metal-ey.

by Hamell on Trial. Not at all techno, but great lyrics over hard-hitting acoustics.

EDIT: I edited in which song I was talking about for Scroobius Pip, my bad.

Edited by Offbeat Bareass

Guest Offbeat Bareass
Bonnaroo 08. It's a pretty massive party, what's not to get excited for?

I just looked over that lineup. Wow.

Pearl Jam, Jack Johnson, Kayne West, Chris Rock, The Raconteurs, Death Cab, B.B. King, Umphrey's McGee, Stephen Marley, Talib Kweli, Rilo Kiley.. it goes on and on. I would be excited too.

Guest Offbeat Bareass
All 5 times I've seen the Mars Volta live I've gotten tix as soon as i could and gotten into full hype mode. I'm going to see Opeth in September too, counting down the days until that one.

I saw Mars Volta with RHCP and I must say.. they were awful.

It may have just been the acoustics in the arena.. but it was just noise, could not understand anything.

TMV are pretty hit or miss live, from the bootlegs I've gathered over the years. Cedric and the boys have their nights when they're spot on, and then sometimes it's just awful.

In about a month I'm supposed to go see Nine Inch Nails supported by Deerhunter in Knoxville. :w00t:

Edited by Tristy

TMV are pretty hit or miss live, from the bootlegs I've gathered over the years. Cedric and the boys have their nights when they're spot on, and then sometimes it's just awful.

Will be seeing them tomorrow. :D

Going with my brothers flatmate, so I'm pretty sure I'm going to be totally off my tits (seeing as his first words to me were "Want some speed?"...which I politely declined), so I'm guessing, they'll be awesome. :shifty:

Edited by YI

The Victor Wooten Band, Jazz Cafe, London.

I was counting down every fooking hour! :D

Love the guy.

Worlds BEST bassist. EVER. FACT.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pfKnzpnRcGU

I was stood just underneath and to the left of this video.

Right in front of REGI WOOTEN, the guitarist. :D