Your Big Gay Face II

YI

actit0.jpgmoirazm0.jpgabovevt4.jpg

MEGAUPLOAD

RAPIDSHARE

1. "Let It Slip" by The School

A cool riff, and beautful summer tune. Definate shades of the 60's as well as a Belle & Sebastian vibe from this Welsh indie-pop band. Will be one of my favourite tunes for the sunny summer days, I guarantee.

2. "Flammable Leisurewear" by goFASTER >>

Indie-Rock band from Liverpool with a bloody ridiculous name and a bit of a 'electronic' twist. Basically, if Maximo Park were Scouse not Geordie, it would sound identical to this. Great tune. They get extra props from me for cancelling an upcoming tour to go on summer holiday. That's brilliant.

3. "Dance Like No One's Watching You" by Drive By Argument

Another UK based band, this time from Scotland. The Scottish music seen is bursting with hot acts at the minute. A sound that seems to mix with the likes of InnerPartySystem, Parka, Kasabian, Motion City Soundtrack etc. I could definately see a future for this band.

4. "Aaron" by Forus

Tech-Punk band from France. The punk-rock scene in Europe is insane at the minute, with France inparticular providing some amazing bands. Shades of A Wilhelm Scream and Protest The Hero here, but with a more pop-punk twist.

5. "Untitled For A Reason" by All The Above

Pop-Rock band from Essex. Basically sound like Paramore, but with a synth. Like seriously, if you played this for someone, even the vocals, they'd just be like "Paramore demo". Good tune. I'd fuck the singer rotten. She looks absolute filth...of course she is, she's from Essex! This is actually one of my most listened to songs at the moment, so ridiculously catchy.

6. "The Crayfish Cocktail" by Jocasta Sleeps

Back to the Scottish indie scene. This time to Jocasta Sleeps, who seem to take influence from the likes of Minus The Bear, Biffy Clyro, Sunny Day Real Estate etc. An absolutely amazing song. If these guys get signed up I could definately see them getting a shitload of MTV2 and radio airtime.

7. "Jeremy Kyle Is A Marked Man" by Blakfish

Now how the fuck to describe this band from Birmingham? I've heard the description that it sounds like 5 songs in one, but not in a disjointed way. There's just so much going on, so many style shifts. If you got Biffy Clyro, Hell Is For Heroes, Coheed & Cambria, American Football, Say Anything and a few others, tossed them in a blender, it'd probably sound something like this. Also, the band tour like a motherfucker. If you like them, check them out live.

8. "Meet Me by The River's Edge" by The Gaslight Anthem

What can I say about Gaslight that I haven't a million times before. This is a song from the forthcoming "The '59 Sound" album. Catchy verse, catchier, quotable chorus, a theme of reminiscing, excessive namedropping of a girl and references to Bruce Springsteen...it's got all the formula of a Gaslight Anthem track sorted perfectly. Class song.

9. "Pushing The Green" by Chief

It's loud, it's brash, it's hardcore! With hints of A Wilhelm Scream, Sick Of It All, Death By Stereo etc. Great song from a killer band in the UK punk-rock scene.

10. "Half A World" by The Action Design

From the moment the riff starts up, you know that this is going to be a fantastic song. High tempo indie-rock act The Action Design have really burst onto the scene, fronted by former singer of Tsunami Bomb, the lovely Agent M. This tune opens up their debut full length, which has just been released.

11. "Bob" by Paddy Milner

If you do not find the verse to this tune catchy, you have no soul. Quirky piano playing, a walking bass and background horns. It's like Ben Folds, if only Ben Folds gigged on cruise ships.

12. "One Track Mind" by Indoor Fireworks

I swear I will catch these guys live soon. I keep missing their gigs. It's pop-rock at the end of the day, the tunes are 'obvious', but so god damn catchy. The vocal work is absolutely outstanding too. Apparently opened for Feeder's recent show up here. Amazing local band. A really nice name too.

13. "Sway Your Head" by We Shot The Moon

Despite starting suspiciously close to a Ben Folds number, it soons kicks in as an incredibly catch pop-rock/piano-rock song. The chorus especially gives me total vibes of Jack's Mannequin, and the album is definately one to help me wait for the new Jack's album due in September.

