Le Sac Vs Pip. Motivational Seminar Tour.

K

So last night was the London date on the tour.

It was awesome.

One person took his photo with me so he could pretend to his friends that he met Scroobius Pip. Makes me feel like I should have taken advantage of all the times I met him by maybe getting a picture. Ah well.

So many twelve year old girls were hitting on me.

Got a few things for my expanding merch collection.

Mr Le Sac called me to the barrier during the set and took my hat from me, Mr Pip wore it. I'm never wearing it or washing it again.

They covered Sugarbabes

After the set, I jumped on stage and stole a poster. Security guard didn't like that. Grabbed me. I punked him out. I win.

After the show I met Musa from A Poem Inbetween People, one of my favourite performance poets. We talked for ages, he's a lovely, lovely man. Took my E-Mail address, he's going to send me an EP I think, which is awesome because I love them.

Then I had subway.

Was at the Glasgow show on the 15th and it was indeed awesome. Support acts weren't as good as the Tut's gig in April but they were okay, nothing offensive and did get a little chat with one of them on the subway home after the show and a few drinks. They threw the posters into the crowd, I didn't get one :( Next Scroob gig is planned. August 25th, the Liquid Rooms in Edinburgh :D

Was waiting for your post.

Did we have the same supports?

First up was the Violin guy, I'm sure you had him, since hw as onstage with Le Sac and Pip, then the hip-hop act (black rapper white DJ, rapper later sang over the extended Thou Shalt outro) then Kid Carpet?

Kid Carpet was cool, and the rapper guy was great over Thou Shalt, but his own set wasn't much. Wasn't feeling the violin dude at all.

Also did you get your hat?

HUGE U.S. TOUR JUST ANNOUNCED

Sweet, especially since it's happening after I turn 21 so no matter what I can go. I'm definitely gonna be there for the Seattle show unless I die or get horribly sick or something.

We didn't get any violin dude and Cadence Weapon (black rapper dude) didn't come back for Thou Shalt, he was busy at the merchandise table I think. In April at King Tut's Producers With Computers rapped over the Thou Shalt outro and I thought it was awesome. Wasn't impressed with Cadence Weapon if I'm being honest, Kid Carpet was fun except his first song with the air guitar synth which I wasn't feeling.

No violin dude?

Was it just Le Sac and Pip on stage for their set? Or was there a third one?

Yuh, this was the weakest set of supports so far. My favourite set was the first headline tour. I Shouted Gun (The Cd I sent you) and The Anomolies, guest spot by A Poem Inbetween People and the event was compared by Gideon Conn.

Was still an awesome show though.

August 25th? Bank Holiday after Reading festival? Hmmm wonder if I can get from Reading to Edinburgh in time for the show. Would need tuesday off work though.

Was a third guy on stage but he just seemed to be in charge of the Powerpoint presentation part of the seminar. No violin in sight. On another related note, I <3 Gideon Conn. He is a musical genius.

If you can make it up to Edinburgh that'd be immensely awesome :)

Ah, cool. He was adding some extra instrumental stuff. He was the first support act too.

Will look into how feasible it is. Is it just a pip headlining gig? Seems kind of random considering the string of festivals they're playing.

Didn't even know where the merch stand was in Oran Mor until I'd spent all my money on £4.40 pints. Edinburgh gig is on payday so a hat is definitely being purchased that day.