Official Premiership 2008/09 thread

Lineker

It's typical of you guys to bitch and moan because of a penalty decision that goes against you. Seriously, in my opinion it was the right call. Of course despite the fact we then score three perfectly good goals and suddenly make Tottenham look laughable, we're still only apparently winning thanks to Webb.

Personally, I don't care. We could score from a handball 95th minute goal if that means winning this important game. Love our spirit. Really poor first half, second half we're finally looking like the proper United.

Sheeeze. 4 goals in 15 minutes. I don't care if the penalty was a bad call or not, that's still inexcusable.

Imagine you're a team who have gone to Old Trafford on the top of an amazing run, you've not lost to a top four team all season in the league and you've not won at Old Trafford since Gary Lineker scored the winner in the old Division 1.

You weather the early storm, play some excellent football and through great ability and by outplaying the home team you go 2-0 up at half time, defending well to round out the half. You're no doubt intensely focussed on the job in hand, utterly on the peak of your mental stress.

You start the second half okay, a half you know will bring 45 minutes of hard Man Utd attacking.

Your goalkeeper comes out, makes an EXCELLENT touch save against the opposing player, great stop. Whooo, maybe you start applauding him, you're still hyped.

Then the ref blows the whistle and gives a blatant home decision penalty.

Now yeah, letting in another three after is bad but, mentally that would have screwed any team. Liverpool did it to Man Utd FAIRLY.

I can see seven now and I won't hold it against Spurs.

Gomes has no faith and belief again. Compare his first half performance to his performance after his fantastic stop was ruled a cheating yellow card.

Edited by ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

It's typical of you guys to bitch and moan because of a penalty decision that goes against you. Seriously, in my opinion it was the right call.

What?

Seriously.

What?

Fucking hell.

Of course if the penalty was given to Liverpool, it'd be a spot on call, right? (Y)

No. It would have been a fucking awful call you blind twot. Gomes won the ball first, Carrick then went over him. I'm aware that you know absolutely fuck all about football, but even so, even you should know that's not a foul.

Is anyone moaning about any of the other goals? No, we're moaning about the fact a blatantly wrong penalty decision was given in United's favour when they most needed it. Up until that point they looked utterly shite, when they penalty went in, it turned the game around. Maybe you would've scored 4 more, if you had, no-one could've complained, but the chances are you wouldn't because you'd have still been playing like a set of fucktards.

Now, go gloat about your victory but please stop baiting everyone.

It's typical of you guys to bitch and moan because of a penalty decision that goes against you. Seriously, in my opinion it was the right call.

What?

Seriously.

What?

Fucking hell.

Of course if the penalty was given to Liverpool, it'd be a spot on call, right? (Y)

No. It would have been a fucking awful call you blind twot. Gomes won the ball first, Carrick then went over him. I'm aware that you know absolutely fuck all about football, but even so, even you should know that's not a foul.

Oh stop being a dick and take the rose tinted glasses off. You hate United, so whether they perform great or not, you'll shit on them. What the fuck does me knowing anything about football have to do with this? That's got to be the most immature insult ever to say I know fuck all because I'm in here praising the team I support. We've just scored four perfectly fine goals, but that means nothing because of one bad decision in your book. Seriously, grow up and leave it at that.

Great game today, fantastic spirit in the second half from us. We were poor in the first and HAD to step up in the second. Was always worried about this game because Tottenham are never an easy team to beat and the scoreline may be high now, but for half the game it wasn't easy. Huge step forward for us.

What?

Seriously.

What?

Fucking hell.

Oh stop being a dick and take the rose tinted glasses off. You hate United, so whether they perform great or not, you'll shit on them. What the fuck does me knowing anything about football have to do with this? That's got to be the most immature insult ever to say I know fuck all because I'm in here praising the team I support. We've just scored four perfectly fine goals, but that means nothing because of one bad decision in your book. Seriously, grow up and leave it at that.

It wasn't meant as an insult, it was a statement of fact.

To say the penalty decision was even debatable, let alone the correct decision, displays a complete lack of knowledge about football. To not recognise that such an awful decision had a monumental effect on the game is borderline retarded.

Edited by therockbox