Official Premiership 2008/09 thread

Lineker

I like Rob Green, he's a solid keeper. And lets not forget that didn't David James just concede ten goals in a week? Green's the sort of keeper who'll have no problems coming back from a bad game, unlike others who seem to dwell on them. I wouldn't be concerned if he was named in the starting eleven.

Hell, it's not like Kazakhstan are going to be a major threat going forward.

Goodnight Hammy, tell me how the Championship is next year while we're in the Champ League finals.

Third in the Premiership for the next two weeks. Can we play in London every week?

The highlight of the Hull win was our boys chanting "Are you Arsenal in disguise?" to Tottenjew and cheering Fraizer Campbell.

Edited by Kou

Poor Spurs fans, being mocked by Newcastle supporters. And it's the only people they can mock really, what with you both being Champions League teams <_<

If you're refering to me I am a HULL HULL HULL :@@

Dave Kitson hates life up north at Stoke and wants to leave already.

I think we should sign him for Spurs. He can actually score goals, he's passionate AND he's a ginger.

Stoke are down near us so it's not really moving in the wrong direction for him. He's also a Spurs fan so without doubt he'd come and we'd get him cheap.

I'm being serious here, he'd ACTUALLY add some quality up front for us.

I imagine that if they were to implement a rule of Bad Debt = No European Competitions For You, those clubs with billionaire owners would simply go "le sigh" and cough up. Though of course, they're also talking about preventing billionaire owners from buying clubs in the future. Frankly, I don't think they'll be happy until the Champions League consists of clubs like Kettering and Darlington by process of elimination. :shifty:

I imagine that if they were to implement a rule of Bad Debt = No European Competitions For You, those clubs with billionaire owners would simply go "le sigh" and cough up. Though of course, they're also talking about preventing billionaire owners from buying clubs in the future. Frankly, I don't think they'll be happy until the Champions League consists of clubs like Kettering and Darlington by process of elimination. :shifty:

It's billionaires bank-rolling clubs that they are against. They want clubs to be sustainable and if they take on debt it should be manageable and set up in a prudent way concerning repayment, like Arsenal have done with the Emirates Stadium debt, and other clubs do. The whole idea of Abramovic-esque financing is what they are against.

This just in, Hull the only premiership side without debt. SO FUCK YOU ALL. *rolls in money*

Whist I am no accountant, I know Blackburn have very little if any debt. Sure, it makes us poor not to have any out-standing loans but you can't have everything. >_>