14. "Looking Over My Should" by A Big YES and a Small no

Quirky indie-pop band with a lot in common to Tilly & The Wall, Los Campesinos! etc. This one's the closer on the album and is more downtempo. Acoustic guitar and vibraphone provide the backing to dreamy overlapping vocals. Really nice tune.

15. "Jesus Saves (God Hates Us All)" by Andrew Jackson Jihad

Angry, angry men. This one's a standout from the new EP. The 'simplicity' of AJJ is what's so great about them. Plus that lyrically they just make songs you want to scream along to. If they ever tour the UK, I'm having them play my house. It'd be the most amazing experience ever.

16. "After Sunset" by Styrofoam

Oh, how I love Styrofoam. I'm really pleased people all over the internet have seemingly taken to his new album so well. The Belgian electro-pop artist is better these days with his more 'song' like approach than he used to be. This one opens up the album and has a big triumphant chorus that really gets you pumped up.

17. "Top 10 Drinks" by Moira Stewart

Another local band who I've been meaning to catch and keep missing. Again an electro-pop number, that's been featured on TV show "Skins" (eugh) and pimped by NME. Really catchy tune.

18. "Super Honeymoon" by Owl City

Owl City is basically The Postal Service, if The Postal Service had been up all night watching childrens cartoons and eating smarties.

19. "The West End Side For Free" by The Light Brigade

What would happen if you merged Jimmy Tamborello with Oasis, then you'd probably get something that sounds like this Surrey based band. Pulsating electro-pop. Not to be confused with the 2 other indie bands from London who go by the same name. It sounds suspiciously 'northern'.

20. "Jesus, Walk With Me" by Club 8

Club 8 are a band that have went totally unnoticed to me until a couple of weeks ago, and I will never forgive myself that it's taken me so long to find them. Truly beautiful track, so claustrophic, yet so warm and welcoming at the same time. Beautiful tune to finish this playlist off with.

This may be my favourite one so far. I thought the last one was great, but I think this has a higher proportion of songs I'm more likely to listen to. Whereas the other one had great songs, but not a high amount for me.

So I like more songs on here than the last one, but the songs I like on the last one I may like more than this newer one, there's just less of them. And that's about as coherent as I can make that.

Obviously I'm already a fan of Forus, The Gaslight Anthem, Andrew Jackson Jihad, Owl City and Styrofoam. Having albums by all of them (or EPs in Forus' case) but this play list has given me The School, All The Above, Jocasta Sleeps, Blakfish, The Action Design, Indoor Fireworks (these and TAD I had knowledge of before, but hadn't heard much), We Shot The Moon and A Big YES and a Small no where I'll definitely be hunting out further material of theirs. The rest I'll have to give a few more listens as to whether I want to hear more.

Oh and the very first playlist (The Punk Rock one) may rival this in terms of goodness. Not sure.

I'm part way through Drive By Argument's album now. The first 4 tracks are really good plus "The Sega Method" and "There's Nothing As Epic As Golden Axe" !!!!!! are just brilliant names. 5 was a bit of a come down, bit slower. Just started 6 now and it's all organ at the start and sounds like another quiet song.

But yeah, the first 4 songs were really good. I'm hoping this is sort of like a quiet, calm middle part and then it'll kick back in later on for the last few songs. It's still good though, worth a listen through at least once at the very least.

BUMP!

Thank you IAceI...you creepy myspace 'stalker'...any more? All The Above are now hands down my favourite band in the world. :shifty:

l_68017989fc8b6c36a7a85291f94a8647.jpg

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Yeah, and more feedbacks people. :shifty:

Edited by YI

Downloading now, will listen to....sometime in the future. I got through half of the first one, it was nice but I got distracted by something, possibly a shiny piece of paper.

She's not even attractive. Unless you like YOUR pussy illegal.

However, Agent M, she's fantastic. "Dance Like No One's Watching You" and "Untitled For a Reason" are also very great, and this playlist interests me much more than the first. I am currently distracted by Madcon and 'Beggin'; which I and YI both reccomend, so I'll finih the rest at another point.

Oh, "Bob" rocks too.

"Dance Like No One's Watching You" and "Untitled For a Reason" are also very great,

Yeah, my favourite two songs so far. "Untitled For A Reason" ftw, definitley gonna get more from them. Lead singer looks hottest in that second pic. <3.